Author Topic: Quote Digest  (Read 149052 times)

VincentGAU8

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Toma The Explorer!! TOMA!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Quote Digest
« Reply #285 on: April 30, 2008, 10:42:42 am »
"They made you a god... When they didn't own the heavens..."

~Paul Janson, from Robert Ludlum's The Janson Directive

"You have just killed another living thing Pasha..."

General Pavel Leonidovich Alekseyev, from Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising

"Carpe Diem, seize the day...
Carpe mundum, seize the world..."

Alan Demarest/Peter Novak, The Janson Directive
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 09:06:56 pm by VincentGAU8 »

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 30, 2008, 11:49:15 am »
"Do we have a duty to feed the world?
Yes.
Why?
Because we can."

~Orson Scott Card

deviant_ambition

• Guardian (+100)
  • "Reality is irrelevant; Perception is everything."
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #287 on: April 30, 2008, 11:44:30 pm »
"Falling in love is an irrational thing. 
Even just by falling in love with someone, you'll hurt people, and you'll get hurt yourself. 
To be truly in love with someone, you have to be ready to put your life at risk."

"I only wish that ordinary people had an unlimited capacity for doing harm; then they might have an unlimited power for doing good."
~Socrates

"In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity is the vital thing."
~ Oscar Wilde

"College is fun as long as you don't die."
~ L

"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for."
~Socrates

"Remember that half the people you know are below average."

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher and that is a good thing for any man."
~ Socrates

"If you make an ass out of yourself, there will always be someone to ride you."
~Bruce Lee

"Time is like a sword.  If you don't cut with it, it will cut you."
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 04:01:39 am by d3viant »

Beeyo

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 01, 2008, 05:10:17 am »
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Albert Einstein

"So, is there any tread left on the tires, or is it kind of like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?"
Stewie Griffin talking to a hooker about her vagina
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 05:42:39 am by Beeyo »

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 02, 2008, 03:32:11 am »
Quote from: Kerrigan
You see at this point, I'm pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe, and not all of your little soldiers or space ships will stand in my way again.

Quote from: Zeratul
Stay thy hand, Judicator. The stewards of Tassadar shall not fall while the Dark Templar live. Call off your guards and stand aside, and you may yet live to see another moonrise.

Quote from: Tassadar
Remember us, Executor. Remember what was done here today. May Adun watch over you.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 05, 2008, 03:07:37 am »
Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon
People who don't Think probably don't have Brains; rather, they have grey fluff that's blown into their heads by mistake.
Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering.
You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.
It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?"
If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.
Those who are clever, who have a Brain, never understand anything.
Before beginning a Hunt, it is wise to ask someone what you are looking for before you begin looking for it.
Pooh looked at his two paws. He knew that one of them was the right, and he knew that when you had decided which one of them was the right, then the other was the left, but he never could remember how to begin
-Winnie The Pooh

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 06, 2008, 12:53:45 am »
Quote from: Racer X
I have this thing about losing, I don't do it.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 06, 2008, 10:46:39 pm »
Quote from: larsone86
Real story: Obama's international diplomacy skills may bring ceasefire to African region, and maintain oil production.

MSM headline: "African militants hold Obama in high esteem."

TV news talking point: "Do we really want a President who is respected by terrorists and militants?" [next to photo of Obama in traditional African clothing]

Clinton: “Obama is weak because he talks to our enemies, when I am strong because I threaten to obliterate them with nuclear bombs.”

Voter: “I am voting for Clinton because I heard on the news that how Obama is closely aligned with African militants. Also I think Hillary is a fighter.”

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 07, 2008, 12:02:33 am »

At fellow U.S. population.

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 07, 2008, 12:49:08 am »
Quote from: larsone86
Real story: Obama's international diplomacy skills may bring ceasefire to African region, and maintain oil production.

MSM headline: "African militants hold Obama in high esteem."

TV news talking point: "Do we really want a President who is respected by terrorists and militants?" [next to photo of Obama in traditional African clothing]

Clinton: “Obama is weak because he talks to our enemies, when I am strong because I threaten to obliterate them with nuclear bombs.”

Voter: “I am voting for Clinton because I heard on the news that how Obama is closely aligned with African militants. Also I think Hillary is a fighter.”
... yep.

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 14, 2008, 08:35:02 pm »
Quote from:
Mahatma Ghandi
The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.

Quote from: Henry David Thoreau
Things do not change: we do

Quote from: William Shakespeare
To save something that might remind me of you, I would have to admit that I could forget you.

SolidSnake_8608

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 21, 2008, 12:10:00 pm »
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." -Stephen Roberts

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 28, 2008, 08:41:03 am »
Quote from: Lord J Esq
How often do writers invoke a parenthesis, only to leave its mate forgotten in the torrent of words that follows! We live in the realm where all of those unborn closing parentheses congregate. We are they. Each of us is the tail end of a thought so incidental that it could not even exist in the writer's own world without being sheltered, by us, yet, through authorial negligence and our own ensuing absence, that world has been turned upside down as parenthetical thoughts leech into the environment, corrupting all things. We, we markers of the fantastical, can only gape at the pandemonium. Each of us has a place we shall never reach. Each of us belongs to something from which we are forgotten. Aware that nature has played some cruel trick on us, but only dimly, we seek out our beginning, and we seek out the purpose that gave rise to us, but what would we do even if we found them? They are written, and we are not. We are free radicals, a realm of closing parentheses who once could have brought order to the cosmos, but not do not even exist:)
No interviews, please! There is much work to be done if we are to restore sanity to the cosmos.

Patchy

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 28, 2008, 01:28:20 pm »
Quote from: Niccolo Machiavelli
It is well that, when the act accuses him, the result should excuse him; and when the result is good, as in the case of Romulus [killing his brother Remus to save Rome], it will always absolve him from blame. For he is to be reprehended who commits violence for the purpose of destroying, and not he who employs it for beneficent purposes

Si vis pacem, parra bellum.

If you wish for peace, prepare for war

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 02, 2008, 05:40:10 pm »
Quote from: The Havamal
At eve praise the day,
when burned down, a torch,
a wife when bedded, a weapon when tried,