Zenan Plains - Site Discussion > General Discussion

Quote Digest

<< < (194/194)

tushantin:

--- Quote from: chrono.source on May 23, 2018, 10:24:31 am ---Ironically I am half German, but with no dialect ingrained in me. My father lost it after simply not speaking it after moving out from my grandparents' house.

I really do wish I learned German (or any language for that matter)
--- End quote ---

Learn it! There's nothing better than learning your heritage and where you came from.

--- Quote from: chrono.source on May 23, 2018, 10:24:31 am ---I actually learned that word from a movie called Mr. Nobody. Really bizarre but intriguing. Most "out-there" movies really appeal to me. "The Jacket" being another bizarre movie, but by far my favourite of all time. Definitely worth a watch.
--- End quote ---

You seem like a fan of bizarre stories. Let me recommend to you another bizarre adventure:

--- Quote from: Speedwagon, from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure ---Jonathan! This one's mad as a hatter! Dio's evil yet, but I never see him come out of an animal!
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Jojo, from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure ---Well, my arms are folded and my eyes are closed, this is a victory laugh. You lost today because you snoozed for 2000 years.
--- End quote ---

chrono.source:
Based on a quick wikipedia search it looks rather promising. I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks for the recommendation!

Boo the Gentleman Caller:

--- Quote ---Ironically I am half German, but with no dialect ingrained in me. My father lost it after simply not speaking it after moving out from my grandparents' house.
--- End quote ---

Understandable. It's a fun language, but I'm really rusty these days. I've also started learning Japanese as a hobby, and I think it's pushed out some of my German language skills, hahaha... Never to late to learn with Duolingo or another app! 10 minutes a day can have you at least picking up some skills.

--- Quote ---"The Jacket" being another bizarre movie, but by far my favourite of all time. Definitely worth a watch.
--- End quote ---

ME TOO. It's such a great, criminally underrated film. Especially given the star power of Adrian Brody and Kiera Knightly both held in the late 2000's.

I actually spent YEARS trying to find the ambient music-boxy song that reoccurs throughout the film; it's a Roger Eno tune (brother to Brian Eno) and there are dozens of half-asses recordings from the film, but no official versions. It doesn't help that the film was so under the radar that no real soundtrack exists.

I did eventually find a clean version, though, and it will have to suffice.

But yeah, it's a great time travel film that I really wish carried more clout in the film community.

V_Translanka:
The Jacket & Domino are two of my fav Kiera Knightly movies. I believe she has topless scenes in both, not that they're amazing or anything, just a random fact floating in the noggin...😅

Boo the Gentleman Caller:

--- Quote ---The Jacket & Domino are two of my fav Kiera Knightly movies.
--- End quote ---

One of the things I really liked about The Jacket was how it didn't necessarily offer answers to some of it's questions. Nowadays films like to spell everything out and use dialog to exposition everything to ensure the audience 'gets it.'

I'll just leave this here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd4xrjAZBGA

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version