Author Topic: Dream Team List / Roll Call  (Read 3096 times)

Daniel Krispin

Re: Dream Team List / Roll Call
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2006, 01:27:19 am »
I guess, then...
If you need me for something. Chiefly, I think I could check dialogue. Not write it myself (I have proven that my style is too long and occassionally bombastic for something of this nature), but make certain what others have written doesn't have any great flaws in it. Oh, and if you need me to translate anything else into ancient Greek (after all, Chrono Cross did make use of Latin for a bunch of terms) Maybe for something in Chronopolis? Maybe some treatises and the like that are lying around could be written in it? Not that I'm that good at it yet, but any simpler sentences aren't a problem for me even at this point in time - as long as its not something in optative or subjunctive moods, or makes use of pluperfect and perfect, none of which I have learned yet, I could translate near to anything rather quickly, with relatively correct grammer - at least I can guarentee you not one in ten thousand will know if its wrong. And the point would just be to make something appear 'old', anyway. Sorry if I sound too eager for that, but ancient Greek is my great ambition right now - my goal is to become conversational in it, which is a rare thing even amongst Classicists. I want to be able to sight-translate Homer. So, yeah...

Anyway, that's that.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2006, 02:28:01 pm »
Mental note: Release at http://www.1emulation.com/ when ready

TheOutlaw

• Guardian (+100)
  • Run like it is Godzilla!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2006, 07:00:51 am »
Well now that I'm working for this hack rather my own, I'll say I'll probably end up spriting above other things, it is what I have the most history with (FFVI). but as time drags on I'll probably stretch into other areas.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2006, 10:36:14 am »
Mwahaha, fresh blood... welcome :)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2006, 05:47:44 pm »
Mental note: post CE at http://joystiq.com/ when done

Maelstrom

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2006, 01:52:03 pm »
Howdy all.

I'm sort of in charge of dictating enemy stat changes, but I will list some other skills I offer that I can do without TF (I will assume anything I can accomplish inside of TF can already be done).  Many of them will be redundant, but a handful may prove useful.

Changing initial character stats: This skill seems well-covered already.

Changing weapon stats: This includes power, price, and one special effect (slow, chaos, strong against "magic" enemies, "Demi" against vulnerable enemies, death, slumber, 4x damage critical, etc), but other abilities are discussed below.

Changing armor/helmet stats: This includes defense, price, and one special effect (haste, safe, chaos protection, etc), but other abilities are discussed below.

I can dictate certain stat changes for weapons, armor, helmets, and a handful of accessories: Power, Speed, Stamina, Hit, Evade, Magic, and Magic Defense.  However, any stats I change must be changed by the same amount.  The stat can range from -128 (which would nullify any chosen stats) to +127 (which would max out any chosen stats).  The maximum number of different stat combination changes allowed is 127 (or possibly 128 if you count the "default" action of no stat changes, which I've never tried changing).  You can make useful accessories this way (because let's face it, +10 STR is worthless compared when compared to the effect of overpowering accessories, like PrismSpecs).  This was a pretty exciting discovery for me!

I can change who can use certain equipment.

I can change elemental protection and scale that protection between 0% and 75% (0%, 17%, 29%, 38%, 45%, 50%, etc).  I can do this with multiple elements, but all elements must be changed by the same amount.  Making a character "weak" to an element under any circumstance is not truly possible, but you can make them relatively weak by having alternative armor protect a little bit against all elements, and then the next armor would provide either no protection (weak) or heavy protection (strong) against other elements.  These changes can done in addition to potentially one "absorbed" element (so an armor could absorb fire, be "neutral" against lightning and shadow via small elemental resistance, and then be "weak" to water).  Absorption is available for armor/helmets only, but elemental resistance is available to ALL equipment.

I can change how certain items and equipment can be used/sold/etc.

I can change the price, power, and sometimes even the type of effect by a certain item (but the animation will probably be wrong).

I can change store information, but that ability is redundant.

Character tech (limited): I can change their power and TP cost.  I can also sometimes change their effects, but the animations will still be wrong.  Still, I found changing power and TP cost to be a little useful in previous work!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 01:54:20 pm by Maelstrom »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2006, 08:02:00 pm »
I'm removing Oswego del Fuego, Aitrus, and Mr. Tuesday from the group. Other people I'm wondering about:

*JossiRossi's been absent, mostly over at ACMLM's; I'll leave him so once we get back to hard mapping he may help
*GrayLensman's got his reserved spot at the table, although a Compendium without him is pretty empty inside; I want him on the final beta test crew
*Asuyuka, forgot what she was doing
*axi, he's never posted anything, and I sort of granted him access because he requested over a year ago when we still had PHPBB
*Exodus, I don't think he's planning on doing stuff for a while, so he may be out
*Lord J Esq, he's not in the mix until the beta testing stages, when I'll force him to play the game
*ChibiBob, ditto
*Mystik3eb, not sure he's posted anything here lately
*Sentenal, ditto

It's not that I want to deny access or anything, but having a small, lean crew makes it easier to manage and know what's going on.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2006, 10:49:51 am »
Mystik is basically gone from the compendium.  He doesn't really post anymore.  I think his last post was like, last year or quite a few months ago.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2007, 09:57:31 pm »
Removal with last date visited:

JossiRossi (June 6, 2006)
GrayLensman (Septembre 7, 2006)
Asuyuka (October 7, 2006)
Dr_Death16 (October 30, 2006)
Radical_R (November 6, 2006)
Mystik3eb (November 27, 2006)
axi (December 13, 2006)
Vargose (April 26, 2007)
Exodus (Today)
Lord J Esq (Today)
Sentenal (Today)

This will be kept on for future engagements if they return:

Maelstrom (September 4, 2006)
jsondag2 (March 2, 2007)

Remaining members and functions

Chickenlump (Consulting)
Chrono'99 (Director)
CyberSarkany (Beta Testing, Monster Coordination)
Daniel Krispin (Plot Analysis)
Geiger (Consulting)
Hadriel (Plot Analysis)
Janus Zeal (Beta Testing)
JLukas (Consulting)
justin3009 (Other Activities)
Kae (Mapping)
Kyronea (Other Activities)
Maelstrom (Monster Coordination)
nightmare975 (Mapping)
Shinrin (Other Activities, Beta Testing)
TheOutlaw (Other Activities)
Vehek (Other Acivities)
Zakyrus (Other Activities)
ZeaLitY (Scripter, Mapper, Co-Director)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 10:03:10 pm by ZeaLitY »