Author Topic: Demo Feedback  (Read 7433 times)

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/solid_star_16
Demo Feedback
« on: December 28, 2005, 10:47:30 pm »
Thought I'd start this up seeing as no one else has.  Comments / complaints / feedback for the demo would be all greatly appreciated.  Also, in the end of both scenarios... where are we sending the parties off to?

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Demo Feedback
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 09:10:31 am »
I can't download it, my cousin will kill me. I would have played it ten times through by now, but my cousin has to be a jerk. Anyways, I'm sure it's great.

kickacecrono0091

Demo Feedback
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 01:38:32 pm »
I think it's great. All the few problems it had were fixed. So it's all good. And I'd think we're seding them off to either a new dimension or time period.

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Demo Feedback
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 02:04:16 pm »
Good good.  Sorry you weren't able to play yet Azarath, that kinda sucks.  Just started them out by going to a new dimension...

Specs I have so far:
- Guardia's fall already took place (several years ago - 602 AD maybe).
- Porre is an independent nation
- Fiona's Shrine and all trees have been wasted
- Porre has extra houses and such
- Overworld Music changed
- There's a tower (to be added)
- Porre Military Training Grounds are gone
- Jesse and Kates Shop is changed so that they offer different things in different dimensions
- Porre Hospital is gone and in its place is a place to travel
- The bridge is fixed (which it will be in your starting dimension eventually too, but it's not even broken here)

Things in mind:
- Vera and the girl you save (did we have a name?) will be found here
- A new history of the world (from 602 AD - or whenever- on) is to be discovered -> one choice can split a timeline into two new separate dimensions

Thoughts, comments, complaints?

kickacecrono0091

Stream Compliment!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 05:36:24 pm »
On 1up.com(a good gaming site that's very similar to Myspace.com) in one of the Chrono clubs(you can join clubs that are basically like forums) I posted the link to Chrono Stream and told people about it. Here's the only comment on it so far. The bold print is the subject.

Amazing Job on Chrono Stream!
"I gotta give big ups to the chrono stream team, it really feels like i'm playing the true sequel (I absolutely love the battle victory tune)again congrats on a great game I will continue to play"

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Demo Feedback
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 11:07:33 pm »
That's some pretty great news   :D
It's good to know we're doing a good job.

P.s.: Crono's second quest is almost complete.  It looks fairly good, and I'm really enjoying making it.  You should see it... I'll see if I can update pics later.  Better yet, I'll do it on the site.
And now... time to study for the GRE's (taking tomorrow) wish me luck.

kickacecrono0091

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 07:34:14 pm »
Good luck!

kickacecrono0091

Another Compliment!
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 10:06:21 pm »
We got another comment from the same place, different guy!

High_wind889: I've got only one thing to say about Chrono Stream...you'll catch my drift...:
Tada-menoum! Tu tu tu tu-tu! TADA-MENOUM! TU TU TU TU! Mouahahahahah!!! I never tought this would make one fine battle fanfare!!! Remember y'all: Chrono Trigger DIDN'T have any battle fanfare.
When I started the game, I saw you could choose between 2 character Alex and Crono. My real name being Alex, I was more tempted in his quest. It really had a dark theme to it...... until I first heard the battle fanfare..... The game took somewhat an amusing turn at that point. And I just played 5 minutes!!!!!!!! I'm now going to play at least 3 hours straight!:P:P:P:P

Major Thumbs Up to you and your team, HIGH_wind889!!!!! Your Game-Crafting skill attribute is **!!! Y'all know what

(by the by, highwind is my name on that site)[/i][/b]

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Demo Feedback
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2006, 02:20:55 pm »
I love seeing good feedback.  It means we're all doing a great job.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Demo Feedback
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 12:33:38 am »
Yeah, 179 people have downloaded it so far, herograw says. 3.2 gigs of bandwidth; the server can handle a lot more, so don't worry.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Demo Feedback
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006, 10:52:58 pm »
Oh crap. Forgot all about Chrono Stream!

Darth Mongoose

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://darthmongoose.hyper-comix.com/home.html
Demo Feedback
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2006, 07:00:34 am »
Ok everybody is being really nice about the game, and it does seem pretty good, but there are some glaring flaws that really need pointing out here so that the game can be improved. So looks like I'm stuck playing 'evil critic' -_-'

I think some of the area design needs rethinking. There are a lot of areas that are huge with big wide open spaces, which is very different from CT, which was very efficient with space. Too many of the areas involve big, square or rectangular shaped bits of ground, which aren't very interesting or nice to look at. Some of the sprites and BG rips, the colours have gone murky due to being put into limited colours, which doesn't look very nice. There are some much nicer rips available on the web if you look around on various RPGmaker resource sites. I don't understand why Guardia Castle looks entirely different from how it looked in the original game. It'd feel more immersive it if looked the same.
The text that comes up to announce a new storyline thing is a bit dull. Even using a more interesting font or outlining the letters would make it look more interesting and professional.
Overall the game is pretty good, it's mainly the way that the areas have been set out that needs a bit of a rethink.

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Demo Feedback
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2006, 11:08:55 am »
Oh believe me, the areas are going to be redone.  I had the same problems as I was making this.  Also, the sprites will be redone, I just have yet to do them all.  This is just demo stuff.  When I'm actually ready to release the full version it'll be a lot better.
As for Guardia Castle.. I got lazy, bottom line.  That small screen was meant only for the demo.  It'll be fixed, eventually.

As for now, I'm just working on trying to progress the story along.  When it's all well and good, I'll refinish the maps and such.  I've already got some layouts I've been working on for redesign.  I'll probably start on that soon enough since we haven't really worked out details for the second quest.

But thank you for the honest critique.  I'm glad I wasn't the only one to feel the maps needed reworking  :wink: Anyways, all ideas, questions, complaints, problems are all welcome.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Demo Feedback
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2006, 11:29:10 pm »
well...You do realize in the comment events you dont have to have a 4 frame limit walk.  You could have a full 7 frame walk animation in ct style.  So then it gives the heroes a better touch.

knightx

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Demo Feedback
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2006, 11:43:17 pm »
just finished the demo  so far its looking like it will be great i was gonna say something about the maps but it has all been said the player animation was kinda jerky but still fun it did freeze up on me once during the Alex Quest but that might just be my Computer. Looking foward to the next demo.