Author Topic: Question on Lavos  (Read 1768 times)

Anonymous

Question on Lavos
« on: November 27, 2005, 04:28:05 am »
Why did Lavos choose 1999 A.D. to pop out and destroy the earth? Was is because he absorbed enough energy to do so or was it just a spur of the moment thing.

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Oh how I wish to dream again...
    • View Profile
Question on Lavos
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 05:34:58 am »
All those years, he was (probably) gathering enough energy to create its spawns.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Question on Lavos
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 03:57:44 pm »
Well, considering that he could have theoretically emerged at any point, I've always thought that its because civilization was about to become so advanced that it could stop Lavos from destroying the world. He thus erupted at the last possible minute that human evolution could proceed without becoming too powerful.

Dirtie

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Question on Lavos
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 03:44:18 am »
And that just happened to be the year 1999?
I wonder if there were any weirdos back in the 95-98 that thought Lavos really would pop out in 1999 after playing the game? :P

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Question on Lavos
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 04:32:17 am »
It was just a gimmick, as Notradamous (?) predicted 1999 will be the end of the world.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
Question on Lavos
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 06:19:09 am »
Quote from: Dirtie
I wonder if there were any weirdos back in the 95-98 that thought Lavos really would pop out in 1999 after playing the game? :P

Oh. There were.

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Oh how I wish to dream again...
    • View Profile
Question on Lavos
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 07:48:00 am »

I played the game in 2002, so I had no problem with Lavos. But killing him was the only way to (normally) complete the game... Pity, pity.

evirus

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Question on Lavos
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 12:14:42 pm »
well lovas, as you should remember, awakened after zeal started to abuse his power to a greate degree (sending the mammon mechine closer to teh core of the planet in order to draw the maximum amount of energy from lovas) lovas nearly killed off humanity at that point except for a small few... what if in 1999 humanity tried to draw power from lovas again but the attack took so much of a toll the planet that it never recovered

Paradox

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Question on Lavos
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2006, 12:46:43 am »
Quote from: Anonymous
Why did Lavos choose 1999 A.D. to pop out and destroy the earth? Was is because he absorbed enough energy to do so or was it just a spur of the moment thing.

Eh, Lavos probably was probably just trying to beat the millenium bug to the punch. Had to prove he was the baddest bug on the rock ey'?

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Question on Lavos
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2006, 02:50:50 pm »
Quote from: evirus
well lovas, as you should remember, awakened after zeal started to abuse his power to a greate degree (sending the mammon mechine closer to teh core of the planet in order to draw the maximum amount of energy from lovas) lovas nearly killed off humanity at that point except for a small few... what if in 1999 humanity tried to draw power from lovas again but the attack took so much of a toll the planet that it never recovered

ph3312 teh lovas!!

Actually, Queen Zeal noted on the Black Omen that 1999 was lovas' big day. By whatever means, for whatever reasons, this aspect of lovas' existence proceeded linearly through normal time. Speculation is difficult because of the temporal nonsensicalities that quickly arise, but perhaps we can reasonably assume that the life energy lovas absorbed was not able to be (practically?) shifted through time, compelling it to adopt a minimum awakening point.

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Question on Lavos
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2006, 07:42:05 pm »
Quote from: Lord J esq
Quote from: evirus

ph3312 teh lovas!!

Actually, Queen Zeal noted on the Black Omen that 1999 was lovas' big day. By whatever means, for whatever reasons, this aspect of lovas' existence proceeded linearly through normal time. Speculation is difficult because of the temporal nonsensicalities that quickly arise, but perhaps we can reasonably assume that the life energy lovas absorbed was not able to be (practically?) shifted through time, compelling it to adopt a minimum awakening point.

Don't be meen. And its spelled Ph34|2

LadyShiva

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Question on Lavos
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2006, 02:27:50 pm »
Quote from: Mystik3eb

Oh. There were.
We kind of joked about it, but I always kinda wondered >.>
~

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
Question on Lavos
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2006, 03:55:50 am »
Quote from: LadyShiva
We kind of joked about it, but I always kinda wondered >.>
~

Well, I was one of them for years until we got to 1999 and I realized almost nobody lived in domes.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Question on Lavos
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2006, 12:42:27 pm »
Old Nostradomeus prophecy that was much more seriously believed in Japan... just look it up on Wiki...
Thats the only reason why 1999 was chosen...