Author Topic: Temporal Flux Animation Reference Project  (Read 45625 times)

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
Temporal Flux Animation Reference Project
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2006, 01:29:17 pm »
Then I will try Magus, already set the fair up.
10 Magus are working, but 20 end in a light-blue screen if you enter that area, whats the maximum capacity of the fair area? how many Magus can it handle? Or is it just a thing of trying?

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2006, 01:44:37 pm »
If 10 works, stick with 10, you are still going 10 times faster than whoever it was that did Crono :D (great work that it was).

For enemies, only worry about PRM's if they can't be loaded as an NPC first. Many monsters can be loaded normally as an NPC, and the process won't take anywhere near as long as characters, monsters have MUCH less frames of animation to go throuth. MUCH LESS.

Also, someone let me know if the following works
(yes, I'm a cheater :P )

The basic idea is to talk to the character, npc, or enemy, and have it do an animation. Then, pause, then the next animation, then pause, then the next animation... etc...   Write them down as they happen, in between pauses, or pause the emulator between animations. You can almost go through ALL their animations in one go. This example took 1 minute to whip up, just copy the first two (animation and pause) and paste them as much as possible. Then go back and change the animations to go in order, from 0 - FF or whatever you want them to go to. Then, keep the event, and just change the character/enemy/npc you are writing down, and the event works for him/her/it as well.  

feel free to improve upon this, I would, but I have to be at work soon.

If this works, instead of having a buch of the same NPC, a bunch of times reloading the game, hopefully you can have just one NPC, that does all the animations, all at one time. Think of how the clone does an animation when you talk to him, and then another when you talk to him again. I should have copied from his events, but you guys get my drift anyway. :)

-edit-
Here is how the clone works:

I'm sure this could be tweaked for your usage.

(mem address 7F021E is how many times you've activated the object, if I talk to him 255 times, the counter at 7F021E will read FF)

Actually, take out that bitmath/reset command, it stops the clone from animating past animation 03. With that taken out, you can cycle through every animation the thing has, when you want it to, with accompanying sound.

Don't forget to change the animations over to Normal instead of Static. I now have a fully working Gato Clone. :D

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2006, 02:14:49 pm »
I tried Magus from 00-F, here is what i got:

00:nothing
01:walking
02:walking(rapid B in front of wall)
03:Glover thingy(fighting pose)
04:Glover thingy(1 frame)
05:got hit(1 frame)
06:running(flying)
07:disappering glitch
08:dead(lying on floor)
09:suprised(looking down)
0A:spinning clockwise+throwing cape back
0B:throwing cape back(winning pose)
0C:throwing cape for turn around(no turn around)
0D:disappearing glitch
0E:Crouch+jumping up(cape closed)
0F:disappearing glitch

disappearing glitch means he is not there, if you "talk" to him, his textures are screwed sometimes. 1 frame means there is no "animation", just 1 picture.
I think i'm gonna try Chickenlump's idea, maybe it's even easier(thou having 10 magus with cool poses looks so nice :P)

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2006, 02:17:03 pm »
Make sure to look at my post again, I edited a few things just now.
Copy, and Paste is really handy. :)

Now I have to go off and experiment with 10 Schala's. I hope you're happy!  :evil:

:lol:

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2006, 02:17:42 pm »
Of course the clone.  I can't believe I forgot that.  Just to clarify, removing the bitmath isn't all you have to do .  You still have to copy and paste that result FF times and increment it every time.  Also, if you are copying and pasting the clone code you'll have to change the GOTO line number.  

Good thinking Chickenlump.

--jp

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2006, 02:24:41 pm »
I just noticed something, there seems to be some animations for the playable chars who seem always the same(at least for marle, magus and crono):
00=standing
01=walking
03=fighting pose
05=got hit
08=dead
and so on, maybe we can shorten this searching stuff, if some animations are all the same, but I'm not sure so some may check it with different chars.

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2006, 02:37:52 pm »
Quote from: jsondag2
Of course the clone.  I can't believe I forgot that.  Just to clarify, removing the bitmath isn't all you have to do .  You still have to copy and paste that result FF times and increment it every time.  Also, if you are copying and pasting the clone code you'll have to change the GOTO line number.  

Good thinking Chickenlump.

--jp

Thanks, Yeah I forgot to mention the up to FF copy and pasting. After work, maybe I'll set up an event like that, and export it, so everyone can download that, and just change the object loaded.

I would still go through each and every animation for the characterts, even if some of their basic animations just happen to be the same. With a project as big as CE, and any other project that will use these lists, getting a wrong animation can ruin a scene, and not many people will want to use a list for their project that had the  objects listed geussed upon. It's not that hard to go through each one, now that we have pretty much refined the process. Viva La Refinement! >_>

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2006, 02:47:13 pm »
Basic animations will be the same because the code is generalized so that you can have anyone in your party and still have the scene look good.  It goes something like this

Object XX
CallObjectFunction(PC1 Arbitrary 1)

PC1 Arbitrary 1
Animation 8

Now they want to make is so that no matter who PC1 is, that PC does a surprised animation so they will make all PC's have animation 8 be surprised

Note I'm just filling in numbers here but the basic concept is there.

That being said you might as well just get all the animations for each character.  It might actually take longer to make sure your skipping the right ones.  

--jp

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2006, 02:56:55 pm »
We should check everything, guessing stuff is not the usual quality of the compendium :P
Since I'm a hardcore newbie to TF...may I ask how to add the 7F021E+=01? I knew how to add stuff like this in other progs 3 years ago(damn school stuff...i always forget it) and i know what it means and so on(trying to make you think i'm not thats stupid heh), but for now...I need help...
The rest would be just copy and pasting, and changing a few numbers...but i think it's easier to wait for the stuff Chickenlump wants to set up, so it's not that important to tell me how it works, my clone army has to wait then...

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2006, 03:09:31 pm »
Quote from: CyberSarkany
We should check everything, guessing stuff is not the usual quality of the compendium :P
Since I'm a hardcore newbie to TF...may I ask how to add the 7F021E+=01? I knew how to add stuff like this in other progs 3 years ago(damn school stuff...i always forget it) and i know what it means and so on(trying to make you think i'm not thats stupid heh), but for now...I need help...
The rest would be just copy and pasting, and changing a few numbers...but i think it's easier to wait for the stuff Chickenlump wants to set up, so it's not that important to tell me how it works, my clone army has to wait then...

Here is a quick example of what I did.
Import it as-is, it will import my event to your ROM, overwriting Gato's event with my own Gato's event. Just walk up to Gato, and talk to him. He will cycle through animations (normal, not static). I haven't coded up to FF yet, and I won't be able to untill tonight sometime, maybe tommorow. Any one that feels up to finishing it, feel free.

Look through the event, and see how it works.

http://ce.herograw.org/CL/Gato.Flux

It's Object 08, under Activate. I only went up to 32.  :cry:

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2006, 04:20:58 pm »
I already did it till 9F, but what do i need to insert in the slots section from export?

[Edit]Oki did it till FF, i just need to know how to export it properly, i tried it and it seems to change nothing if i use it on a new rom...has anything to do with slots i think...

[Edit2]K, i noticed slot=event, so slot has to be 6F for gatos event, hah I'm proud of finding it out myself :)
Here is the link, i bet the thingy isn't 100% perfect, but i checked it twice...
http://www.freewebs.com/cybersarkany/Gatocomplete.Flux
It's supposed to use this was:open rom in TF->import->select file->go to gatos ex whatever->events->object8->change the enemy->update/write to mem./save->play rom->go to gatos place. The enemy(or npc)works just like the clone, starting animation 0, press a->animation1 and so on, it works till animation FF.
Sry for the (hopefully)idiotic-proof explanation, i just tried to do it a way that even I would understand it :)

[Edit3]Yeah these edits annoy everyone sry, just wanted to mention it can be that the link won't work because of to much bandwidth usuage(it's freewebs, c'mon), I will search for another way to upload stuff tomorow, got to go sleeping now(GMT+1)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2006, 06:59:49 pm »
I'm speechless at all the help we're getting here. That, coupled with a million other things, really makes me think that we're entering a sort of Silver Age for the Chrono series community. I'm going to meditate on this...

DivineDragoonKain

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2006, 07:14:54 pm »
Sorry I've been gone, guys. This is indeed some good progress, and a great follow-up to my work on Crono.

Admittedly, back then when I wanted to try a new animation, I would have to start a new game, since I tested it at the end of the opening sequence when Crono normally stretches. I WAS smart enough to eventually edit it so it went straight to the opening scene, but that's another story...

I need an update on what I've missed over the holidays. =(

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2006, 02:03:13 pm »
Is it possible to add some kind of timer or whatever, saying what the current animation number is? Because if these glitchy sprites apear alot of times in a row, it may be confusing. Or simple add a textbox saying "Animation 08" and then the char is performing this animation.
Just an idea to prevent counting faults.

[Edit1] I tried it untill 0F, but the textbox always says 0F and i donno why...I did it like this:
Object 08: Activate:(Sound;7F021E+=01;Result=Mem.7F021E |thx for Chickenlump who did this stuff| )

If(Result == 00)
  -Textbox(Bottom, "Animation 00:")
  -Animation(Normal, 00, 00)
  -Return

If(Result == 01)
  -Textbox(Bottom,"Animation 01:")
  -Animation(Normal, 01, 00)
  -Return

And so on, untill 0F...(I know taking screenshots is easier, but i'm to lazy to go to freewebs and upload it). What's the prob?

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2006, 09:41:13 pm »
Is the text box always saying 0F, even though the sprite is doing a different animation for each 0F textbox?  If not, the problem is the same result is always being used, it's not incrementing properly.