Author Topic: 10 Years?  (Read 1168 times)

SC

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
10 Years?
« on: December 23, 2005, 06:14:15 pm »
Spoilers, of course.

Up until I bought the CC Ultimania, I've always thought the CC world split 14 years ago, which is basically what the 'Lucca' ghost says at the end of the game. But both this site and the Ultimanie say that it split 10 years ago instead. Where in the game does it say this?

I think the world spliting 14 years ago makes more sense in a way, since the Future Home Kid succeeds in saving Serge where Future Another Kid does not (If she even tries). Of course I haven't figured out why Home Kid would save Serge and Another Kid wouldn't, but keep in mind there was originally one pedestal in the Divine Dragon Falls, but in the same cavern in Another there's two and in Home there's none, so some things woulda been different before the formation of the Dead Sea.

Another thing. In Chronopolis, one of the computers say...

"Ever since the formation of
the Dead Sea 10 years ago...
FATE has been unable to intervene
directly with World 01."

That kinda sounds like for 4 years FATE was giving instructions to both worlds until the Dead Sea formed, therefor destroying FATE and Chronopolis, and without FATE, the people in Home World began acting on free will...

If I'm partially or completely wrong, feel free to tear my post apart  :D

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
10 Years?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 07:17:30 pm »
Up until I bought the CC Ultimania, I've always thought the CC world split 14 years ago, which is basically what the 'Lucca' ghost says at the end of the game. But both this site and the Ultimanie say that it split 10 years ago instead. Where in the game does it say this?

CC Ultimania isn't considered canon by many, but yea, it is ten.

I think the world spliting 14 years ago makes more sense in a way, since the Future Home Kid succeeds in saving Serge where Future Another Kid does not (If she even tries). Of course I haven't figured out why Home Kid would save Serge and Another Kid wouldn't, but keep in mind there was originally one pedestal in the Divine Dragon Falls, but in the same cavern in Another there's two and in Home there's none, so some things woulda been different before the formation of the Dead Sea.

There's only one Kid.

"Ever since the formation of
the Dead Sea 10 years ago...
FATE has been unable to intervene
directly with World 01."

That kinda sounds like for 4 years FATE was giving instructions to both worlds until the Dead Sea formed, therefor destroying FATE and Chronopolis, and without FATE, the people in Home World began acting on free will...

The quote you provided is the proof for the ten year statement, since the Dead Sea was created at the exact moment of the Split.

SC

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
10 Years?
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 07:40:00 pm »

CC Ultimania isn't considered canon by many, but yea, it is ten.

I ask again; where in the game does it say it's 10?

There's only one Kid.

Care to explain?

The quote you provided is the proof for the ten year statement, since the Dead Sea was created at the exact moment of the Split.

I'm not seeing it; it sounds to me that FATE was controlling Home World until the Dead Sea formed. The computer says "Ever since", implying that FATE could intervene with World 01 before the Dead Sea formed. Can you please back up your claims?

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
10 Years?
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 08:43:39 pm »
Quote from: SC

I ask again; where in the game does it say it's 10?

Radius says it. Marge says it. She says something like "Before the Dead Sea appeared 4 years after the incident, you, Miguel and your father all drifted into the Sea of Eden." etc. etc.
The formation was said to have happened in 1010AD. When Kid saves Serge, the dimensions split and in homeworld, where Serge lives, the dead sea formates.

Care to explain?

As Aura about this. I'm only an expert at Schala. To many discreprencies on Kid. The Kid from the future, I had always thought was the original timelines reincarnated Schala. Schala can't constantly create Kid's. Just like before Lavos is defeated, in 1004 AD, is Kid still created? We don't know.
But if there are two Kids, one is in homeworld on Zenan, where Lucca never died.

I'm not seeing it; it sounds to me that FATE was controlling Home World until the Dead Sea formed. The computer says "Ever since", implying that FATE could intervene with World 01 before the Dead Sea formed. Can you please back up your claims?

Yeah, I kind of used to think that myself.
Though, World 01 could have also been the combined world. Then in 1010AD, World 01 became home world and World 02 became Another. Since FATE is in another, they can't communicate with the FATE in that world, and can only send messages to Lynx and the records of FATE, but nothing else.

SC

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
10 Years?
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 09:09:43 pm »
Thanks, Zaperking. Your post helped a lot... however I got one more question... If they really did split in 1010, then what's the 'Lucca' ghost talking about...

"As Schala fell through the
   time gate in this condition,
   she heard your crying
   echoing through time...
   That is when her story and
   yours began to intertwine...
   It is also when the past and
   the future began to intersect,
   and when the world became
   divided into two..."

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
10 Years?
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2005, 12:30:39 am »
It's obviously 10 years ago. In one dimension, Serge dies. In another, Serge is saved. Nothing before that was different. Many people you talk to had changes that do not date farther than 10 years previous.

That quote is referring to 10 years ago, when Serge was drowning. In the Home Dimension, Kid, from the future, saved Serge from drowning.

And I dunno what he's talking about there being only one Kid...Kid came about before the dimensional split, therefore she's in both, but she's only in El Nido in Another.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
10 Years?
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2005, 12:37:24 am »
Quote from: SC
Thanks, Zaperking. Your post helped a lot... however I got one more question... If they really did split in 1010, then what's the 'Lucca' ghost talking about...

"As Schala fell through the
   time gate in this condition,
   she heard your crying
   echoing through time...
   That is when her story and
   yours began to intertwine...
   It is also when the past and
   the future began to intersect,
   and when the world became
   divided into two..."

It's a reference, like an idea which is explaining how the whole of CC began from an outsiders point of view. SPOILERS BELOW!

Schala was gated, and fell through time. At this point, the Time Crash had already happened, and El Nido had already been built. Serge was born, and one day, was bitten by a panther. He was going to die, and started crying. His crys echoed through time, and Schala heard it. This was when it all began, which led him to being the Chrono Trigger/Arbiter.

As Schala tried making contact with his dimension to save him, her interfernce resulted in a mighty storm engulfing the Sea of Eden. Chronopolis blackedout, and Schala guided Miguel, Wazuki and Serge to Chronopolis. Wazuki heard Schala's calls through the flame "Bring him to me.. The child. Bring him to me" and took him into the Frozen Flame room, where he was healed by Schala. That very instant, Serge was registered as "The Arbiter" thanks to the Prometheus Circuit (a rouge file built by Lucca inside FATE's hardware). After that, nobody could reach the flame, and the only person who did have the power is Serge. Wazuki seeing the flame brought the images of Serge almost dying back, and he went crazy. Miguel was held hostage in Chronopolis, and Wazuki and Serge barily escaped and got back to Arni. There, Wazuki dumped Serge at Marge's house and ran away.

And then the reason the dimension split is that Wazuki was made into Lynx (because cats/Lynx's are Serge's fear) by FATE as a bio-organic interface. Wazuki's soul was pretty much.. destroyed. Anyway, FATE needed the flame bad, and decided to kill Serge. So one day when he was fishing, Lynx came and killed Serge, hoping that the lock would open up. Nope. And it didn't. Then in 1015AD, Lucca was taken by Lynx to open it (with Harle's help), but she didn't want to do it, and probably was killed.
Then sometime in the future, Kid travels back in time to save Serge. He is saved, and the dimension split (my theory was that she used her pendant on him, so one version of him died, whilst one version was sent back into the immediate past). Yeah so anyway, that's how the dimension split, I guess. Feel free to correct anything that I said.

Oh yeah, and history repeats itself again. So in 1015AD in another world, Lucca is kidnaped and presumed killed for not helping FATE out. In Home World, she's not killed and Kid stays on the mainland, or just doesn't exist most likely.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
10 Years?
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2005, 02:19:47 pm »
Zapar pretty much got it.