Author Topic: Do you draw?  (Read 2968 times)

Ramsus

Do you draw?
« on: December 11, 2003, 09:05:26 pm »
Do you draw? Post some of your work here.

I've been drawing since I was little. Anyway, I just did this one tonight:

EDIT: Fixed a few things.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Do you draw?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2003, 09:27:37 pm »
I traced comic book characters and other heroes of muscular build for a couple years, and then drew them freely. Unfortunately, I never acquired proper technique or methods, and I left it behind in sixth grade.

Lithe

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://yangfeili.deviantart.com/
Do you draw?
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2003, 10:58:43 pm »
Hey... didn't I just see that pic over at OCRemix  :lol: ?

I've got some stuff up at http://yangfeili.deviantart.com/

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
A Drawing
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2003, 12:22:53 am »
I draw only very rarely, because of the three major forms of expression--literature, music, and art--it is the one in which I have the least natural talent. However, since my personal philosophy holds that forms of expression are also expressions of intelligence, I force myself to draw every now and then. Below is a drawing of someone you ought to recognize. Her odd pose owes to the missing background; you can therefore imagine her in any one of several situations of varying mood, theme, and intent. The major trouble with drawing this is that Lisa's midsection is a ball, which gives her curves in the wrong places when she bends. I think my resolution of that difficulty was innovative, and mostly successful. Pencil on 20-lb. stock, completion time three hours. Title: "Girl Packs Inhibitions"

~ Josh

Garian

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Do you draw?
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2003, 05:36:07 pm »
like, isn't that from the episode thta they went to duff gardens and she got drunk?

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Do you draw?
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2003, 09:52:43 pm »
Quote from: Garian
like, isn't that from the episode thta they went to duff gardens and she got drunk?

That was a good episode, but it provided no stylistic inspiration for the drawing.

~ Josh

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Do you draw?
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2003, 04:43:56 am »
I draw quite a bit, but have no scanner. I would like to say my style is more along the lines of Amano, but sadly it isn't so. I guess I'm more Joe Mad (of X-Men & Battlechasers fame) then anyone...But even that's pushin' it. I've been drawing since as far back as I can remember. I'm fairly good at duplicating styles and anything I see, but my main weakpoint is that I regularly take too long (another Joe-ism?). Normally I do my own characters, but I do a comic character here and there as well.

Lithe

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://yangfeili.deviantart.com/
Do you draw?
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2003, 12:44:31 am »
Ah, I know exactly what you mean about taking too long... takes me forever to get a single drawing done, and even then they're never as good as I want them to be... and yay for Amano  :D .  One of these days I'm really going to sit down and try to incorporate elements from Amano and Ayami Kojima's (Castlevania) styles into my own... I think something really awesome could result from combining the two.

Daniel Krispin

Do you draw?
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2003, 03:40:45 am »
I can draw if I make myself, but I'm not a natural artist and it takes me hours to do anything half decent. I did a drawing of Crono a while back I really like, but I can't post that as it's not on the web anywhere.
Strike that. I just remembered, it is on the web. Here it is:

D_H_Magus

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Do you draw?
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2004, 05:53:34 am »
i sketch/draw/copy things constantly. i can make a perfect duplicate of any picture i look at, although it could take a few hours. and i'm horrible at sketching and drawing. i just can't put a picture that i'm thinking of down on paper.

i'll hook up my scanner tommorow and post a few of my drawings for everyone.

EDIT 2: seems my image host is screwed up, but i haven't figured out the problem yet... if you want to see the pictures i uploaded you can go here