Author Topic: Favorite Party to use? (CC/CT)  (Read 7185 times)

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Party to use? (CC/CT)
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2006, 01:46:00 pm »
CT:  Crono, Glenn, Robo
especially for their triple tech.  It must be noted that there really are no truly sucky characters in CT.

CC:  Serge, Kid/Glenn, Karsh
I'm not sure how Karsh became one of my favorite characters exactly, but he did, so I use him a lot.  I think I should start using Guile more though, too.
I know how fargo became became mine:  I could never abandon kid, do I never got any of the alternates for doing so.
Tis' against my nature to abandon people like that.

Magus Complex

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2006, 02:25:57 pm »
especially for their triple tech.  It must be noted that there really are no truly sucky characters in CT.

I'm not sure how Karsh became one of my favorite characters exactly, but he did, so I use him a lot.  I think I should start using Guile more though, too.
I know how fargo became became mine:  I could never abandon kid, do I never got any of the alternates for doing so.
Wow! So you're missing out on the alternate 1/4 to 1/3 of the game and multiple characters (including Glenn!) because you won't abandon Kid, a fictional character? Now that's what I called principled!

To tell the truth, I had a hard time abandoning Kid on my second play through, but I figure since she turns out okay either way it's not quite as horrible.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Fargo and how much he rocks!  I usually use him at some point in a play through if the opportunity presents itself.  I renamed him Bill because an uncle of mine by that name has almost the exact same hair style and bushy mustache as Fargo.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2006, 02:45:00 pm »

Wow! So you're missing out on the alternate 1/4 to 1/3 of the game and multiple characters (including Glenn!) because you won't abandon Kid, a fictional character? Now that's what I called principled!

To tell the truth, I had a hard time abandoning Kid on my second play through, but I figure since she turns out okay either way it's not quite as horrible.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Fargo and how much he rocks!  I usually use him at some point in a play through if the opportunity presents itself.  I renamed him Bill because an uncle of mine by that name has almost the exact same hair style and bushy mustache as Fargo.
I'm uber loyal?

Mavix

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • I'm the pirate and I make any fool walk the Plank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2006, 02:54:25 pm »
CT- Crono, Magus, Frog/ayla. 

CC- Serge, Draggy, Glenn. (Glenn is very good to use after you get his seconf Einlizer, and Draggy is just cool, good in battle or not)

XcyrusX

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • myspace.com/nathan98023
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2007, 10:31:38 pm »
CT - Crono, Frog, and Magus.

CC - Serge, Guile, and Glenn.

I use them every play through.

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2008, 08:25:45 pm »
CT-Crono, Lucca, Magus/Ayla (depending on whether I need physical or magical power).
When I face the Zeal-Mammon Machine-Zeal sequence, I use Magus-Frog-Ayla because I can use Dino Tail and Frog Squash against the first Zeal.  Against Mammon Machine I alternate b/w Drop Kick and Dark Matter.  Against Zeal2 I alternate b/w Drop Kick and Dark Bomb

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2008, 08:30:41 pm »
In two of my three CC games, it's Serge, Kid, and Guile, in that order. (in the third, for the most part, it was Serge, Leena, and Guile.) When I go into Lynx mode, I have Lynx, Harle, and Sneff. ... I don't know why.

But, for the most part, my final CT party is Magus, Marle, and Frog. If not Frog, then Crono. (I think I got my farthest with Crono in my party...)

Chrono Master

• Guardian (+100)
  • Our will is the key to our dreams.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2008, 09:58:43 pm »
CT:  Crono, Marle, Frog. This team has a killer tripple Tech. and good healing, Marle's haste spell makes the battles go much quicker. If not them then Crono, Magus, and Frog . Or Magus' Tripple Tech. parties.

CC:  Serge, Glenn, and Kid.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2008, 08:02:52 pm »
Chrono Trigger: Crono (for physical attacks), Magus (for magic, because i save all my magic tabs and give them to him to sup' him up), and Robo (for physical attacks and healing).

Chrono Cross: Serge (all around), Kid (i love my pilfer), and tied between Funguy (i dunno why), Glenn (dual einlanzers), or Fargo (double the thievery, double the fun)

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2008, 08:16:14 pm »
CT: Chrono (Luminaire+Gold Stud or Prism Specs= :D), Ayla (Lv. 99 random 9999  :shock:), and Robo to compliment and allow the most powerful technique, in my opinion, Cyclone (9999 to all enemies, not resistant to shadow :D)

CC: Serge+Glenn(with the right equipment, stats, and circumstances, namely field effect, 9999 is in sight 8)) and Kid (for stealing and support, like buffs and the like)

Decadent Sympozium

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Apotheosis of Judgment
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2008, 05:57:55 am »
In Chrono Cross, when possible, Serge, Kid and Grobyc. I never put Kid out of the team, and never completed the game without. All-time-present.  Until I get Grobyc, it's Serge, Kid, and Guile. when Lynx, I usually change teams with individuals, and Dragoons, because they are all powerful, and interesting, but I think I mostly used Karsh, Fargo, and Grobyc. I also sometimes finish the game with Serge, Kid, and Karsh. Out of all characters, Karsh was the one that had a lot going on with you (with Serge, as well with Kid), so when the story finally unrolls, it's very strange when Kid, and Karsh, speak to you.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2008, 07:01:57 pm »
CC:
Serge, Lynx(glide hook), Lynx (swallow)
If not  using gameshark just use Serge, Glenn and Sprigg.
CT:
Magus Robo Crono

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2008, 08:35:59 pm »
CC:  Serge, Glenn, Kid (if possible)  or Serge, Glenn, Riddel

CT:  Crono, Lucca, Marle (most of the time) or Crono, Frog, Ayla.   I tend to swap out CT characters a lot, but these are my two favorite combos.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2008, 08:45:44 pm »
CC: Serge, Glenn, and Skelly

CT: Crono, Marle, Robo
I Love Lifeline

Patchy

• Earthbound (+15)