Author Topic: Salvation rains from the heavens!  (Read 6483 times)

Dissonance

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Salvation rains from the heavens!
« on: December 15, 2005, 01:21:04 am »
So we know that the frozen flame, among other things, can heal a person fully.  It's very powerful and can do a lot of amazing things.  It's also a lavos scale/needle/whatever he's got on his shell that broke off upon atmospheric entry.  So when Lavos attacks Zeal/1999 AD, he's essentially throwing a bunch of Frozen Flames at them.  And since the Frozen Flame is still around and powerful in 1020 AD, it can last a long time - over 65 million years.

So I got to thinking... why aren't the people of 2300 AD USING all of these Frozen Flames lying around of the planet's surface to help themselves?

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 01:29:00 am »
I don't think hes shooting things from his shell at people.  Maybe hes just shooting explosives, or some have said hes shooting of his load.. I mean his spore (..okay, bag joke).

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 02:09:08 am »
It looks more like laser/energy/plasma/magic missle (w/e you wanna call it) beams to me...

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 02:48:52 am »
Yeah, it's like some spell or attack, maybe like the pins on a procupine. But the Frozen Flame is not a part of his shell. All we know is that it is a splinter of Lavos. Heck, it could be his heart that may have been released intentionally or unintentionally. It can't be the shell, it'd probably have to be something under the shell, like an organ or something.

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Oh how I wish to dream again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 10:46:36 am »
Even if it was a part of the shell (although I think it's a machine), it would be hard to approach Lavos and ask him to give you another piece or something. The crash broke parts of the shell, but who else would be able to do that?

Naz

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 05:29:28 pm »
Isn't it possible that Lavos could have intentionally send it down to Earth right before he fell? To sorta act like a camera?

JonnyCyo

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 12:26:40 am »
The camera idea is a theory I never thought of before.
Perhaps that happened.
Either way, the above ground attack was magic and fire, not pieces of lavos. Becuase a heck of a lot most have came out to cover the world. It was pretty much carpet bombing.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2006, 09:44:43 am »
The ground attack was physical, because it is the same attack he uses against Crono & friends, and the damage done by it can be lowered via shield or save helm(reducing physical damage).

JonnyCyo

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 03:34:36 am »
But the attack on the planet had explosions, remember.
Crono and crew didn't explode, and there was no fire.
I agree it was an attack, but a more magical one than physical,
becuase it caused such firey chaos.

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 09:43:03 am »
I beg to differ: Physical objects moving really fast create alot of heat, exactly what would happen to celestial shrapnel entering the atmosphere from Lavos' barage of enigmatic ordinance (I'm feeling lyrical). all the wreckage that is not seen can be attributed to the limitations of the SNES. I think Lavos is more te type to use Shadow/Chaos magic, rather than something that would impel fires to erupt.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 09:54:12 am »
If the attack hits the ground, there is also some kind of explosion:

Hmmm...why is it called "heavens" btw? It is also called "Crying heavens", but why is it plural? A translation error or some kind of hidden message?

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 11:27:54 am »
Concussive force could be indicative of one of four things:
A) Natural chemicals like nitroglycerin contained within te projectiles,
B)Technological  advancement;
C) Magic;
and D) Hyper acceleration of said projectiles, although I think we can rule this one out.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 05:37:57 pm »
Umm, It's rain from the heavens since it mimics him. He fell from the heavens, and the heavens is just a term for space. Except Lavos is almost so God like, that it suits him, as if it is judgement day and he's doing the judging.

Anyway, it can't be a technological advancement or the hyper acceleration of objects OO.

At least it is like lil spikes that are under his shell and are released later, at most it is some type of Tech, and not necessarily magic.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2006, 09:44:12 pm »
Quote from: CyberSarkany
Hmmm...why is it called "heavens" btw? It is also called "Crying heavens", but why is it plural? A translation error or some kind of hidden message?

No, "heavens" can be used to refer to the sky. That's fine. Also, "Crying Heavens" is a seperate move, used only by the core.

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2006, 12:26:42 am »
Quote from: Zaperking
Umm, It's rain from the heavens since it mimics him. He fell from the heavens, and the heavens is just a term for space. Except Lavos is almost so God like, that it suits him, as if it is judgement day and he's doing the judging.

Anyway, it can't be a technological advancement or the hyper acceleration of objects OO.

At least it is like lil spikes that are under his shell and are released later, at most it is some type of Tech, and not necessarily magic.

I agree that it wouldnt be the hyper acceleration of the objects, but what is your rationale as to why it couldnt be a technological,  as opposed to a magical, catalyst for the explosions? For all we know, Lavos came from a large, superadvanced civilisation that overcrowded it's planet and sent sleepers out to populate other planets.