Author Topic: The "Entity" or the "Planet" which one?  (Read 7784 times)

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
The "Entity" or the "Planet" which one?
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2005, 06:29:33 pm »
Meh. I'm just bored, really. I think it's easier, simpler, and more sound to think of the Entity as a symbolic, poetic being.

leamos

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2006, 05:07:04 pm »
....  the entity is the planet... proof;

in cc, the planet calls back the city of the dragons to fight cronopolis, thus, the planet can manipulate time,

in ct, after saving fiona's forest THEY TELL YOU IN PLAIN ENGLISH.... well.... not really... but it is pretty obvious

(note: this next part will be paraphrased, because my memory is garbage, wait never mind, PRAISE THE INTERNET IN ALL ITS GLORY!!!!)

Robo: After 400 years of
   experience, I have come to think that
   Lavos may not be responsible for the
   Gates.  <a cunning atteempt by the game designers to tell you it wasn't lavos, and one should assume the didn't do this cause it was funny, besides, why would lavos kill itself?>

Marle: What do you mean?

Robo: I have come to think that
   someone, or something wanted us to
   see all this.
<hmm.... who would want someone to see a whole lot of lavos?>

The different events over time, that
   we have witnessed.
   It is almost as if some entity wanted
   to relive its past.  <relive ITS past!!!!!>

Ayla: Ayla know!
   When people die, elders say, see
   whole life pass by!
<WHEN ______ DIE!!!!! WHATS DYING AT LAVOS' HAND!!!!!>

Frog: 'Tis true that mortals do
   relive their most profound memories
   before death claimeth them.
<MOST PROFOUND MEMORIES!!! hows this for profoundm your killer just crashed into you at thousands of miles an hour, tearing a huge hole in your side, sounds profound to me, or maybe the a'tard rears his ugly head to blast a floating city, or how about soem idiot mage summons him to te surface? or the end, moments(in planet time of courst) before the point of death?>

Yet those memories most often are
   sad ones.
<I think the critical moments of my death are pretty sad>

Robo: Thinking things like, «If only
   I had done this,» or, «I shouldn't
   have done that...» triggers
   unpleasant, old memories.
<all portals lead to a place where something can be done to lavos, or at elast where he can be seen, the only one out of whack is the 1000 ad, but then the planet needed to get heros from somewhere, right? what better place then somewhere where 3 magic capable, noble, humans are going to be together?>

Marle: Will that happen when our
   time comes?

Lucca: Probably...who knows?

/edit removed taling about Lucca, because it is irrelavant to the "entity" discussion, although if you belive it to conceil some contrary evidence feel free to look it up (it should be right at the top of the page)

Frog: Lavos playeth an integral
   role in the fortunes of this Entity...
<hmm.. integral... casue ouf death maybe?>

Magus: ...so who is this Entity?

Robo: It is unknown, whose
   memories these are. It may be
   something beyond our
   comprehension.

Our journey may come to an end
   when we finally discover the identity
   of the Entity.
   ... ...shall we turn in for the night?

in closing, i'd like to state that this "entity" actualy being the planit fits right in with the "Gaia" theme prevalent in many square games, such as FF.

also.. i'd like to apologize for yelling, i just played past that part <for the dozenth time(or it feels like it anyway) and i remembered reading some people yacking about the "entity" a few days ago> and it struck me like a ton of bricks, like... really... anyway, i guess you are entitled to your opinion, and such, but if you wish to refute this, please provide quotes from in game that support you, becasue the only thing that is truly "canon"<sp?> is something made by the game designers, and if you try and fight the guys who created the whole concept, then i hate you, and hope you die, and that many terrible things happen to you, becasue nothing pisses me off then when some one tries to "read in" something that the author would probably punch you in the face for thinking.... anyway... if you have an inteligent, supported, non idiotic reply with cites, then email it to me at "leamos@gmail.com" once again, sorry about yelling

and, as an argument to anyone who says "well... why did lucca get sent back in time ten years?"  honestly, i think if some swell girl were risking her life to save me, i might just do her a little favor, and help her save her mother, especially since she just regrew one of my forests (planets LOVE forest, allthough we all should)

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2006, 07:39:21 pm »
The evidence here is all completely circumstancial. There really is no proof among all these quotes that the planet is, in fact, the entity.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2006, 07:57:43 pm »
Quote from: Tonjevic
The evidence here is all completely circumstancial. There really is no proof among all these quotes that the planet is, in fact, the entity.

Quote from: Chrono Cross manual
The dream our planet once had
Defeated the darkness and brought forth a brighter future.

However, this was also the dawn of a new nightmare...

The final battle over the legendary treasure, ”The Frozen Flame”
A battle between dragons, humans, and FATE
That will surpass even space and time is about to begin...

Our planet's dream has not yet ended...

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2006, 01:19:02 am »
Quote from: Chrono'99
Quote from: Tonjevic

Quote from: Chrono Cross manual
The dream our planet once had
Defeated the darkness and brought forth a brighter future.

However, this was also the dawn of a new nightmare...

The final battle over the legendary treasure, ”The Frozen Flame”
A battle between dragons, humans, and FATE
That will surpass even space and time is about to begin...

Our planet's dream has not yet ended...

That may be the case. But there may be two sides to the planet. The entity can't be transdimensional, otherwise Dinopolis would have helped originally. The planet doesn't have enough power to defeat Lavos on itself or anything. By dream, it could also represent will, like it willed to have someone save the future. But the fact is that what the Dragons say means that the planet still doesn't like the humans.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2006, 02:15:35 am »
That may be the case. But there may be two sides to the planet. The entity can't be transdimensional, otherwise Dinopolis would have helped originally. The planet doesn't have enough power to defeat Lavos on itself or anything. By dream, it could also represent will, like it willed to have someone save the future. But the fact is that what the Dragons say means that the planet still doesn't like the humans.

1) No, Dinopolis only crossed over as an equal and opposite effect to Chronopolis. Lavos' landing was reflected equally and oppositely by creating a timeline where he never landed.
2) The Planet didn't have power because Lavos was stealing it.
3)The Dragon Gods were part of Lavos at that time, and they were also clearly self-absorbed into their own agendas regardless of what the Planet wanted. They're not credible sources of the Earth's will at that point, and are akin to false prophets claiming to speak on God's behalf.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2006, 03:11:22 am »
But, The Dragon God is the incarnation of the planet. It can't be a false prophet if it is a part of Lavos. A being that is connected to Lavos wouldn't speak badly of it in that case.

But only the Dragon's physical body was taken, they still have their conscious, their will, their power. They hate Lavos, and hence, the prodigy. The planet is really fu*ked up.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2006, 02:14:28 pm »
But, The Dragon God is the incarnation of the planet.

No, it's a biocybernetic plasmic organism created by the Dragonians to control the elements. Totally different.

It can't be a false prophet if it is a part of Lavos.

Says who? I think that actually promotes the idea.

A being that is connected to Lavos wouldn't speak badly of it in that case.

What about Schala? Plus, the Dragon Gods have their own agendas, and probably aren't aware that they're connected to Lavos.

But only the Dragon's physical body was taken, they still have their conscious, their will, their power. They hate Lavos, and hence, the prodigy. The planet is really fu*ked up.

The "progeny." Either way you look at it, the Dragon Gods clearly don't speak on behalf of the planet, which is quoted as "crying" because it just wants people to get along. The Dragon God is really messed up, since being fused with Lavos probably tainted their minds just like it did to Schala.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2006, 07:24:34 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
But, The Dragon God is the incarnation of the planet.

No, it's a biocybernetic plasmic organism created by the Dragonians to control the elements. Totally different.

It can't be a false prophet if it is a part of Lavos.

Says who? I think that actually promotes the idea.

A being that is connected to Lavos wouldn't speak badly of it in that case.

What about Schala? Plus, the Dragon Gods have their own agendas, and probably aren't aware that they're connected to Lavos.

The "progeny." Either way you look at it, the Dragon Gods clearly don't speak on behalf of the planet, which is quoted as "crying" because it just wants people to get along. The Dragon God is really messed up, since being fused with Lavos probably tainted their minds just like it did to Schala.

I thought the Dragon God was the organic biological plasma form of all the elements combined, and used as a machine to control them. Hence, a being of all the planets energy.

As for Lavos, who knows if he's doing it to them, or they're all being sad and passing it to each other. Just like with Kid and her total desire to destroy everything, yet shes not connected to Schala.. Unless Kid is only an astral projection.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2006, 02:34:04 pm »
I thought the Dragon God was the organic biological plasma form of all the elements combined, and used as a machine to control them. Hence, a being of all the planets energy.

Same thing.

As for Lavos, who knows if he's doing it to them, or they're all being sad and passing it to each other. Just like with Kid and her total desire to destroy everything, yet shes not connected to Schala.. Unless Kid is only an astral projection.

Some people will argue with you that both Harle and Kid are Astral Projections of Schala.