Author Topic: CT Last Names  (Read 17976 times)

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Re: CT Last Names
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2006, 09:09:27 pm »
You seem to be an expert on a lot of things: Art, storytelling, movies, etc.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2006, 03:41:17 am »
You seem to be an expert on a lot of things: Art, storytelling, movies, etc.
seriously, think about for a second: would anybody who wasn't nerd enough to do more then watch the movies have honestly picked up on that?
Probably not. that's a helluv a long way from what lucas wanted.

A retcon is something you pick up reading comics, or hanging in 4chan enough: its an act after the fact to change something. Lucas probably figured no one was gonna even pick up an ani, and threw that out there. It doesn't matter if it's the original script or not: Lucas f'ed up, and he wanted to correct it. RETCON!

as for what you said about me knowing alot: I'm well verse in alot of things cause I have no life. Although, sadly, it took me forever to pick up on the Kid serge wedding protrait cause I was bought in by Schala at the end.

I just apply common sense before getting into techinical arguments: which, if we were gonna argue, Chrono'99 would still be wrong: there's not proof to stay ani being born as fact, and the best lucas ever did was go "maybe." in the offical storyline.

GreenGannon

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2006, 04:36:03 am »
seriously, think about for a second: would anybody who wasn't nerd enough to do more then watch the movies have honestly picked up on that?

I didn't do more than watch the movies. I picked up on it.

A retcon is something you pick up reading comics, or hanging in 4chan enough: its an act after the fact to change something. Lucas probably figured no one was gonna even pick up an ani, and threw that out there. It doesn't matter if it's the original script or not: Lucas f'ed up, and he wanted to correct it. RETCON!

A retcon is when somebody goes back and changes events that have already occured. Since this doesn't actually contradict anything, it's not really much of a retcon. That's like saying Schala merging with Lavos in CC is a retcon. It's a pretty shitty argument since you could essentially claim it against any new information that comes up after the fact.

as for what you said about me knowing alot: I'm well verse in alot of things cause I have no life. Although, sadly, it took me forever to pick up on the Kid serge wedding protrait cause I was bought in by Schala at the end.

Well I was being sarcastic.

I just apply common sense before getting into techinical arguments: which, if we were gonna argue, Chrono'99 would still be wrong: there's not proof to stay ani being born as fact, and the best lucas ever did was go "maybe." in the offical storyline.

Which would also make your argument wrong, considering your initial claim was that his theory was "completely wrong".

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2006, 04:58:31 am »

I didn't do more than watch the movies. I picked up on it.

A retcon is when somebody goes back and changes events that have already occured. Since this doesn't actually contradict anything, it's not really much of a retcon. That's like saying Schala merging with Lavos in CC is a retcon. It's a pretty shitty argument since you could essentially claim it against any new information that comes up after the fact.

Well I was being sarcastic.

Which would also make your argument wrong, considering your initial claim was that his theory was "completely wrong".
actually, schala being found after CT in CC is a recton. I damn good one, like superman's rebirth. if you wanna see retcon off the scale, though, read infinite crisis. Superman literaly PUNCHES REALITY.  I am not making this crap up. He punched THROUGH Reality. which caused a shitload of retcons.  not withstanding: flash isn't dead, cause I remember his ass dying during it. infact: flash almost never makes it through most of his comics. I'm talking about wally west. yet he's the current flash, with kid flash right behind him for another flash retcon.

and your right: it wouldn't make me right. we'd stalemate. Since it was only a thought, and never fully explored or explain, the story, or correctly added to the plot, its nothing more then a lucas retcon

Like Tag and blink: Tag was literally a retcon for boba falling down the giant worm in return of the jedi: he was later pulled from the worm, and was capture by a bounty hunter who was after fett for a one night stand

Amazingly, this is ALL canon. So boba= alive and well at the end of the series. amazing! star wars: masters of writing.

oh, and if you wanna see tag and blink in return of the jedi: look at the two red guards guarding palpatine in return of the jedi: thats tag an blink just before they died cause they didn't realize there was no elevator behind the one luke used.

remember kids: actual canon for story.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 06:02:09 am by grey_the_angel »

Lord Homonculous

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2006, 10:07:43 pm »
So. How about that Chrono Trigger? That's some good storytelling there. No midi-whatsisians there, and no stupid new trilogy dialogue either. Hey, anybody know what Crono's last name is? I know that's an off-topic question to be asking in the Star Wars Midi-Chlorians Darth Plagueis Gripe Forum, but hey, I just gotta know if anybody out there has some clue.

kickacecrono0091

« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2006, 11:13:50 pm »
I think Glenn/Frog would be Glenn, Son of ??? because back in Medieval times that's what they did. I think.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2006, 04:35:42 am »
This reminds me, What's the last name of the Gurus?

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2006, 08:50:54 am »
They don't have them.

Probaby Melchior,Gaspar,Belthasar of Zeal.
Somehow, personally, I think Melchior and Belthasar are related to the Zealian Royal Family.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2006, 12:33:57 pm »
Despite any evidence to the contrary. :P

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2006, 12:26:42 am »

Nah, it's just that Belthasar and Melchior seem like the grandfather types to Schala and Janus, or maybe Godfathers. I mean, come on. Melchior jumped infront of Janus, trying to save him from being sucked into the dimensional gate, and Belthasar, even in the bleek future, kept himself alive by the thoughts of Zeal and Schala. Heck, in the new future, he went about saving Schala!

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2006, 12:30:50 am »

Nah, it's just that Belthasar and Melchior seem like the grandfather types to Schala and Janus, or maybe Godfathers. I mean, come on. Melchior jumped infront of Janus, trying to save him from being sucked into the dimensional gate, and Belthasar, even in the bleek future, kept himself alive by the thoughts of Zeal and Schala. Heck, in the new future, he went about saving Schala!
well, I wouldn't call sending lynx to burn down the orphanage and killing lucca helping >.> I think Serge did all of that: I think belthar just kinda set it all up so everybody could be happy... except kid, lucca, and co.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2006, 06:44:01 am »
You don't need to be someone's grandfather to help this someone.

(wow that sounds like something Zidane Tribal would say)

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2006, 01:48:28 pm »

Because it's not like the Gurus aren't duty-bound to protect the royal family they serve or, y'know, are good people who would save someone in need. LIEK DUUUR!!!! The circle block goes in the circle hole! :3

GreenGannon

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 26, 2006, 10:57:12 pm »
But if it's of a significantly smaller size, it can pass through the rectangular hole.

chronatus

• Iokan (+1)
  • Time Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2006, 04:11:02 pm »
Is there anything anywhere that says anything about Crono's father???