Author Topic: CT Last Names  (Read 17995 times)

Namara

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
CT Last Names
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2006, 08:47:25 pm »
The gifts were gold, frankinsense, and mir.  The names of the wise men weren't mentioned in the Bible, and they were probably just names written down at a later time.  They're still names associated with the wise men, so they were used.  I was a part of a discussion about names on another forum.  I'll have to dig up the link for you guys.

Edit: Nevermind, the thread was deleted when the forum was reformated.

Darth Mongoose

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://darthmongoose.hyper-comix.com/home.html
CT Last Names
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2006, 07:20:35 am »
Yeah, Crono's mum is actually called 'Gina'. I was really surprised the first time I played the game in Japanese because I was expecting 'Crono no okaasan' or something and it was suddenly like; "Whoa! She has a NAME!?"

Sadly the Japanese version sheds no light on Crono or Glenn's surnames, I guess because they're not important...Unless 'Glenn' is Glenn's second name, which isn't impossible, since they call him 'Sir Glenn' and often young men of educated or noble backgrounds in the past (or even today in England in some places) call each other by their surname (lots of my Brother's friends call him 'Holden' rather than 'Joe'.) ...Of course, if Glenn's second name is 'Glenn'...what would his first name be!?

Ayla is unlikely to have a second name, since the system of having them only began to emerge, in most civilisations, with the invention of census. The population Ayla's race is simply too small for there to be a need for second names. We can probably assume, there is no writing yet in Ayla's time, so no means to record data, and thus there will be no census taken of the population or anything like that. It is likely that Ayla was given the title 'chief' as leader of the tribe, as acknowledgement as her place as leader. I don't think she chose the title herself.

Crono's second name remains a mystery though.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
CT Last Names
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2006, 07:25:25 am »
I still think that Lucca actually earned the Ashtear surname for some reason some time before CC, and that she really didn't have one in CT.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
CT Last Names
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2006, 09:08:20 am »
Quote from: Chrono'99
I still think that Lucca actually earned the Ashtear surname for some reason some time before CC, and that she really didn't have one in CT.

I'm pretty sure she had it before RD came around.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
CT Last Names
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2006, 09:45:59 am »
Quote from: Zaperking
Quote from: Chrono'99

I'm pretty sure she had it before RD came around.

Nope, the first time her surname appeared was in CC.

febulamc

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Safe to say
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2006, 04:07:47 pm »
It would be safe to say the Crono's last name is "Trigger"

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Oh how I wish to dream again...
    • View Profile
Re: Safe to say
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2006, 04:33:29 pm »
Quote from: febulamc
It would be safe to say the Crono's last name is "Trigger"

Um... What? :lol:

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
CT Last Names
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2006, 05:04:18 pm »
Quote from: Darth Mongoose

Sadly the Japanese version sheds no light on Crono or Glenn's surnames, I guess because they're not important...Unless 'Glenn' is Glenn's second name, which isn't impossible, since they call him 'Sir Glenn' and often young men of educated or noble backgrounds in the past (or even today in England in some places) call each other by their surname (lots of my Brother's friends call him 'Holden' rather than 'Joe'.) ...Of course, if Glenn's second name is 'Glenn'...what would his first name be!?

I'd have to disagree here.  Your point about Sir Lastname is valid.  However, keep in mind a few things.

1) Cyrus, as a teen, referred to his younger brother as Glenn.  Referring to your younger brother by their last name, especially at that age, is doubtful.

2) NPCs refer to Cyrus as "Sir Cyrus".  If they went by last name, they would, too, have called him "Sir Glenn".

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
CT Last Names
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2006, 05:45:53 pm »
Quote from: DeweyisOverrated
Quote from: Darth Mongoose

I'd have to disagree here.  Your point about Sir Lastname is valid.  However, keep in mind a few things.

1) Cyrus, as a teen, referred to his younger brother as Glenn.  Referring to your younger brother by their last name, especially at that age, is doubtful.

2) NPCs refer to Cyrus as "Sir Cyrus".  If they went by last name, they would, too, have called him "Sir Glenn".

o_O Glenn isn't Cyrus' brother...

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
CT Last Names
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2006, 06:33:22 pm »
jus wat i was about to say

how?

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
CT Last Names
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2006, 07:10:57 pm »
From all the information we know... at most they are childhood friends.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
CT Last Names
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2006, 07:18:52 pm »
agreed

and i believe at the flashback scene in CT

"Glenn, your a marshmellow"

i don't know about you guys, but if my little brother was being bullyed like that . . . i would've raised holy hell

in a nice way :D

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
CT Last Names
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2006, 07:30:36 pm »
Cyrus also calls Glenn "my friend". You don't call your brother "my friend"...

Durakken

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
CT Last Names
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2006, 08:28:43 pm »
if you look at how surnames and such came into being more than likely their names would be...

Crono of Truce (later King Crono Gaurdia)
Princess/Queen Nadia "Marle" Gaurdia
Sir Glenn Masamune Frog of Gaurdia
R-66Y: Prometheus "Robo"
Lucca Ashtear (her familly has obviously been blacksmiths for a while)
Magus Prince Royal Janus Zeal
Chief Ayla of Ioka (later became Chief Ayla Gaurdian, coming from her gaurding)
Princess Schala "Kid" Zeal (we know this because of her CC letter)

Most all surnames come from what you do or where you come from and can always be changed. It's only after joining a family with an established name or after your familly has been doing something for a long time that it becomes associated with it.

Crono may have been given a name to do with hero of time like Crono Templar, but even that he would have been named later Crono Templar Gaurdia later on.

Glenn is a hard case because he, from what we know, comes from a city/state in Northern Zenan and never was officially a knight, but prolly was a squire to someone, maybe Cyrus. So he may have been called Squire Glenn of ???. Since he was never knighted he would not have been called Sir Glenn. Later though he was thrown off a waterfall and transformed, both of which ended in him being a bit off most likely. He then takes up residence in Southern Zenan in the cursed woods. Which then would have changed his name to Frog of the Cursed Woods. Since he then became associated with the Masamune and used it a lot he most likely became known as Frog Masamune of the Cursed Woods. And then we can assume that when he retook human form he went back to using Glenn as his name, but Frog stuck with him and because he most likely started taking up residence in Gaurdia castle again he might have come to be called Glenn Masamune Frog of Gaurdia (with Frog and Masamune possably switching back and forth) Later he was then knghted and so got the title of Sir

As far as Magus goes... Magus is a title which comes before political class and is gained only by earning it. "Prince Royal" is the title given to the first born prince/princess that is first in line to succeed the throne. In most cultures Males take precedence and so I'd assume Janus gets the title. So that means his name is Magus Prince Royal Janus Zeal. We can also add in his CC name and then it become Magus Prince Royal Janus "Magil" Zeal

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
CT Last Names
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2006, 11:06:25 am »
Quote from: Durakken

Crono of Truce (later King Crono Gaurdia)
Princess/Queen Nadia "Marle" Gaurdia
Sir Glenn Masamune Frog of Gaurdia
R-66Y: Prometheus "Robo"
Lucca Ashtear (her familly has obviously been blacksmiths for a while)
Magus Prince Royal Janus Zeal
Chief Ayla of Ioka (later became Chief Ayla Gaurdian, coming from her gaurding)
Princess Schala "Kid" Zeal (we know this because of her CC letter)

Princess Schala's middle name is NOT Kid. The letter made the reader aware that they were the same person only. What is your proof aside from the CC letter at the end?

Since he then became associated with the Masamune and used it a lot he most likely became known as Frog Masamune of the Cursed Woods.

You're saying that Frog went back to Dendaro Mountains, reconstructed the sword, used it, and broke t again? Frog never used the Masamune after Cyrus was killed. The fact that he had the broken hilt suggests that he went back up there to take 1 part of the sword, hide the other in the cave, so that the sword could never be constructed again if evil were to get its hands on it.

So that means his name is Magus Prince Royal Janus Zeal. We can also add in his CC name and then it become Magus Prince Royal Janus "Magil" Zeal

The only time Magil appeared in CC was in the RD text in Chronopolis. In this world and NOT in the RD dimension. Magil as no association to anything except for the RD world. Where did you come up with the Magil palcement in the surname?