Author Topic: CT Last Names  (Read 17910 times)

Salvadeiro

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
CT Last Names
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2005, 11:29:17 pm »
its le and la in french, el and la in spanish, il and la in italian, and o (not OH but OO) and a in Portuguese.

Lin_Zhen_Quan

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.happydragon.tk
CT Last Names
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2006, 02:34:39 am »
the game isnt french, i think we should stay on topic.

Different Nations say it differently.

LIke in china its the emperor, or Emporer Tang the family name. While in england its Queen Elizabeth which is her first name well atleast i think it is.

So its a bit hard to tell, though because the game is japanese and the japanese originally came from china , their army from heaven was infact Qing Shu Huangs navy who ran away from him because Qing Shu Huang was kinda like queen zeal and wanted immortality, wanting the elixer of life.

So Zeal is probably the last name.,

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
CT Last Names
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2006, 09:19:38 am »
There is something called topic evolution. Anyway, it is a title.
We dont say Queen Windsor (the Queen's last name). But we do say the Queen of England. It is most likely a title.
Zeal was probably created quite a while before the queen came around, Judging by all te libraries and research that had been compiled.
Most empires arent named after thier leaders. The closest thing we have to that is Alexander the great naming various cities and camps after himself, calling them Alexandria or Alexandretta.
We dont, however, call his empire Alexandria, we do call it the Alexandrian empire, but that is because he himself was the driving force behind the conquering of all the lands. Rome had the roman empire, but if Julius had conquered it all, it would have been the Julian empire.
Queen Zeal is just a title, nothing more, nothing less.

EDIT: Drawing the parrallel that it must be the last name because the emperor was refered to with his last name and that CT was made in japan and that japan was once part of china is just silly. The queen in english is refered to by first name becasue it is a status symbol (THE king Edward); the royal family wanted to be differentiated from the masses who were identified primarily by last name (Mr Biggs, Ms Firth.). you really are being a bit silly here.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
CT Last Names
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2006, 08:51:14 pm »
Magus is the old Persian word of high priest of the Zoroastrian religion which is based upon the battle of Light and Darkness... The words mage, magic, etc. are based off of it.  Literally it means, "The powerful"  It would be best translated here as: High Mage, or Arch Mage.  That fits Magus as he is portrayed as the incredibly powerful mage.  
In fact the name Cyrus was probably used because of the fact the Persian real Cyrus fought against the Median tribes who started the Order of the Magus.  Cyrus was also the Great Hero of Persia.
The names of the gurus are simply variations of the names of the Magi (plural of Magus) who saw the coming of Jesus.  The gurus in CT also know of the powers of Schala and Janus.

Salvadeiro

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
CT Last Names
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2006, 10:29:17 pm »
Quote from: Tonjevic
There is something called topic evolution. Anyway, it is a title.
We dont say Queen Windsor (the Queen's last name). But we do say the Queen of England. It is most likely a title.
Zeal was probably created quite a while before the queen came around, Judging by all te libraries and research that had been compiled.
Most empires arent named after thier leaders. The closest thing we have to that is Alexander the great naming various cities and camps after himself, calling them Alexandria or Alexandretta.
We dont, however, call his empire Alexandria, we do call it the Alexandrian empire, but that is because he himself was the driving force behind the conquering of all the lands. Rome had the roman empire, but if Julius had conquered it all, it would have been the Julian empire.
Queen Zeal is just a title, nothing more, nothing less.

EDIT: Drawing the parrallel that it must be the last name because the emperor was refered to with his last name and that CT was made in japan and that japan was once part of china is just silly. The queen in english is refered to by first name becasue it is a status symbol (THE king Edward); the royal family wanted to be differentiated from the masses who were identified primarily by last name (Mr Biggs, Ms Firth.). you really are being a bit silly here.

Because nations are always refered to as they are female.  Well in English anyway.  In romance languages, Portugal is a "male" country, but France, is a "female" country.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
CT Last Names
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2006, 09:32:34 am »
The gurus' names aren't from the Bible, because in the Bible the guys who find Jesus have no name, nor does it say that there were exactly 3. The names were just used later on(i think in the Middle ages, but I'm not sure).

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
CT Last Names
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2006, 10:10:51 am »
Quote from: CyberSarkany
The gurus' names aren't from the Bible, because in the Bible the guys who find Jesus have no name, nor does it say that there were exactly 3. The names were just used later on(i think in the Middle ages, but I'm not sure).

In the Japanese version, they aren't related to the bible. Though, there were 3 wise men that came to Jesus and gave him gifts of mir, and the other 2 things i forgot.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
CT Last Names
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2006, 10:31:30 am »
I don't have the english Bible, and quoting the german one doesn't make much sense, but i'm very sure the number of these "wiseguys"(donno how they are called) wasn't mentioned. Maybe one of you can quote the passage or something...

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
CT Last Names
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2006, 12:06:48 pm »
Well they are known as the Wisemen of the East.. most scholars believe they were Zoroastrian magi astronomers.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
CT Last Names
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2006, 05:50:15 pm »
Yes, there were three, by those names. In the English bible, at least.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
CT Last Names
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2006, 06:07:32 pm »
Not that I know the New Testament (Me being Jewish) but I've been here enough to know there are three wisemen by the name of the Gurus who gave gifts to Jesus, thus putting Crono in a Jesus-like Status. Each Guru gave him  a present: Melchior gave him the Masamune (Twice, mind you, but I still count that as one gift), Belthasar gave him the Wings of Time and Gaspar gave him the Time Egg.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
CT Last Names
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2006, 06:54:39 pm »
Wikipedia says that nowhere in the Bible are the names and numbers of Magis mentioned. While they are considered 3 because 3 gifts are mentioned, we don't know if they were more gifts and/or more Magis. As for their traditional names, they depend on the country. In the West, they're Casper, Melchior and Balthazar, but in East Africa they are Karsudan, Hor and Basataner. In Syria they're Larvandad, Hormisdas and Gushnasaph...

Salvadeiro

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
CT Last Names
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2006, 09:32:27 pm »
What were the three traditional gifts anyway?  Wasn't it Myrrh, Frankincense(right?) and something gold?

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
CT Last Names
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2006, 07:08:04 pm »
Indeed.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
CT Last Names
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2006, 09:20:15 pm »
The fact is this is english... not Syrian or African... therefore he would choose the English names (variants)