Author Topic: Alternative Theory on the Plot of CC in relation to CT  (Read 15969 times)

Elvis_Maximus

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Alternative Theory on the Plot of CC in relation to CT
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2005, 12:44:56 am »
Quote from: Sentenal
Well, its stated serveral times in CC that Guardia is still around.  There is the "General Kid" ending, and another mention as well, somewhere.  But its fact that Porre defeated Guardia.  But in some way or another, Guardia is still somewhat soverign.

Ohhh... I see, thanks for clearing that up then.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2005, 06:41:57 am »
Here's what "General Kid says":
General Kid:
   After we defeat the
   Kingdom of Guardia,
   it's time to put these
   Porre blokes in their
   place!

Porre is a militaristic nation, but apparently Guardia isn't necessary the "good guy" either.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2005, 07:10:44 am »
You know, we don't even know if in the original timeline, Porre took over. There being an Arris dome run by the descendants of Marle doesn't really prove anything.

Also, Crono and co are mortals. There are reasons why they could defeat Lavos, most obviously because the entity chose them or whatever, and as Gasapr said, they were empowered from their experiences. In theory, if someone like Tata joined them, then he could kill Lavos too. Now you're thinking "WTF". Obviously there is a reason why they won. I doubt Crono could withstand a gunshot wound. His skin isn't steel, and if they truely were invincible, Lucca would not have been kidnapped, surprised nor resisted. If her power was that great, she'd have killed them inside Chronopolis or at her house.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2005, 07:56:37 am »
His skin when he defeats Lavos isn't steel, it's just protected by one of the most resistant armor that he could find in the whole world and in all time.

knuck

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2005, 12:00:58 pm »
Quote from: Chrono'99
Quote from: Zaperking
It's essentially the element, but it's not fire-elemental magic which summons flames out of no where. It's just like the ice spell and lightning spells that come out of nowhere.

You're contradicting yourself and the game. Magic is the manipulation of the components of the universe right? Then since fire is one of those elements, producing fire with a safety match is as fire-elemental as casting a fire spell. The only difference is that casting a spell requires a particular skill, but the result is the same (obviously more powerful).
By that logic, swinging a sword is wind element magic, (or whatever it's called in the CT series) since it makes a small portion of air "move" from it's original place. By that logic, Spincut would be shadow element, because when Crono uses it, we can see some shadows behind him.
Yeah that makes sense.

Elvis_Maximus

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2005, 01:56:53 pm »
You know, we don't even know if in the original timeline, Porre took over. There being an Arris dome run by the descendants of Marle doesn't really prove anything.

Also, Crono and co are mortals. There are reasons why they could defeat Lavos, most obviously because the entity chose them or whatever, and as Gasapr said, they were empowered from their experiences. In theory, if someone like Tata joined them, then he could kill Lavos too. Now you're thinking "WTF". Obviously there is a reason why they won. I doubt Crono could withstand a gunshot wound. His skin isn't steel, and if they truely were invincible, Lucca would not have been kidnapped, surprised nor resisted. If her power was that great, she'd have killed them inside Chronopolis or at her house.

'scuse me, but I never said they were invincible. In fact, I remember saying that overwhelming numbers would definitly defeat them. Don't be putting words into my mouth :P

Theicedragon

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2005, 02:28:58 pm »
If I remember correctly, when I first played CT, I died quite a few times fighting bosses and even some weak enemies that surprised me.  The thing to realize is that anyone can be overcome if you surprised them.  Now everyone seem to overlook something that is very important to the whole "Crono wouldn't loose to an army of 30 or 300 or whatever" but why can't that army have a couple of bosses or main generals that they would have had trouble dispatching.  Obviously Crono and co.  could have run into some badass general that couldv'e given them problems.  Just a theory, thats all.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2005, 04:05:00 pm »
Quote from: Elvis_Maximus

'scuse me, but I never said they were invincible. In fact, I remember saying that overwhelming numbers would definitly defeat them. Don't be putting words into my mouth :P

'scuse me, Don't be selfish. It wasn't only directed at you, nor were "words put into your mouth".

By the way, do you really expect Crono and Marle and Lucca to always wear the armour or carry their weapons? No... Crono and Marle would have most likely died if Porre had like people inside Guardia, and then like at a signal, they all charged and slaughtered everyone, including the guy with the Masamune Oo

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2005, 05:21:54 pm »
Quote from: knuck
Quote from: Chrono'99
It's essentially the element, but it's not fire-elemental magic which summons flames out of no where. It's just like the ice spell and lightning spells that come out of nowhere.

You're contradicting yourself and the game. Magic is the manipulation of the components of the universe right? Then since fire is one of those elements, producing fire with a safety match is as fire-elemental as casting a fire spell. The only difference is that casting a spell requires a particular skill, but the result is the same (obviously more powerful).
By that logic, swinging a sword is wind element magic, (or whatever it's called in the CT series) since it makes a small portion of air "move" from it's original place. By that logic, Spincut would be shadow element, because when Crono uses it, we can see some shadows behind him.
Yeah that makes sense.

Mmh? Wind is not a CT element to begin with.

Spincut isn't Shadow-elemental because the person's shadow isn't used to hurt. In the case of Magus' Dark Matter on the other hand, the "dark matter" is what is used to attack. That's the same difference as the difference between a safety match and a spell. Everybody has a shadow hanging behind or under them, but only wizards can actually materialize dark matter or rip space with a big badass black hole...

Elvis_Maximus

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2005, 05:28:42 pm »
'scuse me, Don't be selfish. It wasn't only directed at you, nor were "words put into your mouth".

First off, no need to get personal here, I was only joking (as indicated by the :P, it was supposed to give a more joking feel... obviously I shouldn't do that again). I guess I misinterpreted your statement, and I apologize in that case.

By the way, do you really expect Crono and Marle and Lucca to always wear the armour or carry their weapons? No... Crono and Marle would have most likely died if Porre had like people inside Guardia, and then like at a signal, they all charged and slaughtered everyone, including the guy with the Masamune Oo

Secondly, no, I don't expect them to always carry armor and weapons, however I expect them to notice an army large enough to take down the most established power at that time. You couldn't possibly hide a force that large, unless you want to go with some magic to hide them, or perhaps some sort of strange time warp. Armies aren't exactly stealthy.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2005, 05:35:00 pm »

Your right.  Porre didn't in the original timeline.  Porre's rise was the result of something from change in time.

Well, thats one of the reasons I believe Lucca was kidnapped.  But you can believe what you want about Crono or Marle dieing.  There is no evidence either way.  I don't buy it, but your free to.

Yeah that makes sense.

Firstly, its 'Heaven', or 'Lightning', not wind.  Secondly, lets look at slash.  Its not a sonic boom.  Doesn't move near fast enough, nor would it do any damage.  Its a "chi" based attack, with elements of lightning.  It does lightning damage.  Thats a fact.

GrayLensman

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2005, 05:48:04 pm »
Has everyone seen this?

In 65 million BC, Lavos impacted the surface of the earth at meteoric speed, creating a fireball that covered most of the continent and caused a global climactic change that lasted for millions of years. This explosion is similar to the K-T Meteor impact, which is estimated to have released energy equivalent to 100 trillion Tons of TNT.

The K-T impact vaporized, melted, or ejected over 200 thousand cubic kilometers of the earth's crust, producing a crater 180 kilometers wide and several kilometers deep. The object penetrated 15 kilometers into the earth before being almost completely vaporized.

For comparison, the most powerful hydrogen bomb ever produced had a yield of 50 million Tons of TNT, and the total world nuclear arsenal has a combined yield of approximately 5 billion Tons of TNT. The explosion of Krakatoa, the most violent volcanic eruption in recorded history, released energy equivalent to 200 million Tons of TNT.

These are the facts

1.) Lavos withstood an impact equivalent to 100 trillion Tons of TNT without harm, but Crono was able to hurt it with his sword and magic.

2.) Lavos ruined the surface of the earth in seconds (releasing even more energy than its impact), but Crono could survive its most powerful attacks in a fight to the death.

I'm not suggesting that the time travelers are invincible, but they are extremely powerful.  For any being who withstand 100 trillion Tons of TNT, thermonuclear bombs, let alone bullets, would feel like so many snowflakes.

Conventional armaments would not be a threat to Crono or the others.  It doesn't matter how many soldiers, artillery, or stealth bombers Porre has, Crono can reduce them all to smoldering craters.

Now, there are plenty of creatures shown in Chrono Trigger which would be dangerous for the time travelers.  Elements might also give Porre an advantage, but there is no way to guage the effectiveness of Elements.  Supposedly, Lynx somehow captured Lucca, so the time travelers are not unbeatable.  I simply do not see how Crono could be harmed by a regular soldier with a gun.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2005, 06:24:30 pm »
Either way, this thread isn't about whether Crono died or not, my point is that there had to be a dimensional split at the point where you make a choice to either ram Lavos with the Epoch or fight the Outer Shell.

Uh...no?

Theicedragon

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2005, 06:31:41 pm »
Quote from: GrayLensman

Conventional armaments would not be a threat to Crono or the others.  It doesn't matter how many soldiers, artillery, or stealth bombers Porre has, Crono can reduce them all to smoldering craters.

Now, there are plenty of creatures shown in Chrono Trigger which would be dangerous for the time travelers.  Elements might also give Porre an advantage, but there is no way to guage the effectiveness of Elements.  Supposedly, Lynx somehow captured Lucca, so the time travelers are not unbeatable.  I simply do not see how Crono could be harmed by a regular soldier with a gun.

My thoughts exactly.  They would have had to run into something very fierce in order to die in battle against porre.  I think that if they did die, it would have been by surprise.

Elvis_Maximus

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2005, 10:22:49 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
Uh...no?

Err.. care to elaborate on that...?