Author Topic: Rather interesting topic  (Read 1185 times)

BFG

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Rather interesting topic
« on: December 09, 2005, 12:14:11 am »
I was over at Gamefaqs recently and saw this question:

Describe an additional end of game subquest, or a replacement for a current one.

Enemies
Bosses
Story
Items

ALL OF THE GOOD STUFF!

Seemed like it could be fun, or provoke a decent discussion.  So I thought I would copy the first three answers over to this board, to see if anyone's interested.

BFG

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Rather interesting topic
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 12:14:37 am »
Hero's Curse
by "UnfortunateBOB"

When the party arrives in the Kingdom of Zeal, they learn that the Enlightened Ones spend much of their time sleeping. Dreaming is a very important aspect in their way of life and philosophy. After MasaMune's big sister (is her name Dora? I forgot) disappears, you'll have to find her hidden sprite once more in the area before you begin the quest.

Plot:
ŻŻŻŻ
So you find her somehow (sorry to not have any complex gameplay details here) and she invites you to dream. If Frog is in your party, she will single him out sensing that he's been affected by magic from Zeal. Everyone goes to sleep. Fade to black and such. Frog wakes up in a small hut in a forest, but he is not Frog. He's a young Glenn. A girl walks into the hut and tells him that Cyrus is waiting for you on the foothills by the edge of the forest. You must walk through the natural maze and meet Cyrus, who is talking to Masa and Mune. Dora enters Frog's dream and pauses it for him. She questions Glenn's interaction with her brothers but is interrupted by a Ozzie and Magus. You see the scene again as Cyrus burns away. But this time, when Magus hits you with the transformation spell, Dora pauses the dream yet again to inquire about Magus's powers. When she resumes, she, Magus, Ozzie, and Cyrus are gone. You're not a frog yet. The only exit is through the cave above you... which contains a psychedelic monster that symbolizes your curse. Fight it. Kill it. Purify yourself.

Enemies:
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
Imp, Roly, Nu.

Bosses:
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
Curse (500hp/2000mp)
No attack.
No defense.
One unique skill that drains Glenn's hp slowly. When your hp reaches zero, you die and "wake up" from the dream.

Items:
ŻŻŻŻŻŻ
Wooden Sword, Bandana, Hide Tunic, Hide cap

Rewards:
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
If you destroy the curse within yourself, you wake up as Glenn, and are able to continue the rest of the game as glenn. Very little plot variations.

If you fail to destroy the curse, you wake up as Frog and continue the rest of the game as Frog.

*sigh... I made my friend wait as i typed this lol. I'm so outgrowing gamefaqs.

BFG

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Rather interesting topic
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 12:15:15 am »
by "Omnislash987"

After reviving Crono, go to the Commons in 12k bc. If you talk to a man near the back, he will talk about his old swordsmithing life. He will talk about how the Enlightened Ones took his most prized sword and he hasn't seen it and thinks it's gone forever after teh fall of Zeal. He says he could make a weapon better than that sword since the sword had much power if he had it. he also needs a mop. Now your job is to find these two things. If you can't figure out what he's referring to, he is referring to the Swallow and Mop weapons. After you show both of them to him, he will say it's incomplete because he lacks a certain stone. He tells you that it also sunk after the fall of Zeal. Time to go searching. Go talk to Gaspar. Gaspar will tell you that once you defeat the "master of war" in his prime, he will tell you a secret. Go beat Nu Spekkio. Gaspar shows you another gate leading to 1998 AD. Go in. In there, you will find enemies with up to 10000 hp and can kill people in one shot if maximum defense equips aren't equipped. Also, some enmies here know how to cast Robo's shock. At the end, you will find Dark Magicite, a boss. He has auto-protect and deals about 900 physical damage to a single character without protect. Also, he knows how to use cure and has 40000 hp. At death, he will hit all characters with a physical attack that does 800 damage. After you kill him, you get the item dark magicite. Take it to the man in Commons. He will tell you that you have a choice what he makes. Here's the list:

Gastrafitis - Lightning elemental bow, drops enemy defense to 0 20% of the time temporarily, 2 less power than valkyrie
Chaos Katana - 5% chance of instant death even to bosses. 1 power over rainbow.
Glacier Gun - casts slow on the enemy frequently. 75% critical hit. 5 power higher than shockwave
Magitek Sword - frog has 255 attack(regardless of power stat) when mp is over 80 and also has 65% critical rate. Lower attack gives him same attack as brave sword.
Dark Hand - deals shadow damage and randomly blinds. randomly casts a Dark Eternal 1/4 the power. (actually uses Marle, Lucca, and Magus's stats for damage) Same power as Terra Arm.
Light Scythe - 3 attack higher than Doom Sickle. Raises Magus's evade and hit by 10. 4% chance to temporarily convert non-boss enemy. Converted units attack their former team mates for 4 turns. You can attack a converted unit and it will not destroy the status

BFG

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Rather interesting topic
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 12:15:51 am »
SINGING MOUNTAIN
by me
(And yes, I know some of it doesn't fit what we know about CT.  Feel free to adjust accordingly.)

The crash-landing of Lavos in 65M BC causes a cacophony of changes in the primordial earth: tropical rainforests are beseiged by frozen tundra, the continents are shattered and drift apart, and a few surviving semi-intelligent ape-men begin their evolution into something much more profound. Lavos must strike a very delicate balance: humankind must have access enough to a new power to survive and evolve, but not so much as to one day challenge him.

65,000,000 BC is where magic was born. Some of the more "evolved" ape-men, out of necessity, learn to use lightning magic to defend themselves from indigenous dinosaurs, and fire magic to keep themselves warm. The Sun Stone is birthed from Dreamstone, and the fate of the Earth begins to follow the course dictated by the relative powers of the Four Elements. And at the center of all of it is a creature created by the Entity itself to give humankind a chance to topple Lavos.

Late in the game, Crono and Co. return to 65M BC to check in on the ancient founders of the human race. While there, they learn an astounding fact: a strange frog-like creature has visited the village and taught Kino how to use lightning magic! This new knowledge has helped the tribesmen defend themselves from dinosaurs and the few remaining Reptites. Kino respects this teacher and believes him to act in the best interests of the tribe. Unfortunately, however, most of the rest of the tribe does not agree--and the tribe gangs up to capture the creature and take it to the most desolate and remote place on the planet: Singing Mountain.

Knowing that this creature could be the key to the survival of humankind, Crono and Co. head off to Singing Mountain to free it. Along the way they encounter a strange breed of Reptites: for these creatures seem to be mindless, and as difficult to destroy as the undead. (In other words, they are Reptites "possessed".) The beginnings of the Mystics are also seen here, as some Imps and gargoylelike creatures (presumably native to Singing Mountain) are quickly found to possess some Magic--though brute strength is still their specialty. Djinn and the progenitors of some of the other creatures later seen in the Ocean Palace/Black Omen also are found here.

If Crono's group manages to make it to the summit of Singing Mountain, it encounters a most unexpected creature: the Golden Nu. This creature, possibly the progenitor of the entire Nu species, acts much like other Nus in the game in terms of its attacks. It is, however, much quicker, able to call other Nus to its side, and a capable Magic user. Should Crono defeat this guardian, the Golden Nu will make clear the purpose of the test: the Shaman had seen that waiting until humans with the capacity for understanding the power of Magic, as well as the ambition and self-control for the proper use of it, was necessary. And, with Crono passing the test, the importance of the quest becomes clear: for the group has just freed Spekkio, the Master of War, and assured that in the far future they will be able to use magic to fight against Lavos.

ENEMIES: Please see descriptions above. Around 10 different common enemy times, most of whom appear to be much stronger physically/slightly weaker magically than Mystic-type enemies encountered earlier in the game. Examples would be a powered-down version of the Goon, a physically strong Gargoyle-type creature, and a Ruminator-type creature.
ITEMS: No new items. Some previously seen element-aligned equipment, such as the MermaidCap, might be availabe through Charming or chests.
SPECIAL EFFECTS: Each character gains +5 to Magic Attack and Magic Defense. Spekkio gives the Red Rock, which enables the BLACK GATE Triple Tech (Frog+Ayla+Magus; Frog Squash + Tail Spin + Black Hole).

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Rather interesting topic
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 12:20:24 am »
I'd like UnfortunateB0B's, but it does sound like a Cyan ripoff from Doma Castle and Wrexsoul.

Anyway, the most alluring part about these is that they're completely possible with Temporal Flux!

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Rather interesting topic
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 03:46:51 pm »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
I'd like UnfortunateB0B's, but it does sound like a Cyan ripoff from Doma Castle and Wrexsoul.

Anyway, the most alluring part about these is that they're completely possible with Temporal Flux!

Besides the fact that Frog changes back into Glenn, unless 2.00 can add more characters.

ker-plop

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/67903/
Re: Rather interesting topic
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 05:26:22 pm »
Quote from: BFG
I was over at Gamefaqs recently and saw this question:

Describe an additional end of game subquest, or a replacement for a current one.

Enemies
Bosses
Story
Items

ALL OF THE GOOD STUFF!

Seemed like it could be fun, or provoke a decent discussion.  So I thought I would copy the first three answers over to this board, to see if anyone's interested.

"The Ice Man Cometh"

Story/Plot: Heeding Azala's premonition of an ice age, Ayla takes the center stage, searching in the chilled future for something that will help her tribe prepare for the big freeze.  Behind the last settlement is a dark forest that once had a village where the Earthbound Ones made their winter gear, but it was overrun by snow monsters when they refused to give their goods to Queen Zeal.  Ayla and company head in, take out the monsters and bring the supplies needed to make warm coats back to Ioka.  The thankful villagers give them another chunk of Dreamstone, which Melchior (1000 AD) will use to make a strong piece of armor.

Enemies (all ice/water type):
Walraze (Walrus)
Wolfang (Wolf)
Frostbat (Bat)

Boss: Yeti

Useful Items Found:
Some Tabs
Frozen Heart (Relic): Absorb 150% of Ice/Water attacks, but Fire attack damage increases by 50%
Stone Needles (Item): One of three items needed to make winter wear
Hempen String (Item): One of three items needed to make winter wear
Yeti Skin (Item): One of three items needed to make winter wear
Dreamstone (Item): Shiny red rock
Dream Mail (Armor): Genderless Armor; Deflect all Fire attacks (Great combo item for Frozen Heart)

Because the Laruba villagers know where to find Yeti in their own time, the tribes are saved from extinction.  Continue on to kick Lavos's spikey tush.