Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Novel Project opens petition; Sound Fx update  (Read 2229 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Chrono Trigger Novel Project opens petition; Sound Fx update
« on: December 08, 2005, 06:24:49 pm »
The Chrono Trigger Novel Project has begun its most ambitious undertaking yet: convincing Square Enix to allow them to publish a Chrono Trigger novel. Titled Operation Ultimate Victory, the effort involves a real, hand-signed petition with the goal of 30,000 signatures. The petition itself is hosted at their website, and comes in two forms -- "Single" and "PLUS". The idea behind the petition is that fans can download it, print it, sign it, and send it back to CTNP headquarters. The "Single" petition contains a few lines for friends and family of fans, while the PLUS contains extended signature space for zealous fans who plan to solicit tons of signatures. Before downloading, you must register at the CTNP site.

If you're a fan of the novel project, what are you waiting for? Head to http://www.chronotrigger.info and get cracking!

In other news, Dirtie has upgraded his CT Sound Effects pack. Sound effects 45 (Fireworks) and 7E (Gavel) now work; they previously were mute, as in-game these sound effects require certain songs to be playing for them to work. You can grab the updated package here.

Lastly, as a bonus, an artist named Javicarracedo has submitted fan art depicting the Day of Lavos. It has been added to our fanart section; access it here.

Stay tuned for the Chrono Trigger Remake Project Remembrance Package, Chrono Symphonic, Coliseum 2.0, and another surprise!

SSJoseph

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
[Deleted]
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 06:32:11 pm »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 04:51:11 pm by SSJoseph »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 08:13:57 am »
So, wait, the CTNP's petition is to convince Square Enix to allow CTNP to publish a CT novel or to convince Square Enix to publish a CT novel??? I'm guessing the former, but your wording could be interpreted either way...I'd be all for a Square Enix made CT novel!

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 09:12:09 am »
Yeah ^.^

Just get a kid who goes to school to make their school buddies sign it, and everyone in their year level and class!

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Oh how I wish to dream again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 05:20:51 pm »
Stay tuned for the Chrono Trigger Remake Project Remembrance Package

Remembrance Package? What could it be?

Naz

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 05:24:06 pm »
Probably some collection of his notes or something.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 07:35:25 pm »
Personally, I'm not in favor of signing a petition to let another fan write an official novel about my favorite game. I'd rather write it myself. Selfish, but it's true. Good luck to him in his endeavors, but...yeah.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 10:03:41 pm »
It's concept art, bLiNd's old music for the project, and a lot of other stuff.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2005, 06:35:05 pm »
Quote from: Mystik3eb
Personally, I'm not in favor of signing a petition to let another fan write an official novel about my favorite game. I'd rather write it myself. Selfish, but it's true. Good luck to him in his endeavors, but...yeah.

Not to be an ass but if Square approved it then how could it be worse than what you could produce? And also, this isn't just one person writing. There is an editorial team, and we have a disucssion forum for anything that we might think is in need of confirmation. This isn't like most fan projects, we take this thing incredibly seriously.

ctnovelist

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
CTNP Petition
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2005, 11:45:36 pm »
Hello!  First off, thanks to everyone who has signed up so far for the petition effort, Operation Ultimate Victory.  I just wanted to share this update from the site (www.chronotrigger.info) with the Compendium:

With about 100 members already, Operation UV has started off quite well, and I want to thank everyone who has helped to make it happen so far.  However, this is only the beginning, and we need YOU to get involved!  To help boost membership and throw in an extra dose of excitement, we're now offering prizes to those who get involved.  Here's the deal:

Starting January 1 and ending February 28, you can earn Chrono Trigger PRIZES for gathering signatures! Here's how it works: For each signature you get, you will be given one entry into a drawing for some cool CT prizes.  To kick things off, one prize will be awarded each month (January 31 and February 28 ), so be sure to get signatures in for both January and February for your chance to WIN!  Sign up HERE and login starting January 1 to see what the prize for that month will be!

In addition to these awesome prizes, the next 100 users (in addition to those who have already signed up) to sign up with an Operation UV account will be given special recognition at ChronoTrigger.info!  Don't miss this great opportunity to get your name, website, alias, or whatever on the site!  These members will be contacted asking what information they want to appear with their name/alias (within reasonable guidelines).

Login to the Op UV site after the New Year to start seeing prize information and to track the number of signatures you gather. Happy gathering!