Author Topic: Good things on the way  (Read 3827 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Good things on the way
« on: December 02, 2005, 05:45:57 pm »
The Saturday update is coming in a day early, as I'll be out for awhile. How are things going in the Chrono world? Well, I'm pleased to report that good tidings and gifts worthy of the holidays will come early this year. As everyone knows, Chrono Symphonic is still near its release, and a few delays have been incurred in order to prepare some special bonus material that's definitely worth the wait. If you're still having doubts, it has been set in stone that Symphonic will be released before the year is out.

Meanwhile, at the other end of the fan project spectrum, the Chrono Trigger Remake Project -- which was hit with a Cease & Desist letter earlier this year -- is organizing its last few remains into a remembrance package. All the initial music bLiNd composed for it (he's since started anew, as the old music was lost in a crash) will be offered in the remembrance package, as well as screenshots and concept art of the game taken before it was shut down. At present, nearly everything is organized, and it should debut soon.

Lastly, the Chrono Trigger Coliseum -- version 2.0 -- is ready to ship, and will become available the same day Chrono Symphonic is released. This will allow hardcore Trigger fans to really party by listening to the orchestral tracks and challenging difficult ladders in the game's new battle arena. Version 2.0 fixes the bugs present in the last release, and also polishes some of its rough edges. Jsondag is proud to have the new version already fixed and ready to go, and we' d both like to thank all the fans out there for downloading it and giving it a try. At the time of this news post, this rom hack has been downloaded 1263 times -- thank you, and be ready for the new version!

So stay tuned for the gifts on the way, and who knows? More cool stuff not mentioned in this news update may be coming as well. It'll be one hell of a bang that closes out the year of Chrono Trigger's 10th birthday; be there!

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Re: Good things on the way
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 09:43:46 pm »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
All the initial music bLiNd composed for it (he's since started anew, as the old music was lost in a crash) will be offered in the remembrance package, as well as screenshots and concept art of the game taken before it was shut down.

Does anyone make backups?

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Good things on the way
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 04:49:08 am »
Quote from: GrayLensman
Quote from: ZeaLitY
All the initial music bLiNd composed for it (he's since started anew, as the old music was lost in a crash) will be offered in the remembrance package, as well as screenshots and concept art of the game taken before it was shut down.

Does anyone make backups?

Tell me about it. Worst. Excuse. Ever.

I'm glad to see that a Chrono fan project has finally reached completion...even if it is just a battle arena. As for Chrono Symphonic, conceivably I'm looking forward to that a lot more...but I hope it's as good as the hype.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
Good things on the way
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 06:41:30 am »
I always love good news.
Symphonic+v2.0 Coliseum+the package are just great for the x-mas time, or for the new year party, or whatever.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Good things on the way
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 11:46:16 am »
It would be a better Christmas Package if TF 2.0 came out too. :P

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Good things on the way
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 08:13:49 pm »
If there were no backups, then we would not be hearing the songs soon, eh? The files lost were the raw music data that probably were used with FL Studio. I'm personally on a RAID array that backs up everything I do, but I suppose not everyone expects a cataclysmic system failure.

Eggith Cyrene

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Good things on the way
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 08:27:11 pm »
whats Chrono Symphonic? just a remix of the ct/cc tracks?

Im not interested in that unless it was done by OCR

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Good things on the way
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 07:01:07 am »
I'm more than fairly sure that a few OCRemixers are involved.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Good things on the way
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2005, 07:17:39 am »
Quote from: Eggith Cyrene
whats Chrono Symphonic? just a remix of the ct/cc tracks?

It's being masterized (or whatever the word is...) by a professional German sound engineer, so...

Claado Shou

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Good things on the way
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2005, 06:43:06 pm »
Chrono Symphonic is done ENTIRELY by people from OCR, just in case you didn't know.  All 29 songs are orchestral, and the project itself composes CT (and a few CC) tunes into the Chrono Trigger movie soundtrack, though the movie doesn't exist.

Amazing that some people still don't know the basics after all this time...I guess my job is still left undone...

Also, IT WILL BE OUT BY THE END OF THE YEAR.  Probably before Christmas, but I can't make any more promises...God knows it's impossible for me to stick to a deadline.  However, 2005 (a.k.a. CT's 10th anniversary) is the year of release.  That I can guarantee.

~.C.S.~

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Good things on the way
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2005, 07:06:36 pm »
Quote from: Claado Shou
(and a few CC)

Really?? I didn't know that. Can I ask which songs these are (the CC track names or the CS rearrangements)?

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
Good things on the way
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2005, 11:32:05 pm »
Quote from: Eggith Cyrene

That's pretty damn closed-minded.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Good things on the way
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2005, 03:30:46 pm »
Agreed...it's one thing to have experienced some poor quality remixes that aren't OCR done, but to assume that they're all not worthy of listening just because they don't have those lovely three letters stamped on...

Anyways, I look foward to hearing what the fans have to offer.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Good things on the way
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2005, 06:38:36 am »
Quote from: Claado Shou
Amazing that some people still don't know the basics after all this time...I guess my job is still left undone...

I knew at one point, but it's been kind of a while...and my memory's so shady that I barely trust it now-a-days...>_>

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Good things on the way
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2005, 06:46:04 am »
Me the old n00b I am does not know whether it is retail, online, or free  :?