Author Topic: Creation of the Masamune  (Read 7716 times)

ShoeMagus

• Guardian (+100)
  • "We are...the dreamers of Dreams."
    • View Profile
Re: Creation of the Masamune
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 01:38:19 pm »
It could have been anybody as long as they passed Masa and Mune's Test. One thing though...I doubt it was MANY heroes. Something interesting to note:

CYRUS: "Yes, it's time we took back the
   Medal from the Frog King.
   And I'd like to see that mythical
   sword for myself."

"That Mythical Sword." Maybe its just conversation, but perhaps he didn't actually know the name of the sword? Why is this relevant? Well it would appear that the name didn't survive in the "Legendary" end of things. The name isn't mentioned in the flashback until on the Denadoro Mts which would make sense if they didn't know it before and learned it there. Maybe not that notable, but we can almost count on the idea that they were obscure legends and that whatever heroes wielded it were few and far between. The last was far away enough from Cyrus to make its name obscure.

Thats what we're missing on the Compendium. An article on the Masamune and its mechanics, creation, etc.

XcyrusX

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • myspace.com/nathan98023
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 06:51:06 pm »
Yeah i agree with u there this has givin me inspiration to do an rpg2k3 game about an imp who gains the masamune!

The title will be called "Sir Imp"

Jonathan

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2007, 08:55:30 am »
I might be wrong (someone correct me if I am) but when Chrono and the others try to get the Masamune, doesn't Masa (or Mune) say something like: "Only Cyrus made it this far."?
So in this case Cyrus was the only one that passed the test and rightfully obtained the Masamune.

So maybe it got the name legendary/mythical from the fact that no one ad been able to pass the test and wield it.   

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • It's a secret to everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2007, 06:49:38 pm »
Yeah, Jonathan, that is what Masa/Mune said.

Someone mentioned that Masa and Mune were out of the sword in Ocean palace- they're out of the sword in Denadoro Mts. too. If they were created to aid in the destruction of the MM but not bound to the sword as such then maybe the MM bound them to the sword, creating the Masamune? But, anyway.

I also agree with Jonathan that it was considered legendary due to it being so hard to acquire.

On a slightly related note, I have heard that some people believe that Dalton stole the Masamune and destroyed Guardia- what are the reasons for this? And also, do Masa and Mune only possess the power to stop the Masamune from being retrieved from the stone, or do you think that they can stop it being used? Because in all honesty if they possessed the power to stop a person from using the blade, why would they let an asshole like Dalton near it?

Sorry if this is considered unrelated but it is to do with the Masamune.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2007, 06:46:06 pm »
Only a small minority considers Dalton to be the abuser of the Masamune. The general consensus is that he's DEAD, much less in the future.

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • It's a secret to everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2007, 05:55:04 am »
Oh, good. Thanks for that. It's all Faf's fault for telling me that loads of people think Dalton destroyed Guardia ¬.¬

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2007, 07:43:20 am »
It's not that many people support this Dalton theory, but it's that it's one of the few theory about the Fall which was formulated and backed up, apart from the "We know that we don't know" theory.

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Fall_of_Guardia_%28Fighter_within%29.html

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2007, 11:17:56 pm »
Oh God, I have to whine every time I do an analysis review. The middle page of this topic makes me cry inside.

alpha

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2007, 01:50:43 pm »
this topic makes my brain hurt from all the repeated statements and Ideas as if no one preread the topic before posting...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2007, 01:13:42 am »
this topic makes my brain hurt from all the repeated statements and Ideas as if no one preread the topic before posting...

Try having to read all new analysis posts to update the site. All those "haha good theory" and "wait if crono went back in time, and magus went back in time, and lucca went forward, burrito?" posts accumulate quickly...