Author Topic: Creation of the Masamune  (Read 7764 times)

Discoman

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Creation of the Masamune
« on: December 01, 2005, 09:17:09 pm »
I was wondering, how was the Masamune created in the orginal timeline? Remember the Masamune was made to try to stop the Mannon Machine. But without Magus and Crono and co, their is no reason for the Masamune to be created, considering there was no one to warn the Gurus about what would happen.

GoAnderson

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Creation of the Masamune
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 09:24:44 pm »
Well... Maybe Melchior had begun work on his Red Knife, which, during the time leading up to the Ocean Palace incident, became the sword we know as Masamune?

Though, I've also heard some better ideas, like that Melchior threw the knife into the Machine in the original timeline, which makes sense out of desperation.

... I'm still not entirely sure how you turn a basic red knife into a fancy broadsword by throwing it into a hunk of metal, albeit magical metal, but, eh. Different strokes.

Naz

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Creation of the Masamune
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 10:04:09 pm »
Melchior knew what would become of all of it. Even without the CT crew, he still made the knife to stop the Mammon Machine.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Creation of the Masamune
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 02:58:59 am »
In the original timeline, the Guru's were not banished and were at the Ocean Palace. Melchior had made the knife prior to secretly destroy the Machine.

Since the knife is made of Dreamstone, and dreamstone absorbs energy, the knife absorbed a hunk of Lavos' energy from the Mammon Machine and turned into the Masamune. I think that because Masa and Mune are Melchior's dreams, them by merging or becoming a part of the sword caused it to turn into a broadsword or something more powerful.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Creation of the Masamune
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 04:54:10 am »
The most possible theory is that Melchior, who was at the Ocean Palace, trusted the Red Knife into the Mammon Machine instead of Crono.

Another theory is that since he wasn't trapped in the Moutain of Woe, Melchior had all the time he needed to finish his work with the Dreamstone, forging it into a proper magical sword without any contact with the Mammon Machine. That's assuming that he didn't absolutely needed the Mammon Machine's powers (since the Red Knife was made to destroy the MM anyway), but that could explain why the Masamune is holy in the original time-line but kind of evil (= tainted by the MM/Lavos) in the modified time-lines. Of course TTI disproves this part though (the modified Masamune should disappear because the original sword time-traveled).

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Creation of the Masamune
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 03:42:54 pm »
Quote from: Chrono'99
Of course TTI disproves this part though (the modified Masamune should disappear because the original sword time-traveled).

But would TTI not work because it is an inatimate object?

kennyj2003

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Creation of the Masamune
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 03:46:31 pm »
Woudn't it be a sentient object seeing as Masa and Mune power it from within?

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Creation of the Masamune
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 03:49:36 pm »
Quote from: kennyj2003
Woudn't it be a sentient object seeing as Masa and Mune power it from within?

But since its a new time line, would the olde masamune just stay the way it was while the MM Masamune just exist in this new timeline but not the Lavos?

kennyj2003

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Creation of the Masamune
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 03:53:13 pm »
Hmm I think it would stay the MM Masamune because of TTI, which kinda makes me wonder. When the Masamune is transformed who recovers it and puts it in Denarado MTs.?

Naz

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Creation of the Masamune
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2005, 05:43:49 pm »
Hmm I think it would stay the MM Masamune because of TTI, which kinda makes me wonder. When the Masamune is transformed who recovers it and puts it in Denarado MTs.?

I just had a thought, maybe the monsters stole it while everything was crumbling down. And it probably was held as a powerful weapon they could use against the humans.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Creation of the Masamune
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2005, 06:24:58 pm »
Or, to avoid all the bullcrap arguments about TTI, Melchior just threw the knife in on his own.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Creation of the Masamune
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2005, 04:35:51 am »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
Or, to avoid all the bullcrap arguments about TTI, Melchior just threw the knife in on his own.

Thanks for repeating a fifth time what everybody on this topic said.

To exit the Ocean Palace, it probably just teleported like it does many times in CC (and maybe in CT). How it got to Denadoro Mts is probably irrelevant though, it might have known many heroes and adventures between 12,000 BC and 600 AD... or Masa just went there because he "wanted to be the wind" (a villager does say there are strong winds in Denadoro).

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
Creation of the Masamune
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2005, 02:22:45 pm »
Thanks for repeating a fifth time what everybody on this topic said.

You're Welcome :D

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Oh how I wish to dream again...
    • View Profile
Creation of the Masamune
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2005, 02:44:54 pm »

Probably Masa and Mune took it there. It is a sword that has its own will. It probably hid there and waited to be taken by somebody who was worth it. Or didn't wait at all.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
Creation of the Masamune
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2005, 01:07:41 pm »
Or maybe it landed there after the fall of Zeal, just like all the sealed Boxes.