Author Topic: Game stuff  (Read 10875 times)

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/solid_star_16
Game stuff
« on: November 25, 2005, 08:13:08 pm »
While we are not even close to completing this, I figure why not put up exactly what's been going on and what will be happening with the actual programming status.

For starters, I've been working in RPG Maker 2K3, so you'll probably know what to expect as far as game stuff.  Up to 4 people in a party at any one time, however, I'm thinking of keeping it to 3 people at max.

Next, there is going to be more than one scenario... meaning this will take quite some time as each one needs to be developed plot-wise... and created tech-wise...

I've been in the process of creating a demo of what you may be able to expect... and while it's playble, it's far from what I'd like it to be... and it has an error or two I'm exploiting.

Courtes of the long weekend (and not being scheduled at work until Sunday), it is very much possible that there will be a prototype of what to expect in the next week or so... so long as KickAceChrono and Zep are obliged to see it released, and / or agree with direction in the story.  After all, we still have plot issues to work out as of this time.

Anyways, due to having nothing scheduled for today, I will now resume game prototype creation.

kickacecrono0091

Game stuff
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 02:15:36 pm »
So you can code in RPGMaker and you never told us?! You should have said something man. It's confusing as heck to me.

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Game stuff
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 03:07:52 pm »
Yeah well  :roll:

I'm still learning to do some stuff in it, but yeah, I know how to use it well enough.

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Game stuff
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 04:35:25 am »
Quick update before bed

Added a few minor cutscene things to add flavor

Halfway done with the first half of the quest for the demo... so 25% total.

Looks good so far IMO.

Anyways, if I can get around to it, maybe I'll throw in some screens later on tomorrow... or maybe I'll just let suspense build...  :roll:

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Game stuff
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 01:42:48 pm »
A quick update...

Finished the first half of the first dungeon type thing.

It's very probable that Thursday / Friday there will be an entire pretty demo to play.

Yeah, that's about it for now.

kickacecrono0091

Game stuff
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 05:30:06 pm »
cool. so do you have all the sprites?

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Game stuff
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 10:49:56 pm »
All that I need for now, yes.

The only thing I kinda need is battle sprites of Alexander... as I gave him the knight captain / cyrus sprite... which I have yet to find a battle sprite for.
Then I thought to give him the Cyrus ghost sprite... which I may do (make him look crazy cool).  I've yet to add him or give him any techs.
Also, I'm having difficulty (I've yet to really look into this) getting double and triple techs down.
Oh, which reminds me, Alex, should he have shadow, lightning,. ice, water fire, or some other kind of magic which he is attributed to?

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Game stuff
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 01:42:35 pm »
Here's an update...

The entrance to the first part of the Forbidden Forest (Temporary name)

The fog is coming to get you...

Finally out of the dag nab fog

A typical battle

Where are we off to now?

And that's all I got for now.  Granted the maps aren't fully pretty yet, but they are very playable.
What's left to work on is a few more maps and the boss of the area.

Again props to COF for the sprites.  Without those, this would have taken MUCH longer.  More to update later.

kickacecrono0091

Game stuff
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 06:00:04 pm »
looks nice. I'm just wondering where in the story does the Forbidden Forset happen? And why is Marle in the party? Also, I was thinking we could possible have Alex as a knight who served under Cyrus, and thus we could give him the Nirvana Strike tech. I think he should be
Shadow becasue he's evil. That or fire, or water. Because there the only one's not in the game. Marle's Ice, Crono's Lightning. I think Vera should be fire. Alex could actually be water, and we could make him directly involved in the Stream of Time. If there's a way to change the color(I'm not well versed in RPGM) change the color of Alex becasue people might think hes actually Cyrus.

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Game stuff
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 06:03:01 pm »
I figure beginning of the game quest we could have Marle for a fun playable character.
Under Cyrus eh?  The only prob I got with that is this is 1005 and Cyrus died before 600  :roll:  But yeah, I can see him as a studier of Cyrus' technique.  That would be cool.  Nirvana Strike is DEFINITELY in.  Along with some... other... fun... things.. yeah.  I'll see what I can do.

Shadow becasue he's evil. That or fire, or water. Because there the only one's not in the game. Marle's Ice, Crono's Lightning. I think Vera should be fire. Alex could actually be water, and we could make him directly involved in the Stream of Time. If there's a way to change the color(I'm not well versed in RPGM) change the color of Alex becasue people might think hes actually Cyrus.

I like the idea of water, he disrupts the stream of time which ends up screwing with dimensional stuff and what not (forgive the vagueness).  Changing the color will definitely be done, and it's quite easy.  Vera I thought of as a fire since she does use guns, like Lucca number 1 and number 2 I associate fire and guns for whatever odd reason.  Good idea.

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Game stuff
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 06:39:56 pm »
And now... Chrono Stream Picture updates (yay).  This... is Alex's story...

Yes, you can choose which party to follow...

The beginning of Alex's Story...

They've been searching for the cave...

Alex is from Porre (for now at the very least).

They got their butts kicked... and only Alex remains...

He failed the mission... fade to black.

Honestly, you have to see / hear it.  It works very well.

Let me know what you think.

kickacecrono0091

Game stuff
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2005, 09:20:32 am »
Looks good. Is there a particular Chrono theme you need for it?

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Game stuff
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 02:45:39 pm »
I agree. It looks very good. When you get the demo, we'll have to put it up on the website. I can't wait to play it. I think that once someone beats the game the first time, they unlock a special stage where the only people in the pary are Crono and Alex and they are fighting eith: Cyrus or Serge, and Glenn or Frog. If you win, you get cool items for when you play the game again. Oh yeah, and can you try to put up some of the gamer music? I'd like to hear it. If it's music from the old Chrono game, see if it can be remixed. Ask one of the music people for that. G'bye.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Game stuff
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2005, 06:04:45 am »
This looks so sweet!
Hopefully the story doesn't get screwed due to the misinterpretation and confusion of the plot  :oops:

Holy crap. For some reason all these things I though of 2+ years ago are coming back, like Nirvana Strike, which I wanted to put in a game I wished to make. I've got to put copyright on my thoughs now ^_^

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Game stuff
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2005, 12:55:17 am »
Heh, I'm sure it'll be fine.  Thanks for the compliment btw.
And now for your viewing pleasure... the beginning of Crono's Story...

The beginning of a meeting...

Trust is something that is hard to find these days...

Crono should go this alone... but look who's evesdropping... :roll:

It looks like Marle is going to come

You can't go, this is a top priority secret.. DUH!

No kidding, that's why I'm going along.

The beginning of a quest...

Enjoy the pictures people.  I'm working on this all night (because I can dang it).  There should be more to update (not necessarily pictures) tomorrow.  Later.