Author Topic: Plot Add-Ons  (Read 12529 times)

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/solid_star_16
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2005, 12:42:41 pm »
Exactly.  The king sends Crono to the South (Porre) to acquire information on why there seems to be less and less communication between the 2.  There, he learns of a special mission (via a soldier in the hospital) that has been going on for quite a time.  What that is he doesn't know, but Marle suggests going to find "this Alex" and spy on him essentially.
Last the soldier heard, Alex and troops entered the Forbidden Forest about 3 months ago, but they have yet to hear from him.  This is when the Forbidden Forest becomes (unlocked) and you get to go on that quest.
And EVENTUALLY, Crono comes to the area with the cave (The Cave of the Hijira) or whatever you want to call it.  
They enter and find your deranged monster inside.  I'm thinking only magic attacks will hurt the thing and physical attacks do VERY minor damage.  Which would explain why the soldiers got their butts handed to them.
After battle and upon viewing the mangled soldiers, he finds Alex, barely alive outside.  Either that or the slave comes and takes him away while revealing a bit of this mission.  Which reminds me, should Crono or Therris should save Alex?  Let me know.  
In any case, that's what I have up to now.  I have yet to work much more on Alex's quest, as it happens after Crono's is "completed" (in other words what I have so far).  So, I'm unsure on how you want to proceed after he wakes up in the hospital.  Let me know because right now, I gotta get ready and get to work and such.  I'll read and update more later on.

kickacecrono0091

Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2005, 05:12:25 pm »
They could both sort of help. Therris is looking for Alex, and finds Crono, so he joins your party and you look together. Also, about the magic only thing, would they have magic this early in the game? And if your carry over from Trigger with their spells, then they still might not have a decent supply of MP.

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2005, 12:01:38 am »
They would.  I have them learning basic level 1 magic at level 5.  By going through and fighting only the mandatory battles, you can get to I think level 7 by then.  I'm also thinking I can edit the monsters stats so it won't necessarily take too too much to kill, but if you use only physical attacks.. it'll take forever.  Yeah.  I like it.  Hehe.

Now for the monster.  I'm thinking it can look like (or be with color modification) a Heckran or something along those lines.  Either that or we can have some fun with the monsters never put in the original game (like some of the ones from the prerelease) and just come up with our own stats and the like.

As it stands now... this game is going to be HUGE.  A very in depth story, along with a very developed cast of characters.  I think I'll post the script for this later, as I've remarked in the game stuff thread.

I'm just getting very excited with the coming of Christmas and the ability to release a small demo of this game by then.  It's going to rock.  So far it's looking VERY promising for (or by) the 20th being ready to be shown to all of you and then maybe a day or two later (for any bugs you catch or story changes) for the rest of everyone here.

Which reminds me, aside from sending this to Azarath's email (if it does in fact have the capability to hold the game) how do you want me to 1) send this out to all of you, and 2) be able to let others download it.  I know I've asked this before, so if anyone knows... it'd be greatly appreciated.

Anyways, going to do a little more programming and then probably a script update by tomorrow night.  Leave it (b/c all suggestions are welcomed and looked at VERY frequently).

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2005, 09:08:36 am »
Use something like filefront.com for public stuff like this(at least I do).

Cooper

• Guardian (+100)
  • aka Lightningstrike
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2005, 04:35:13 pm »
So, it's final i think. ^^
What do you think ?

Chrono Stream Logo Final (small)

Chrono Stream Logo Final (Large)

kickacecrono0091

like i said
« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2005, 05:48:20 pm »
Like I said, better and better. The logos rock Cooper. Also, thanks for doing the RPGMaker coding, Solidstar.

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #111 on: December 13, 2005, 05:12:44 pm »
Cooper... what can I say taht I already haven't said.  Quality work.  It looks fantastic.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2005, 07:02:32 am »
I think my work is done here.
Now, my planet needs me [alien sounds]

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2005, 01:08:04 pm »
Done?  Far from it.

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2005, 09:09:46 pm »
He doesnt have access to his computer anymore, for some reason, I think.
He cant actually continue regularly contributing.

kickacecrono0091

Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2005, 11:42:09 pm »
wait Burning Zeppelin is leaving?

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #116 on: December 17, 2005, 02:14:57 am »
I dont think permanently. But access to his computer has gotten harder. He is now forced to use the PCs at school.

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #117 on: December 17, 2005, 10:49:32 am »
Well that sucks a bunch.

kickacecrono0091

Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #118 on: December 17, 2005, 09:19:12 pm »
Well son't get down we can still do this.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2005, 01:25:04 am »
Don't worry. I can still use my sisters laptop when she's not home  :?