Author Topic: Magus Story Beta Test  (Read 560 times)

Janus Zeal

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Magus Story Beta Test
« on: November 23, 2005, 04:32:00 pm »
jsondag2 just finished going through the rom. I'm really impressed on what you've done so far (although, like you said, the text and map needs a lot of work).

Anyways, I wasn't able to notice many large gitches. However, I do have a few suggestions:

- Make the Zeal Dungeon at the bottom of the mountain if possible. The hidden entrane at the top is a little hard to find at first, and a bit annoying.
- although I'm sure the plot isn't ironed out, the pacing is far too fast (to be fair, it is only a beta).

Glitches:
- in the Zeal dungeon, in the 2nd and 3rd room, when you click on the letter, it displays random text "You got 1515bllvkfkl1 etc." I'm assuming this is a coding glitch, rather than a textual error

More to come later, whenever I find time.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Magus Story Beta Test
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 04:11:50 pm »
why not have Zeal dungeon at the bottom?:

I put it there so you couldn't find it until Dalton gave you the hint (after Golem Boss)  I'm debating making it so you can skip the Beast forest altogether if you just go straight to Zeal Dungeon

Text Errors in zeal dungeon:

Eventually every paper will be a riddle, I just havent taken the time to put the last two riddles yet.

Any Suggestions for making not so fast paced?

--jp

Janus Zeal

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Magus Story Beta Test
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 02:28:15 pm »
Have a story buildup before the Old Man is killed by Dalton. Have him explain what has happened recently, Magus asks about Schala etc.

Also, have it mandatory that Magus encounter Sargon earlier on, instead of just at the end of his story.

I'll try and come up with more later if I can.