Author Topic: Portals in the year 1000  (Read 10073 times)

rotorkid

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Portals in the year 1000
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2004, 02:04:06 am »
If you beat the game immediately after killing Magus you get an ending where they say that the gates couldn't have been created by Lavos.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Portals in the year 1000
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2004, 03:13:51 pm »
but, still, in the Black Omen a Lavos Spawn does teleport itself to the party by apparently coming from a gate!
Now, I don't remember if it was a blue or red time portal, or the kind of summoning gates that Dalton uses.

chronotriggerfreak

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://ctf.sytes.net/
Portals in the year 1000
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2004, 03:51:39 pm »
Remember your own theories, '99:

Quote from: chronotriggerfreak
Dalton's Fate - In Chrono Cross, we have the Bend of Time, where monsters from all over seem to appear. In that OVA thing, I've heard someone discuss how monsters seem to just appear at the Millenial Fair from all over the world and from all different time periods. I think, and so does that poster, that the Bend of Time is the source of these monsters. Sort of like the End of Time, the Bend of Time seems to be a method for all monsters to travel far from their origins and assail adventurers, and the Bend of Time must therefore have many entrances for these monsters. As such, and in the case of Cross's Bend of Time being in the archipelago whereas the "Bend of Time" apparent in the OVA is near the Millenial Fair, it is wise to assume it also has many exits. Although, unlike the End of Time, the Bend of Time is more likely a Gate with branched paths than any one location outside of time and space. Anyway, if we believe that such a Bend of Time exists as I have described, it may be safe to assume Dalton "summons" the Golems by calling them from the Bend of Time to either many many exit points all of the kingdom of Zeal, or he possibly knows how to create, divert, or in some way bend (an) exit point(s) to his liking. But, the real stretch comes now - let's say that, in theory, exit points may also serve as entry points, or vice-versa. In fact, let us just say that they are one in the same. In this case, Dalton gets consumed by his own exit/entry point, and therefore, he reaches the true Bend of Time. There, one can only assume what happens to him. Do vengeful Golems and other monsters destroy him? Or does he rally the monsters of the time-space continuum to his hand, waiting to reappear in a convenient location at the convenient time and dominate the world?

I, personally, think he deserves no better than to be mauled by dozens of pairs of Golem Twins.  :twisted:

That was originally yours. It's actually quite fitting - Death Peak seems to be quite a central location in 2300 A.D., so it wouldn't be too unlikely that a way to access the Bend of Time and arrive on the Black Omen would exist upon the Peak. Then again, didn't the portal into which the party and Magus were sucked after defeating Magus look like a regular Gate as well? Yet it still is not constant enough to remain there after the event occurs. The Lavos Spawn may have easily created a portal, but doubtfully a Gate that would remain there.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Portals in the year 1000
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2004, 01:50:32 pm »
oops yeah that's good. In fact, I often come up with some sort of theories, but as I try to be objective I sometimes forget them (-_-') ...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Portals in the year 1000
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2006, 12:40:42 am »
Reopening discussion, but I think this topic is mostly concluded. The Entity is the planet and created the Gates; the Retranslation of CT will hopefully seal this beyond a doubt for fans still unacquainted with the full breadth of the evidence in the planet's support. I made a placeholder for the question of why the Entity didn't just teleport Lavos to hell in the Theory section, though I won't address that until I reach the Entity discussion after Time is wrapped up. Does that Bend of Time thing have any merit? It seems troublesome to explain how the monsters actually get there without defaulting on game mechanics.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Portals in the year 1000
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2006, 12:46:32 am »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
Reopening discussion, but I think this topic is mostly concluded. The Entity is the planet and created the Gates; the Retranslation of CT will hopefully seal this beyond a doubt for fans still unacquainted with the full breadth of the evidence in the planet's support. I made a placeholder for the question of why the Entity didn't just teleport Lavos to hell in the Theory section, though I won't address that until I reach the Entity discussion after Time is wrapped up. Does that Bend of Time thing have any merit? It seems troublesome to explain how the monsters actually get there without defaulting on game mechanics.

Lets not close this matter at all with the Entity. I'm looking forward for the retranslation, and to breaking it down ^.^ I'm willing to do damage. So yay. Anyway, Until we have concrete evidence that CC and CT both have in common with gates and the entity's power, I think a lot of people won't believe that the first gate at the fair, the ocean palace and others were caused by the "sleeping entity".

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Portals in the year 1000
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2006, 12:48:46 am »
Well, at any rate, it will be addressed when the Entity article comes to bear. Right now, I want to keep things on Time and Dimensions. Don't worry though; it will have its day.