Author Topic: Music  (Read 6797 times)

Wiesty

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gmreborn.tloveland.com
Music
« on: November 20, 2005, 09:11:15 pm »
Alright Azarath you said i was added to the team, and i think mystic would be great too, what music needs doing?

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Music
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 11:50:10 am »
Let's see, I'm not officialy in-charge anymore, kickacecrono is, but we need some better battle, overworld, and boss battle music. Plus some evil/scary type music for the final area. And a remix of Lavos's theme would be nice.

kickacecrono0091

Music
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 03:17:29 pm »
Solid sais to finish his demo he needs some SFX. I'm not sure what kind though.

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Music
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 04:52:21 pm »
Probably things like a chest opening, or a sword ding and battle things.

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/solid_star_16
Music
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 06:18:02 pm »
Precisely that.  Also menu and magic sounds.  What else... maybe water and silence sounds too.  Give it an air of haunting if that makes any sense.  Just any little sounds from a game you can think of will be helpful.

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Music
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 06:56:09 pm »
Hey, Solidstar, do you think you could email me what you've done so far? I'd like to see where we've gotten so far. my email address is zipinphil@yahoo.com

kickacecrono0091

Music
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 07:10:37 pm »
silence sounds? lol

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Music
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 07:19:15 pm »
? Now that you think about it, that does sound kinda weird. Silence + Sound = Not silent? :lol:

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Music
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 07:20:31 pm »
like crickets and such, you know, things that you may hear when there's no music or man-made noises.

edit: Does Yahoo have a limit on the siz of a file you can send?

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Music
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 07:22:06 pm »
I dunno. Once I sent a 2-hr. RPG Maker 200 game to one of my friends and it still sent. Oh, silent sounds. Duh, Philip. Anyways, can't wait to check this game out. About how long do you estimate it will be?

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Music
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 07:30:50 pm »
Well since I gave the playable part (Crono's party) ultimate equipment to start with... it can be estimated to be about 15 minutes or so so far.  But fear not, because next week, after finals are over, I'm clear and free to do a massive amount of programming.  And you can bet that there'll be a huge update and definitely a demo by x-mas.

My only thing is where I can upload it to for mass downloads and such.  Check your yahoo to see how much your inbox can handle.  I know my hotmail was something like 2 mb or so, and I think a yahoo one that my girlfriend has has about the same.

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Music
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2005, 07:47:22 pm »
Do me one favor. Get rid of the ultimate equipment. Save it for the end please. Thanks. My Yahoo! account can hold... 1.0GB.

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Music
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 07:53:09 pm »
Alright people, I added a few things to the plot, so here it is.

I think that once someone beats the game the first time, they unlock a special stage where the only people in the pary are Crono and Alex and they are fighting eith: Cyrus or Serge, and Glenn or Frog. If you win, you get cool items for when you play the game again. Oh yeah, and can you try to put up some of the gamer music? I'd like to hear it. If it's music from the old Chrono game, see if it can be remixed.

Also...

I really like the memory loss thing for Alexander, especially if he killed the king. If he killed the king and forgot that, sometime during the game, the ghost of the king will come to him in a dream and speak with him. After hearing the truth, Alexander goes mad and holds "Clara" hostage and is wounded by Crono and the ghost of the king saves him. Alexander is brought to the demon king and is locked away and near the end of the game, Crono, Clara, and two other party members destroy the domon lord (Let's call him Lavos' Enmity for now) and save Alexander, who in turn becomes the final boss. Alexander will fight one-on-one with Crono and they will kill each other. Crono's new-born son will become king when he comes of age. Well, that's all I got for right now. Tell me what you think? OH yeah, and Lavos' Enmity had taken Porre under control and forced them to infiltrate Guardia. The game will end with the gravestone of Crono's glowing and Magus and Schala standing next to it.

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Music
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 08:25:38 pm »
There's a few things with this...
Crono is sent by Guardia in the first place.  He eventually comes upon Alex and saves him.  I suppose afterwards Alex could kill Guardia... we'll see how it works in as the plot develops.

I like the idea of fighting a "special battle" at the end of the game.  I don't know if you should really fight Frog / Glenn and Cyrus or Serge or anyone like that though.  It doesn't make as much sense.  Glenn and especially Cyrus are long since dead, and Serge... well in 1005 AD I think he's been either just created or born or whatever.

There will be a new game+ and in it you'll get to start from other characters perspectives.  I'm thinking you can have a Vera game and the girl that you rescue, etc.  You can also start another Alex / Crono game of course.  I think at the present moment though, you can only choose up to 4 answers in a multiple choice scenario... but I'm sure I can fix that easily enough, in fact I know I can   :roll:

The demon lord... is this going to be Alex after all, or is it someone or something completely different?  If Alex does go mad.. I dunno, we'll see.

I think Crono dying (again) will or should be expected.  But I think it should be like an end of game scenario if that does happen.  You have to remember, there's going to be multiple endings for multiple characters... hence many dimensions... hence trying to delve into a very deep, complex,  and complete story... I know how to do it, it'll just take time to develop plot and such.

I'm also not sure why Magus / Janus and Schala / Kid would be at Crono's grave.  I can definitely see Kid as Kid there, with Lucca.  Lucca saying something like, accept the future or something.  Quote the letter she sent to Kid in Chrono Cross.  That would make more sense.

Not bad over all though.  It should be interesting to see the many different perspectives and / or directions this story can take us.

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Music
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2005, 10:35:35 am »
Duh, Philip! I'm so stupid. In this time period, the TD has Schala, so she can't be there, Magus should be there with Lucca and Lucca will be holding baby Kid in her arms and Magus will be holding the pendant/necklace that Kid has. Magus should be there because Crono was the one who helped him destroy Lavos and felt some kind of connection to Crono.