Author Topic: Chrono Cross controller problem  (Read 1793 times)

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
Chrono Cross controller problem
« on: November 19, 2005, 01:34:25 pm »
I'm sorry for asking such a dumb question, but i already searched in dozens of forums but i didnt find any help. You're my last hope...
I try to play CC with epsxe 1.6 again, but it doesn't work. "Doesn't work" in this case means that the controlling is totally f'ed up. I use an official Nintendo Gamecube pad with cube connector, it works fine with every other appliacation like games/emulations. I config it ingame, but when i launch the game, i need to for example press L1/2 to start a new game, rename char etc...other buttons doesn't work at all. I tried it with keyboard, but nothing works with it. I can't try another game, because i dont've one, but it doesn't work if i start the bios(or whatever u do with it), too. I tried an old epsxe version, doesn't work either, nor does reconfigurate epsxe. I donno why it doesnt work anymore(thats why i asked), but it worked on my first playthrough...

I don't think it's needed, but here the plugins/configs i use:
Video
P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.15
- 640x480 Window mode
- Stretch mode: 2
- Dither mode: 0
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: 60
- Scanlines: disabled
- Game fixes: on [00000001]

Sound:
P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.8
- Mode 1
- Volume 1
- Reverb 2
- Interpolation 2
- Enable XA playing
- Change XA speed
- Enable Sound (ADPCM)

CDrom:
Something i don't use

*try to sound pathetic*please help me :cry:

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Oh how I wish to dream again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 04:11:32 pm »
I've heard that a lot of people have problems with Chrono Cross and ePSXe 1.6, so try a previous version, like 1.5.2 which should work fine.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 05:01:52 pm »
I already tried the last 2 versions, didn't work :cry:

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 07:13:45 pm »
You can always play with the keyboard, although that sucks.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 07:19:52 pm »
I tried it with keyboard, but nothing works with it.

I meant nothing, not a single button i did configurate does work wiht the keyboard. The pad has at least a few buttons working...
Does noone have a similar problem? Maybe someone can tell me his config to c if it works with another one...

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 12:09:55 am »
I use 1.6 and a USB controller, and I've used the keyboard in the past. The problem is likely with your input plugin. Find a new one. Google helps.

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 04:27:20 am »
Quote from: CyberSarkany
I tried it with keyboard, but nothing works with it.

I meant nothing, not a single button i did configurate does work wiht the keyboard. The pad has at least a few buttons working...
Does noone have a similar problem? Maybe someone can tell me his config to c if it works with another one...

A few years ago, I had a similar problem: some games couldn't work with my keyboard. The problem was that the default language was set to Greek and these games didn't recognize it. Are you sure your keyboard is turned to English?

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 07:59:46 am »
Ahm...english...*cough*no*cough*, But the small button at the taskbar (where u could change the "language-keyboard-style") isn't there anymore, and i donno how to change it in the system control...but if this is the problem, why doesn't the gamepad work then?

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2005, 12:22:35 pm »
Quote from: CyberSarkany
Ahm...english...*cough*no*cough*, But the small button at the taskbar (where u could change the "language-keyboard-style") isn't there anymore, and i donno how to change it in the system control...but if this is the problem, why doesn't the gamepad work then?

If you have Windows XP, the setting is in (something like) Control Panel > Local and Language Settings > Languages > Details. Set English as default, reboot and try again. It's worth to try.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 01:39:00 pm »
Oki i tried...
The buttons up/down/left/right (arrows) and start(spacebar) are working, the rest...well...isn't. But tx for helping me, even when it was just a try...
Can it be some kind of bug? or even a spyware or whatever? or is it the Bios i use(SCPH1001)?
This sux :cry:
What configs do u guys use? Are there any controller plugins, haven't seen any possibility to change it thou...

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2005, 11:56:48 am »
I checked everything again, there is no way to change the controller plugin... I've no virus nor spyware or whatever on my pc which could be the problem. Are there any other emulaters (don't want a link just a name) which run CC near as good?