Poll

Which of the following enemies did you find to be toughest when you first encountered it?

Lavos (1st form)
1 (1.8%)
Lavos (2nd form)
2 (3.6%)
Lavos (3rd form)
6 (10.7%)
Magus (either encounter)
8 (14.3%)
Spekkio (Nu form)
9 (16.1%)
Mother Brain, Son of Sun, or another "optional" boss
15 (26.8%)
MasaMune
1 (1.8%)
Other
14 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: November 19, 2005, 01:22:35 am

Author Topic: Toughest enemy in the game? (1st encounter)  (Read 13223 times)

Theicedragon

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Toughest enemy in the game? (1st encounter)
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2005, 10:24:28 am »
I also thought that Mother Brain  and Son of sun were the hardest. When I fought Giga Gaia I had falcon hit so it kinda made it easier, but I still died 4-5 times before I beat him.  But Mother Brain and Son of sun made me feel like I should have bought a strategy guide.  Son of sun fooled the hell out of me.  I score a hit on my first try, but i didn't know that it was a roulette style boss.  So i'm over confident on my next turn and I caused 0 damage.  I had frog and Marle with me so I was like, "Lets freeze the hell out of him".  10 tries later I was crying out of frustration.  Definately the hardest if you didn't figure out the tactic to beat him.  (I was 12 at the time, a little on the slow side, lol)

The Shadow

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Lavos
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2005, 06:20:42 pm »
I guess the toughest character when you first face him is Lavos first form, mainly because it's then you realize that you have to beat EVERY SINGLE BOSS ALL OVER AGAIN!

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2006, 04:11:47 pm »
I don't think you have to beat every boss at lavos 1st form, the last 1 is Giga Gaya, but there is for example no golem or the Masa&Mune fight(not fused form), but he is hard, especially if you go through the bucket with level 10 and very bad weapons and stuff.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Re: Lavos
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2006, 10:47:57 pm »
Quote from: The Shadow
I guess the toughest character when you first face him is Lavos first form, mainly because it's then you realize that you have to beat EVERY SINGLE BOSS ALL OVER AGAIN!

Yes, but most of them are simply no challenge at all as you're much more powerful now then you were when you fought them. The guardian in Arris dome shouldn't be all that scary now, right?

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2006, 01:13:15 pm »
Lavos Core, doubtlessly

Resurrected Ice

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2006, 03:49:36 pm »
Am I the only one who thought the first battle against Magus was one of the easiest in the game (even for my first time) >_>?

No, I thought he was quite easy myself and I did beat him on my first time playing.  Just the amount of HP at the point most people are at in CT is the only thing that would be semi-intimidating.

Anyway, I chose MB, SOS option.  However, I thought the Mother Brain was easy.  A blast of Luminaire, followed by the most powerful attacks my other two characters had at that time (I don't remember who I had my first time around as that was years ago...) and I sent her packing with ease.

But Son of Sun drove me insane the first time around as I didn't know how to fight him at all....I don't want to remember how many times I reset the game because I was getting my ass kicked and couldn't figure out how to fight him.  I think I figured it out by luck over anything and then in the future, it was a much easier battle.

Giga Gaia also gave me a shitload of trouble my first time around with his Double Handblaster attacks.  I had to have gotten my ass kicked at least 3-4 times with my first time fighting him.  I think the original way I beat him was with a lot of using Ice Sword 2 because it was the most powerful thing I had at the time.  I think a while later, I figured out that Falcon Hit is a good way to take his arms out quick though being that most people don't have Luminaire yet at that point.

ultramarine

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2006, 04:45:43 pm »
Golem Twins was the hardest

Giga Gaia was easy for me.  I used Crono, Robo, Frog to beat him.  Just kept using Robo's Uzzi Punch to take out the hands, Frog to heal, and Crono to attack the main body.

The Son of Sun was also easy for me because I equpied Robo with a Red Vest.  My whole party died except for Robo because the Red Vest absorbs most of Son of Sun's attacks.  After a while I eventually won.

The Mother Brain was also really easy for me.  I'm not sure why but i beat Mother Brain in only a few turns.  Maybe my people were too strong?

But the Golem Twins were really tough for me to beat.  Their attacks were just too much.  I ended up using Robo and Crono's Max Cyclone to take one out and the last one was easy.

Resurrected Ice

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2006, 05:55:59 pm »
But the Golem Twins were really tough for me to beat. Their attacks were just too much. I ended up using Robo and Crono's Max Cyclone to take one out and the last one was easy.

The best way I found to take these guys out was by having either Frog and/or Marle in your party.  Use any other characters and/or methods of attack, but ALWAYS make sure Water 2 or Ice 2 is cast last in the character turns.  That way, they'll copycat water and attack with it.  And their water attacks by far were the least lethal for me.

bryankot

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Toughest enemy in the game? (1st encounter)
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2006, 06:04:34 pm »
Embarassingly enough I had a huge amount of trouble with the Heckran on my first play through. In my defense I'd like to imagine that  Robo was in my party and I was working with some pretty low level characters, but 11 years is a long time to remember excuses.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2006, 10:33:25 am »
I agree Magus was quite easy.  But i have to agree with mystik, that god damn desert boss was the hardest one i faught.  For some reason, Lavos seemed to be one of the easier ones =/

Sabrams87

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2006, 04:51:43 pm »
Son of Sun if you didn't prepare beforehand and Lavos' third form if you didn't know the trick to beating him.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2006, 12:52:48 am »
Lavos that you fought in the Ocean Palace. This guy is impossible to beat except in game plus.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2006, 10:51:48 am »
^
No... :lee:
Tactic + Fionas Sidequest + most techs from Rubble at mount Woe = easy win.
Okey, maybe not on the first time you play it, but it's not THAT hard.

Daid

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2006, 10:09:07 am »
Lavos in Ocean Palace.
Killed me in 2 hits.
:(

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2006, 07:08:52 pm »
Seeing as this is titled "Toughest enemy in the game" and for a very first encounter, I would say Lavos in the Ocean Palace the first time through. I mean come on, you can't even defeat it.... that is, if you count this as an enemy.