Author Topic: Progress  (Read 1825 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Progress
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2005, 11:52:46 pm »
All text will be done by people whose name on these boards is not jsondag2, however I'm not going to let it slow me down, it'll be easy enough to change once were to that point.  I want to point out that the top post of this thread does indeed change.  And with that Handy dandy export feature it's easy enough for people to make some maps.  Of note is the Singing Mountain Map and the new 65,000,000,000 Overworld.  Stuff for regular citizens to say is always nice, I seriously do take note of people suggestions.  We need stuff for Guardia and Porrean citizens to say after Porre attacks Zenan Bridge.

Chickenlump has been kind enough to say that he's going to go through and clean up 1 or 2 locations. Once I finish Chronopolis I'll work on cleaning up myself.  I'm slightly worried about 65,000,000,000.

Also I'm not sure on what it takes to change enemy sprites.  I'd like the Dragon Tank to look like a real tank, and then I think it'd be cool even to do something small like changing the enemies colors, maybe make them all a shade or two darker and more intimidating.

--jp

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Progress
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2005, 12:49:06 am »
We'll have to decompress the graphics, edit them, and recompress. The hard part is finding the graphics themselves; I have no experience in using pointers to find things, but I'm sure good inspection by a real rom hacker can deduce where the game is pulling the Dragon Tank's graphics from.

When we copy the exported data over to a new rom, we'll just leave 65000000 B.C. behind. The new rom's 65kk B.C. will be fine.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Progress
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2005, 01:47:01 am »
I fixed the shoreline in 12000 B.C.:

http://ce.herograw.org/Library/new12kbc.Flux

By the way JP, if I haven't given you the FTP info, let me know.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Progress
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2006, 04:00:44 pm »
Thread transferred to new task schedule.