Author Topic: Probably gunna have to pull in Geiger for this one  (Read 1751 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Probably gunna have to pull in Geiger for this one
« on: November 18, 2005, 09:49:51 pm »
OK it took me corrupting about 10 roms but I finally found a bug that I was having with TF.  For some reason I'd be messing with the rom and open it the next day and it just wouldn't open.  I did the changes I was doing one at a time and finally realized it was because I was reducing the exits in an area from A to 2.  .....I should have found it earlier cause I realized later that the progress at the bottom would get to "loading location exits before it error'd.  I'm hoping I can do a work around by  just keeping the exits and changing their destination, but I was just wondering if there's a cleaner solution...or I'm kinda interested in why this happens, it'd make more sense to me if I was adding exits and it error'd, but not deleting.

Maybe something to add to 2.0....or just a quick heads up

--jp

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 06:10:31 am »
What's the specific location you're removing exits from?  I'll have a look into this.

edit: No success.  Appears to be a corruption bug, I just stumbled upon a similar situation in the overworld, but it occured from creating exits, not removing.  The status bar says Decompressing Overworld Exits along with the crash.

Any other specifics?  Ex: after changing the exits, did you modify any tiles on the map, change solidity, or change event code, etc.?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 12:39:09 pm »
{196} I moved the exits from A to 2.  I literally did one thing, saved, closed tf, opened tfmade sure everything else was ok, did another thing, saved, closed tf, open tf, made sure everything else was ok, did one thing etc.  So it's definately exits.  Oh yea, for me atleast it was fine until you closed tf and opened it again.  Well .....I guess it could be because I added 2 exits to last village before I did all this, but the corruption definately was because of the exits.  Last village was the overworld that got destroyed for me.

--jp