Author Topic: Join the Stream team  (Read 7464 times)

kickacecrono0091

Join the Stream team
« on: November 13, 2005, 08:36:19 pm »
Currently, now that a couple of our team have left, we need some new recruits. We need above all, someone who can use RPGMaker XP or 2K3 with no problem. The person also needs to have RPGMaker XP or 2K3. We also are looking for someone to do the audio. If you are a skilled with music and sound, please come. I'll let you know about more opendings in the future.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
Join the Stream team
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 10:27:09 pm »
Though I'm not quite in a situation yet to do quality stuff, I'd be happy to be the music guy. Music is really my life, my final pursuit, so I'd love to. But as I said, now isn't quite the time. If you're getting near the end of production and I'm still not in a situation to work on it, then I'd suggest ditching me (if you're willing to wait even that long for me) for someone else.

Not so sure about sound, though... :roll:

kickacecrono0091

Join the Stream team
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 10:19:11 pm »
Great! Well when you are ready, PM me! Thanks!

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Join the Stream team
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 03:57:03 am »
Production? Start? Have we even begun anything yet?
Oh, and is this project illegal, since we are making out own story?

BlueThunder

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Re: Join the Stream team
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 12:49:21 pm »
Quote from: kickacecrono0091
Currently, now that a couple of our team have left, we need some new recruits. We need above all, someone who can use RPGMaker XP or 2K3 with no problem. The person also needs to have RPGMaker XP or 2K3. We also are looking for someone to do the audio. If you are a skilled with music and sound, please come. I'll let you know about more opendings in the future.

I am also busy. I don't know when I am free but I can do it.Just wait and I can do what you need help with, just not yet.

kickacecrono0091

Join the Stream team
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 05:45:30 pm »
We probably wont get to doing music in a while anyway. Also, I don't think it's illegal. We're not making a profit off of it or anything after all.

Wiesty

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gmreborn.tloveland.com
Join the Stream team
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 09:14:22 pm »
Ya azarath promised me a spot on music a long time back too, so

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Join the Stream team
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 09:00:54 am »
That I did. Wiesty is in command of the music. I'll see what I can do during school when I have the chance. OK? Cya later.

kickacecrono0091

Join the Stream team
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 09:40:23 pm »
O sorry. In that case forget about the music job.

EDIT:Actually, if anybody wants to help Wiesty with the tunes, that's good to.

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Join the Stream team
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 04:40:15 pm »
I would like to, I actually a really great composer, but I dont have any composition software, so I wouldn't be able to have it in a digital medium for you. I do however have a friend with soundforge, that he never uses. I reckon I could get him to give it to me, and I could do some sound effects. But then again, you'd probably want to just rip some from the game to keep it sounding authentic.

kickacecrono0091

Join the Stream team
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 05:44:29 pm »
Well if you manage to get that from your friend that'd be great! If you can, it'd be great to have you!

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/solid_star_16
Join the Stream team
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 06:28:58 pm »
Agreed.  The more the merrier in here.  I have a few of the original sounds we're keeping, as of now, but new sounds and / or music would be greatly appreciated.

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Join the Stream team
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 09:44:04 am »
OK. I got soundforge. I'm going to have to spend some time fiddling with it, and playing with it to see how it works, and what I can actually do with it.
So far it seems pretty unlimited soundwise.

EDIT: How long does it take to learn RPGmaker? I have started, and I am wondering when Ill be able to actually do something constructive.

AFTEREDIT: Will I be able to do stuff like export the game in the trial version?

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/solid_star_16
Join the Stream team
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 12:02:56 pm »
Not too too long, but if you have prior programming experience, it helps a lot.  If you want, I can continue programming since I know what to do, and you can supply with whatever we come up with plot wise / music wise / sound effect wise.  I have almost an entire month of free time coming up, so I'll be able to do some major work on this project.

What I really need...
1) sound effects - any and all will work well.  Especially if you can either rip it from the game or create it yourself.  Menu sounds, battle sounds, magic sounds, etc are all very much needed (using defaults on much of them currently).

2) Music - I've got most of the original midi's to use so far.  All remixes are welcomed.  As of now, for Alex's story intro, I'm using a Time's Scar remix I found on OCR.  It's a piano type piece, and it really can delve into your emotions.

3) Sprites - While thanks to COF, I have many many sprites, I still am going to need some.  For instance, I need the slave (can't remember the name we have currently), Vera, the woman we save (did we ever get a name for her), and one or two others we can come up with plot-wise.  I made Alex's character set and battle character set, and let me tell you, while it's not A+ work, it's still good for now.

4) We've got enough info for the beginning demo of the game.  However, we still need to work on plot's and subquests and the like.  Any and all ideas are welcomed as far as I'm concerned.

5) A place to upload this / send it to you all so you can check the progress, as by next week, there will be a very pretty, functional game demo to play.  

I'll upload more screens as to the beginning of Crono's story later.  But it pretty much starts off at Guardia Castle, with the king talking about uncertainty among the soldiers and how Porre hasn't talked to Guardia much lately.  Crono goes off on a quest and Marle joins him as she overheard and insisted to go too.  And off they go to Porre to check to see what's going on.

Yet to put in (let me know what you think):
- There's 3 training ground type places in Porre.  North, West, and East.  I figure info can be acquired there as to a mission going on in the West.
- They go and find a forest (Forbidden Forest / Cursed Woods / whatever).  
- Enter the forest quest.  
- Eventually they come to a cave... and in the cave they go around and eventually go to find soldiers slaughtered and a near dead Alex.
- They fight a monster and Crono carries Alex to a Porre hospital.
- After I have a question mark.

A continuation of Alex's story (which I did put in last night) is that he wawkes up in the hospital and has slight memory loss (as the receptionist will let on).  Her name is Clara (for now) and there may have been something going on between those two.  We'll see what people think.  Anyways, then Alex is able to leave.. after that, I have another question mark.

Anyways, let me know what you all think.

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Join the Stream team
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2005, 12:41:16 pm »
Hmmm, that's pretty good. I' pretty close to getting my internet back. I need a new tower (my dog peed on it, the stupid dumbass) then put internet back on. All the plot add-ons are sounding pretty good. I really like the memory loss thing for Alexander, especially if he killed the king. If he killed the king and forgot that, sometime during the game, the ghost of the king will come to him in a dream and speak with him. After hearing the truth, Alexander goes mad and holds "Clara" hostage and is wounded by Crono and the ghost of the king saves him. Alexander is brought to the demon king and is locked away and near the end of the game, Crono, Clara, and two other party members destroy the domon lord (Let's call him Lavos' Enmity for now) and save Alexander, who in turn becomes the final boss. Alexander will fight one-on-one with Crono and they will kill each other. Crono's new-born son will become king when he comes of age. Well, that's all I got for right now. Tell me what you think? OH yeah, and Lavos' Enmity had taken Porre under control and forced them to infiltrate Guardia. The game will end with the gravestone of Crono's glowing and Magus and Schala standing next to it.