Poll

11/19/05 - What would be most important for Chrono Break?

A new boss; Lavos should be buried in history.
1 (2.3%)
A solid cast of characters and cameos.
2 (4.7%)
New musical exploration by Mitsuda.
2 (4.7%)
A story as deep as Cross and well directed as Trigger.
29 (67.4%)
New themes on time and dimensional travel.
2 (4.7%)
A return to old places, like Zeal.
7 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: November 12, 2005, 12:39:41 am

Author Topic: 11/19/05 - What'd most important for Chrono Break?  (Read 5921 times)

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Oh how I wish to dream again...
    • View Profile
11/19/05 - What'd most important for Chrono Break?
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2005, 02:22:07 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
I don't know about the irrelevence factor just by changing the villain...

I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't like another villain. I mean, I've killed Lavos twice - I can't stand killing somebody else in the third game.  :lol:

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2005, 02:32:50 pm »
Quote from: fxar99
I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't like another villain. I mean, I've killed Lavos twice - I can't stand killing somebody else in the third game.  :lol:

Yeah, but could they get the shock factor again? I mean, come on, they can only shock you once with something like that.

Unless of course, they make him in human form. Then that would be shocking indeed. :shock:

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2005, 03:28:39 pm »

Having Lavos as a "Background" villian is a must, but I think it would be nice to have a different "Main" villian in CB.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2005, 04:03:09 pm »
Oo, Belthasar can be the new boss. Kinda like Kefka. He's all godly and powerful now, and theres no one to stop him, MUWAHAHAHA! *cough*

Dragoness

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2005, 09:07:01 pm »
I vote for A story as deep as Cross and well directed as Trigger.

Though, they are ALL good.

Belthasar as a villan?

YES! That means I can kick his ar*e for all trouble he made me go though!

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2005, 11:03:24 pm »
I'm hoping for a continuation of Cross's dream-like atmosphere, personally. And CT's cast setup (7 characters with plot developement> 44 characters with nearly zilch).

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2005, 12:30:46 am »
Quote from: Zaperking
Oo, Belthasar can be the new boss. Kinda like Kefka. He's all godly and powerful now, and theres no one to stop him, MUWAHAHAHA! *cough*

I'm sorry, but I wasn't aware we knew ANYTHING at all about his combat capabilities.

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/solid_star_16
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2005, 12:42:40 am »
We know Lavos is not of the planet... maybe there are more out there.  They drop in one to two at a time... CB: Attack of the Lavoids.  I dunno, something to think about.

As for the poll - personally, I think it should be a mix between a solid cast of characters and a story as deep as cross and as well directed as Trigger.  But for votings sake, I'm going for the latter of the two.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2005, 01:27:07 am »
Quote from: Sentenal

I'm sorry, but I wasn't aware we knew ANYTHING at all about his combat capabilities.

Kefka wasn't strong until he gained the power of all those espers, and the goddess statues. Belthasar could do something similar :P

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2005, 01:55:49 am »

Kefka wasn't strong until he gained the power of all those espers, and the goddess statues. Belthasar could do something similar :P

Belthasar: Fools! Now I control the Sun Stone! Behold, the power of God Lord Belthasar!
Crono: Sucker! I switched that out with a fake when you weren't looking.
Belthasar: No...it's a faaaaaake!!
Crono: *Luminaire*

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2005, 04:17:13 am »
Call me a fuddy duddy, but sometimes I just see stuff as spammy instead of funny...holy shnikey! That rhymed!...kinda...>_>

I could be wrong, but I think Zaperking isn't referring to his 'combat potential' or w/e, but the fact that he's powerful in his ability to orchestrate mass...destruction? Confusion? Plot...stuffs? I'm sure there's a word for what I'm looking for that belongs here, but it's lost to me at the time...*heh heh*

Quote from: Your King

I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't like another villain. I mean, I've killed Lavos twice - I can't stand killing somebody else in the third game. :lol:

Yeah, but just because you don't like the idea of having another villain doesn't make it any more or less relevent...

The idea of multiple or more Lavos coming to the same planet seems a bit rediculous, though, doesn't it? I mean, especially since we went to the future in Trigger and saw that there just aren't more Lavos there, right?

I say if you need to go down the beaten path that is Lavos, check out it's origin. How was it created? Where is the planet that it came from (if it came from one as a spawn at all)? Was it a weapon? Where are the others and what are they up to?

But then again, I think Lavos is old news now. We know mostly what it does and why it does it...There are gaps that can be filled, but I don't know if they'd be as interesting as other Chrono happenings...

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2005, 04:56:50 am »
How about we DONT have Chrono Break. Excuse me, because I havent played CC, but hasnt it already been finished? The only thing now is Magus, and that is it. Just do what they are supposed to do. If they need Lavos, so be it. If they dont, then dont bother. Making Belthasar boss is just stupid (i know it was just a joke)

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2005, 06:13:54 am »
Hey, Belthasar did orientate the whole of CC. Imagine what else he could do.
Anyway, CB should revolve around Schala and what happened after 00 and stuff.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2005, 06:15:03 am »
Well, there's Magus, Schala, each of the Gurus, the Fall of Guardia, the origin of Lavos, etc. There's, if I may, MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE!!!

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2005, 08:53:44 am »
Well, there's Magus, Schala, each of the Gurus, the Fall of Guardia, the origin of Lavos, etc. There's, if I may, MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE!!!

There's also the "space capsule" in Lucca's orphanage. I want to know why she built a "space capsule".
Hey, Belthasar did orientate the whole of CC. Imagine what else he could do.

I have a crazy idea: CB should be about Crono and co. traveling in time to try to fix all the plot-holes that existed in the former Projects Kid that Belthasar tested in some time lines preceding CC. If you get the best ending, there's no plot-hole left for CC but Crono and the party still mysteriously disappear in the fall of Guardia :P