Poll

11/19/05 - What would be most important for Chrono Break?

A new boss; Lavos should be buried in history.
1 (2.3%)
A solid cast of characters and cameos.
2 (4.7%)
New musical exploration by Mitsuda.
2 (4.7%)
A story as deep as Cross and well directed as Trigger.
29 (67.4%)
New themes on time and dimensional travel.
2 (4.7%)
A return to old places, like Zeal.
7 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: November 12, 2005, 12:39:41 am

Author Topic: 11/19/05 - What'd most important for Chrono Break?  (Read 5925 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
11/19/05 - What'd most important for Chrono Break?
« on: November 12, 2005, 12:39:41 am »
What would you like to see in a new Chrono game?

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 12:58:38 am »
I wish you could combine answers...=(

I'd say both the deep plot of CC and direction of CT, but it wouldn't be the same without Mitsuda, not at all. And a new boss besides Lavos would be nice, but the others aren't necessary. The themes of time travel and dimension are pretty deep and complex as is, and more exploration and answering of those cryptic systems would be awesome. I'd prefer character focus like CT more than CC, but we don't need the same characters, though cameos would be awesome.

And Zeal? Please. Old places maybe, but I buried Zeal a long long time ago.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 01:10:33 am »
I say that we need a new direction for it, travel wise I mean. What could CB mean? Breaking the fourth wall perhaps? Letting you be the main charater?

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 01:47:01 am »
Story #1, Characters #2.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 03:00:14 am »
Kato, Kato, and Kato. He's the only thing that I'd consider a MUST...Thus followed by Mitsuda and a return by Toriyama would be nice as well...

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 03:39:20 am »
A new boss; Lavos should be buried in history.
  A solid cast of characters and cameos.
  New musical exploration by Mitsuda.
  A story as deep as Cross and well directed as Trigger.
  New themes on time and dimensional travel.
  A return to old places, like Zeal.
To bad I can't vote for all of those :'(

A new boss would be great. Maybe now, they have to face against the Entity, who really used them! OMFG!
We need cameos :D I don't think the game would be good if it worked like CC, with 40 characters and only like 3 in depth ones. I think a CB would need either old characters or new characters who have something to do with the old, and would be created in depth. Everyone wants to see a Magus reappearance :P I really want to know what became of Schala/Kid.
Any Chrono game needs Mitsuda! He makes the plot sound even better (mind the pun, it was unintended).
We would need Kato again :D And this time, hopefully he'd avoid any plot holes :D
You'd obviousally need new themes on time travel and dimensional travel, or atleast some light on how it works. Like why was Serge dying such a big benifactor to the new dimension? How come Marle dissapeared whilst no one else does, etc.
Returning to Zeal would be fun, but we already know what happens, unless we can change it again Oo

LONG LIVE THE CHRONO SERIES.
LONG LIVE THE HOPE OF CHRONO BREAK!

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 04:35:57 am »
Didnt we already have this thread?
Well, just this. Great characters, great story, great animations and great music...as well as an innovative touch

Dirtie

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2005, 05:31:22 am »
Toriyama coming back to do the art direction would be excellent, I preferred the look of the characters in CT over the ones in CC.
Secondly, a return to a couple of places that should be recognizable to CT/CC fans, but perhaps only vaguely.
A nice battle system would be great too, something based on the CT one, but including aspects from CC as well.
I don't care all that much for a deep story. Sure the information should be there, should someone want to delve into it, and explore a little bit more, and talk to more characters, but gamers shouldn't be forced into reading long, seemingly senseless dialog. I think this is one of the reasons CC wasn't as popular as it could have been, my younger brother played through the game, and that was his only gripe.
Cameos would be nice :)
Of course Mitsuda would be instrumental (pun intended) in creating a fantastic game, music plays a huge part.
New themes on time and such should be avoided in my opinion, it's hard enough making sense of current timeline theories, let alone adding a whole lot more stuff into the mix.

ker-plop

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/67903/
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2005, 10:35:51 am »
New characters and a new story would be fine... I just hope it would cover the Porre Military and what happened in Guardia in 1005 AD.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2005, 11:09:03 am »
"A story as deep as Cross and well directed as Trigger."

That captures the two most important elements in my enjoyment of a game. The music is a close third, but I had to vote for this one. Whatever Chrono 4 is about, it needs a deep story and a fleet director.

ZellTT

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2005, 06:07:13 pm »
Man, this is hard for me to decide, but I'll choose a plot as deep as Chrono Cross, but as well directed as Chrono Trigger. Second would be characters, then Mitsuada's music.

Story comes first in my book. CT story was fun and exciting, while CC story was deep and a mysterious until the end (well, to me at least.).

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2005, 04:49:36 am »
Well of course CC was mysterious until the end...that's when you're finally told wtf's been going on and what it's all about! So, no, you're not alone...No one else knew wtf was happening until then either...

Oh, and nice to see a fellow member from Tac-Town! 253! Whut whut!

I gots hoes...in different area codes...from 253...to 360!

(that joke's only funny to people in Pierce County, Washington...if that)

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Oh how I wish to dream again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2005, 11:41:55 am »
I haven't voted yet, since I haven't decided which of all this I want most.

However, I must say that a new boss would make the story more irrelevant with the previous games. Especially if that boss was the Entity, the game would be ruined (how would you fight it? It's not matter, after all).

The ideal character count for me is about 15. More than Trigger, less than Cross. But with a story about twice as lengthy as Cross.

New music by Mitsuda? Is there any sane person on the Earth who would say "no" to this?

Story? Deep? Deeper than the current? Yeah. Probably. Masato Kato tends to create new questions instead of answering the old ones. If Chrono Break ever comes out, the Compendium will fill with posts. :P But will Masato Kato ever work for Square Enix again?

Time and dimension travelling? Hell, yes, yes and yes!

Old places? Yes! Like Zeal? Hmmm... Are we guys sure that Zeal will have the same mystery if it becomes 3D? Just try to imagine it.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2005, 12:35:32 pm »
Quote from: fxar99
But will Masato Kato ever work for Square Enix again?

He's currently working for them with Children of Mana.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2005, 02:13:03 pm »
Yeah, just because someone splits to become freelance, that doesn't mean they can't continue to work w/the company they split from...It'd just cost more is all...>_> But it's Kato we're talkin about! His name should be a franchise by now...He deserves it.

I don't know about the irrelevence factor just by changing the villain...I mean, you could go in a lot of different routes within the Chronoverse (for lack of a better term)...I mean, heck, just look at RD.