Poll

11/19/05 - What would be most important for Chrono Break?

A new boss; Lavos should be buried in history.
1 (2.3%)
A solid cast of characters and cameos.
2 (4.7%)
New musical exploration by Mitsuda.
2 (4.7%)
A story as deep as Cross and well directed as Trigger.
29 (67.4%)
New themes on time and dimensional travel.
2 (4.7%)
A return to old places, like Zeal.
7 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: November 12, 2005, 12:39:41 am

Author Topic: 11/19/05 - What'd most important for Chrono Break?  (Read 5966 times)

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
11/19/05 - What'd most important for Chrono Break?
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2005, 04:46:25 pm »
BZ, your claim is simply untrue. There were plenty of unanswered questions left after CT, and CC while following true to the original storyline simply left us with even more. There are plenty of options for Kato to choose on where to take the next game, if he doesn't pull another CC, answer some questions, and simply add a ton more =)

Lavos is indeed old news. There's nothing more Lavos could be milked for that makes sense. And Belthasar is a good guy, though a bit loony. He could indeed have the power to fuck up alot of things, but he seems to have the good of the universe in his mind. I'd like to see the Entity more involved in CB somehow, personally.

Oh, and Kefka was indeed strong before that Breaking the World stuff, but just not as God-like.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2005, 07:10:41 pm »
Quote from: Burning Zeppelin
How about we DONT have Chrono Break. Excuse me, because I havent played CC, but hasnt it already been finished? The only thing now is Magus, and that is it. Just do what they are supposed to do. If they need Lavos, so be it. If they dont, then dont bother. Making Belthasar boss is just stupid (i know it was just a joke)

You disqualified your entire post when you said you haven't played CC.  CC introduced many things that require a sequel to answer.

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Oh how I wish to dream again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2005, 12:33:06 pm »
The idea of many Lavoses seems ridiculous to me, not because they couldn't be found, but only because this belittles the power Lavos we know and tried so hard to defeat.

Belthasar as a villain can't be serious, because there is no way for him to be a villain, after everything he has done for "our" side.

Travelling to the planet of Lavos and discovering its origins... That's the only idea I like (actually, it's what I always had in mind about CB).

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2005, 02:41:01 pm »
I'd actually prefer to keep my memory of Lavos as not the corny, "in every Chrono sequel, even if it's to wait tables," and just let him be finished a la the end of Chrono Cross. I hope they would expand on the thoughts and feelings of the planet etc. like the themes in Cross (Dragon Gods, pulling Dinopolis back etc.)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2005, 03:57:25 pm »
A new story as deep as CC and as well directed as CT is winning by 67%[19]

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2005, 05:55:56 pm »
Well, in my opinion there can be no better premise for CB, so I'm not surprised.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2005, 07:37:07 pm »
Quote from: Kazuki
Well, in my opinion there can be no better premise for CB, so I'm not surprised.

True, but I do hope for a new way of travel.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2005, 08:45:24 pm »
Look, I dont want gimmicks (though a new way to travel would be nice). I dont want voice activation and camera and shit. I want a solid RPG, one like FF6, though in 3D

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2005, 09:03:12 pm »
Quote from: Burning Zeppelin
Look, I dont want gimmicks (though a new way to travel would be nice). I dont want voice activation and camera and shit. I want a solid RPG, one like FF6, though in 3D

Agreed, can't all games be like that?

Remember that Sony game that used their headset? pathetic

Crono_Maniac

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2005, 08:25:43 pm »
I know, wormholes!  You travel through space rather than time or dimensions!  (That's my idea, it's going into my fangame).

Dalton!!!! He should return!  He was a summoner!

NO ONE, takes Dalton seriously.

He should be the main villian in Chrono Break! Read the Dalton Thread in the character section. For my idea. I mean, I'm writing a fan-game.

Dalton was clearly not pleased with Zeal. He took the throne immediatly when it became empty. He was selfish and cruel. And just look at his taste in music! Who wouldn't like the CT theme??

Dalton was a great character. Picture this: Dalton goes in hole to who-knows-where. Who-knows-where = tesseract. Dalton meets with Lavos, and with their combined power, channel energy through Schala's Pendant. Escapes Tesseract. Lavos is weak. Can't destroy Earth. Build's doomesday/space station/Astro Dalton Imperial. Dalton becomes amazing summoner. Summons more than Golems. Summoner you find in game = Dalton clone/daughter/son/dimensional counterpart.

There's Dalton's story...

Main Character Name: Tina
Homeland/time: Mainland El Nido of 2000 AD.
Weapon: Katana
Element: Ice/Water (no healing)
Story: Great Great Great (great great great...) granddaughter of Leena Serge (Kid seems more like the Lucca of the game to me, and Leena seemed like a much more likely canditate than Kid). Miguel = Crono (I saw that theory somewhere, google it before you critisize it)

Secondary Character Name: Ian
Homeland/time: Ditto
Weapon: Electric Bow and Arrow
Element: Light (healing mainly)
Story: Tina's Friend

This breaks some of the gender steriostypes. I've got a good custom battle system planned, somewhat of a cross between CT/CC/Megaman X: Command Mission. And you travel through wormholes that take you through space (rather than time or dimensions). Then at the end you go back in time to destroy Dalton/Lavos.

"To take a step foward is to take a step 820 years back in time."

That quote came from a game directly responssible for CT's making. I hope someone recognizes it.

It's still in the planning stages, but it's quite interesting. I might start a thread if it get's popular enough.

Done.

~Myself

He should come back!  Forgive me for the speeling mistakes.

Salvadeiro

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2005, 08:13:56 pm »
I'd definately want a just-as or even deeper story than of Chrono Trigger.  I'd also like to return to older places (coughZEALcough) at an earlier or later, but untouched time (the latter doesn't apply to Zeal).

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2005, 08:21:20 pm »
Yeah, my only real huge letdown with Chrono Cross was not getting to see Zeal in some form. I was drooling at the idea of it.

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2006, 10:27:40 am »
A story as deep as Cross and well directed as Trigger.

mondragon369

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • www.moniker.nl
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2006, 01:38:04 pm »
Deep story as far as I'm concerned.
Mitsuda and the characters come in a shared second place.
(oh and even though Chrono Cross looked beautiful I wouldn't mind sprites and hand drawn backgrounds)

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2006, 02:44:29 pm »
Story, thats what RPG's are all about.

I couldn't imagine what they could do to Lavos to have it be stronger than the Time Devourer. I mean c'mon, the destrcution of all space time? What is worse than that? A new villain is basically a must.