Author Topic: Favorite Place in an RPG  (Read 20987 times)

Aitrus

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Favorite Place in an RPG
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2004, 03:21:06 am »
I'm not sure where I'd love to be in all the RPG's I've played.  So, to make it simple, I'll go with the world of Myst (from the original game, mind you,) so that I can just write my own worlds to go to.

Braddeus

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Favorite Place in an RPG
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2004, 05:44:27 am »
A multitude of places....between Balamb, Water Dragon Isle, Lake Hylia and Narshe I'd gladly go to any of the four to have a Michelob Ultra and reflect.

1stoftheLast

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Favorite Place in an RPG
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2004, 07:34:28 pm »
Kiapo in Final Fantasy IV.  Just a small oasis town in the middle of the dessert.  To me it just seems very peacefull, very warm, very safe from the merciless sun and sand outside.

Ken Of Melee

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Favorite Place in an RPG
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2004, 10:26:50 pm »
The End of Time. Especially with the music, you get the feeling that your in a solitary spot in the universe.

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Favorite Place in an RPG
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2004, 10:52:06 pm »
The Crystal World at the end of FF9.  It wasnt my favorite game, but I just loved that place.  I also liked Zeal, and Alghetty.  The Black Omen was cool too.  I liked the FF4 final dungeon in the Moon.  yay.

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
Favorite Place in an RPG
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2004, 06:16:24 am »
Quote from: 1stoftheLast
Kiapo in Final Fantasy IV.  Just a small oasis town in the middle of the dessert.  To me it just seems very peacefull, very warm, very safe from the merciless sun and sand outside.

Better desert oasis town:  Dazil, in Xenogears.

Other good places:

Yggdrasil, Xenogears
Bledavik, Xenogears
Nortune, Xenogears
Shevat, Xenogears
Lahan, Xenogears

Sense a pattern?

chronotriggerfreak

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://ctf.sytes.net/
Favorite Place in an RPG
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2004, 07:40:52 pm »
You and your Xenogears. That game has got to be the most over-hyped thing ever.

I'm sorry, that's a hateful lie, I'm just jealous that I'll probably never get the chance to play it... :cry:  :wink:  

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Favorite Place in an RPG
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2004, 10:36:18 pm »
In a world with FF7, you call Xenogears over-hyped? Although, Xenogears is a very "love it or hate it" type of game. I for one, loved it.

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
Favorite Place in an RPG
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2004, 03:53:57 am »
Hell, most loved it.  I've talked to very, VERY few who hated it.  Of course, RD's right, it is love it or hate it: As few people as I know that hated it, even fewer thought it was just all right or just decent.

BunnyFighter877

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=RandomReels778
Favorite Place in an RPG
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2004, 06:36:13 am »
My favorite place is that Nimbus Land(I think thats what it's called) in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. I just love the clouds and that funny little cloud bus thingy you use!

Green Dream

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Favorite Place in an RPG
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2004, 12:14:25 am »
Doom island in Lufia 1.  Such a legacy put into that place.  That game had a great beginning and ending, but the middle was a botched attempt to put the whole thing together.

Although, Viper manor in Radical Dreamers, that place couldn't be beat very easily either.  Chrono Trigger with a gothic feel to it was always best.  Remember Magus's Castle.  That place was nice too.  Viper Manor RD style was better though.

Chibi-Bob

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://livejournal.com/~chibibob
Favorite Place in an RPG
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2004, 07:35:03 pm »
My most favorite place of all time?

Anywhere NOT in Xenogears Land. ;3

Seriously, I have quite a few favorites. I am in LOVE with Nadia's Bell on the top of Gheddon's Tower--the music is enchanting, you get to see Marle running around with a short skirt (haha XD *points, laughs), Miguel has got to be one of the hardest bosses to fight at that part of the game if you hate stat-boosting (like me), and the sunset is just AWESOME. I also like Memoria from FFIX (especially the Crystal World) and the Ancient Forest in Final Fantasy VII. Those ARE some darn hard puzzles to figure out if you play like a decent person without an internet printout in front of you. >P Oh yes, and one more place I love--Energy Nede, in Star Ocean 2. Excel was just too... blah, but Energy Nede added a whole new twist to the game (and it also added Chisato >D).

Oh yeah! The entire game of Radical Dreamers and Castlevania SotN. >P

Phoenix Rebirth

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Favorite Place in an RPG
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2004, 08:31:47 am »
Grr... Someone beat me to posting the EoT.  I love that place ^_^ Watching over the different times.. the music... that weird guy sleeping against a light post... and most of all....SPEKKIO.  Another place would have to be The Overlord's Castle in Disgaea: The hour of darkness. :evil:  :twisted: hehehe emoticon thingys :D  :)  :(  :o

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Favorite Place in an RPG
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2004, 02:11:02 am »
My most favorite place would probably be the summit of Death Peak from Chrono Trigger.  It's such an important place in the game, and the sky in background is AWESOME!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Favorite Place in an RPG
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2005, 10:51:39 pm »
Though the last post was done almost a year ago, I'd like to add

FFVII - Gaea's Cliff Base camp

As a location. Barret wasn't lying when he said the nature there was awesome; seeing that flag fly and the path curve upward to twilight is breathtaking. Also, the actual building is very well done and cozy, and the roof window is interesting.