Author Topic: How Serge caused the future to be destroyed?  (Read 13501 times)

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
How Serge caused the future to be destroyed?
« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2005, 02:13:14 am »
Who said that FATE calculated anything?

We're not saying that he's wrong for taking the chance; we're saying is that if he was a bit saner he could have probably figured out more efficient way of seperating Schala from Lavos then by setting up this elaborate, risk-filled plan.

P.S. Oh yeah, like Mystik said, he obviously time travelled. How else would he get from 2300-2400 to 1020 A.D.  :P ?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 11, 2005, 03:20:57 am »
Going back in time to stop Queen Zeal won't prevent the Time Devourer from already have been formed in the DBT.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2005, 06:53:36 am »
I know that he time travelled, but obviousally there are rules to time travel. Otherwise Crono's co would have just time travelled to some point before he died, and saved him. But no, they needed to use some elaberate thing called the Chrono Trigger to bring him back from the void.

And as Chrono'99, The TD would already be in the DBT. I'm not exactally sure, but if Belthasar went back in time, that would change the future again, possibly making another Schala fall into the DBT, and another Schala for Lavos to drain.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2005, 03:32:24 pm »

He might not be fully sane, but you know, there's a reason why he designed such a grand scheme. Maybe he benefits from all of this at the end of CC. Maybe its like something that will be showin in Chrono Break, maybe Belthasar orintated all of CC's things to become a God like person in the end. All I can say is that Belthasar seems much more calmer this time around. And I don't think he's totally insane because he was still sane in Zeal. Like that Zealian woman said or something, he's a genius and should be respected or something.

I don't see how he could possibly become godlike after this type of scenario. If he wanted to be godlike, he should've become the Arbiter himself and carried out his plan by his own hands. And yea, you can still be insane even if you're a genius. The way you're arguing, you're acting as if being insane means you're like a retarded individual.

And as Chrono'99, The TD would already be in the DBT. I'm not exactally sure, but if Belthasar went back in time, that would change the future again, possibly making another Schala fall into the DBT, and another Schala for Lavos to drain.

Probably not.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2005, 07:17:23 pm »
Meh.

O, BTW. Lucca is insane too. She's a Genius. FATE said that you could go as far as calling her a Mad Scientist. Woah, So every scientist is insane! OMFG! F%^K you Luccia!

GrayLensman

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2005, 07:58:35 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking

The DBT is an entirely different dimension.  Time traveling to 12,000 BC is not going to affect the Time Devourer.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2005, 11:52:15 pm »
Yeah, but remember how you once said that changes to the past create a new future? Would that mean that when Belthasar arrives, yet again another Schala will fall into the DBT, and meet the Original Schala and Lavos?

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2005, 01:22:07 pm »
No, because the orginal Schala and Lavos would not be there.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2005, 07:31:43 pm »
How would they not be there? Until Serge and co defeat it, the TD is still in the DBT. So if with that theory, Belthasar did time travel back to 12,000BC, another Schala would fall again -.-;

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 17, 2005, 08:24:25 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking
How would they not be there? Until Serge and co defeat it, the TD is still in the DBT. So if with that theory, Belthasar did time travel back to 12,000BC, another Schala would fall again -.-;

Schala would be erased from the timeline, but it wouldn't really change the Time Devourer because that Schala would be erased. The TD's creation was something totally unique because the MM was overpowered and because Schala was cast into the DBT alive, not changed by a time travel or something. Everything which disappear from a timeline vanish in the DBT (beside the TD and some bubbles of nothing, there's nothing in the DBT), but Schala didn't because she was forcefully and physically thrown in.

There must also have been something special with Lavos, else the TD would already have existed during CT (versions of Lavos must have been sent to the DBT when Crono traveled to prehistory while Lavos didn't creat his Pocket Dimension yet, and when the party went into the PD's past to revive Crono).

That's my opinion anyway.

Serge

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2006, 01:06:58 pm »
I think it was that Shale was missing so cause the world to slipt up to death sea.

Namara

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 06, 2006, 01:32:34 pm »
No, the dimensions split because of Kid going back in time to save Serge.  Schala was able to interfere when she made that electrical storm to lead Serge to the Frozen Flame and to send Kid to Lucca, but she didn't split the dimensions.

As for the TD not appearing in Chrono Trigger, one theory to think about is that the TD might have been a Lavos Spawn who got a hold of Schala.  That's the only explanation that I can think of, but it's possible that Lavos turned in the TD only in Home World where he wasn't killed by Crono.  I don't know why this would be, but it would be the only other way because Lavos did not look like the TD when Crono faced him.  What do you guys think?

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 06, 2006, 06:07:01 pm »
The Time Devourer was heavily implied to be the future incarnation of Lavos that was erased from the timeline because of his defeat in 1999 AD. There, he fused with Schala, creating the Time Devourer.

Serge

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2006, 12:02:15 pm »
It has something to with his dad so.He became the fate because of the frozen somethin curse him.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2006, 07:24:08 pm »
Holy crap. You missed out on alot.