Author Topic: CHRONO TRIGGER COLISEUM  (Read 14277 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
CHRONO TRIGGER COLISEUM
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2005, 11:45:58 am »
I'm fairly sure that the PSX version actually uses that ROM for gameplay. Thus the crappy load times.

Aw nuts...I stopped playing because my comp froze after fighting Nizbel II and my previous save was before getting the Dactyl...:cry:

Why don't I savestate more? WHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!??

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
CHRONO TRIGGER COLISEUM
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2005, 02:08:25 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
I'm fairly sure that the PSX version actually uses that ROM for gameplay. Thus the crappy load times.

Aw nuts...I stopped playing because my comp froze after fighting Nizbel II and my previous save was before getting the Dactyl...:cry:

Why don't I savestate more? WHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!??

Wow, the opposite. I'm used to savestating between each battle turn...

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Re: pink nu
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2005, 02:57:22 pm »
Quote from: Froboy
I have absolutely no idea on how to do it with just one person...will Ayla's Bronze Fist strike hurt Spekkio?

Nope, it should register as a miss everytime if he has the same code.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
CHRONO TRIGGER COLISEUM
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2005, 05:04:27 pm »
Quote from: Chrono'99
Wow, the opposite. I'm used to savestating between each battle turn...

I would, but I stupidly have my Shift set up as my L Trigger on my GBA Emu...so it can get annoying w/certain games like Pokemon & MegaMan Battle Network where the L Trigger is used to open some damn window...I mean, it just means that I'd open a savestate to an opened window of text or w/e...but it still annoys me I guess...>_> My own stupidity, that is...

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
CHRONO TRIGGER COLISEUM
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2005, 12:35:55 am »
Like in Super Metroid, where it is sooo hard to use L and R Buttons (cmon, the Xbox ones are triggers) and so its hard to angle your shots

Julford

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
CHRONO TRIGGER COLISEUM
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2005, 03:06:22 pm »
Story time!

I thought that the coliseum wasn't going to be too hard, so I got the key in Sewer Access immediatly, and entered the arena with my level 10-12 party... To be frank, I was a bit intimidated by how there were enemies from the Giant's Claw in the easy mode fights. I beat the Lizardactyl, and went on to fight the final fight of Easy mode... Masamune-form Spekkio.

My jaw dropped as he did 1800+ damage to my whole party.

Yeah, I think the coliseum is a bit too hard, but I guess that's what makes it so great. I've only beaten Masamune form Spekkio once in as long as I've had CT, which is nearing 6 years now, and that was on my SNES version. I've never even seen the pink Nu formed Spekkio.

Long story short, I won't be winning this competition. But I know I'm enjoying just trying to complete Easy mode. Plus, the arena made me finally start playing the CT Rom I've had for 7 or 8 months now. Up till then, I'd only gotten as far as recruiting Lucca in 600 AD. Now, I'm just past Zenan Bridge, and have put at least half of my playtime of the last two days in the arena alone.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
CHRONO TRIGGER COLISEUM
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2005, 08:43:47 pm »
Wait, what? Is it Masa&Mune form Spekkio? I just thought it was Masa&Mune...You just need higher Mag Def & Robo's Heal Beam to beat the final forms of Spekkio (full party). That's what I always used.

Julford

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
CHRONO TRIGGER COLISEUM
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2005, 12:32:34 am »
Yes, it's the Masa&Mune form of Spekkio. He opened with an attack that dealt 1800+, remember? I don't remember the REAL Masa&Mune dealing that much... :D

I found a bug in the arena, but I'm not sure if my Email's working. Is the person who made the arena someone here that I can PM? I can just tell them that way instead...

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
CHRONO TRIGGER COLISEUM
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2005, 12:41:14 am »
Sure PM me if you want

--jp

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
CHRONO TRIGGER COLISEUM
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2005, 02:15:49 pm »
I wish I could dump this on a game genie and use my cart, since I have everyone at **...

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
CHRONO TRIGGER COLISEUM
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2005, 05:15:56 pm »
*being proud because of his first post at this forum and says "Hi all"*

I lost twice vs Spekkio Masa&Mune in solo fight...he always uses Chaos Zone and because of the helm handicap it hits me, then after a time he uses his instant killer (forgot the name, it looks like a hallation ball and is also the counter attack of the alien enemy which at the black omen). The other time I was lucky using Chrono+max magic+prismspec(my favo accessory)+max speed+haste helm to kill him before the instant kill attack. Medium was no problem with my (mostly) maxed out chars(btw can u dodge the iron orb with magus+3rd eye [** evade], or is it like aylas tail spin?)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
CHRONO TRIGGER COLISEUM
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2005, 09:05:16 pm »
Congrats man, and nice avatar

--jp

jthomp1286

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
CHRONO TRIGGER COLISEUM
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2005, 11:08:31 pm »
**Plays "Fanfare 1" for CyberSarkany**

Congrats! I got to the hard difficulty and got slammed by the pink Spekkio and never got the time to go back and try again. Good job!

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
CHRONO TRIGGER COLISEUM
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2005, 05:32:11 am »
Quote from: CyberSarkany
*being proud because of his first post at this forum and says "Hi all"*

I lost twice vs Spekkio Masa&Mune in solo fight...he always uses Chaos Zone and because of the helm handicap it hits me, then after a time he uses his instant killer (forgot the name, it looks like a hallation ball and is also the counter attack of the alien enemy which at the black omen). The other time I was lucky using Chrono+max magic+prismspec(my favo accessory)+max speed+haste helm to kill him before the instant kill attack. Medium was no problem with my (mostly) maxed out chars(btw can u dodge the iron orb with magus+3rd eye [** evade], or is it like aylas tail spin?)

Nice work dude! Man, and youv'e got "teh l337est ranky on t3h ole forums!!1111!!!eleven" But seriously mate, get posting and you are gonna be so popular for you are the only heir!

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
CHRONO TRIGGER COLISEUM
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2005, 01:59:52 pm »
Yeah I try to post, but there's so much to read and to write, donno where to start lol.
Can Ayla's critical hit damage spekkios form? Because then it would be possible to beat hard solo with her, too(because tail spin doesnt hit the left Spekkio form in the 3rd fight).
I was lucky with the save because I played CT through again with at its 10th Anniversaire(spelling?) to get all endings again. It took me about 10 ingame hours to level to **...
If any beta testers for the next Colo-how_ever_typed are needed, lemme know :P