Author Topic: Access to The End of Time  (Read 5649 times)

PhantomBPR

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Access to The End of Time
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2005, 12:20:19 am »
I always saw it like this:

After a team of 3 people have already visited the end of time and gone through a gate once, some power is evoked, and a copy of that gate is sent to the end of time (as a pillar of light) and I belive the power is evoked by Bellthasar, for some reason, (either to help Chrono, or something else)  however that would not explain how the first 3 pillars are there, unless somehow, other people somehow went through the gate, but that's just my idea.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2005, 03:44:04 pm »
Why Belthasar? If anyone it would be Gaspar. But in any case, the guru's can not control gates, or they wouldn't be stuck where they are ;)

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2005, 07:19:23 pm »
The Gates are linked to the End of Time....because it's the End of Time. Gaspar says it's where all space-time meets up.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2005, 10:10:45 am »
Not 'where they meet up'...he says that it's the space-time coordinant of least resistence.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2005, 03:31:05 pm »
And for all we know, Gaspar couldn't use the gates himself. You might have still needed the gate key to activate the pillars.

The Shadow

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Oy vei
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2005, 01:46:51 am »
(Deep breath) okay, we know that time (surprisingly) passes in the end of time because it would have taken at least some time to build the messed up place that Jasper and the god of war hang out at, so, supposedly the characters should feel the effects of time, yet it is uncertain wether the amount of time that passes at The End of Time is the same amount that passes when Chrono and friends are wandering around the other time periods.  It boils down to the questions of:  Do all points in time within the Chrono Trigger universe travel at the same temporal speed (meaning Jasper has lived at the end of time as long Methcoir has lived in the present) or is time expierenced diffrently at the end of time than at other periods (one hour in the real world equals a minute at T.E.O.T. ect.)
Sorry I leave long answers, it's just how I type...

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2005, 04:45:14 am »
Why does time have to pass there? Objects can move through space if time never exsisted in the first place. We cant concieve it, but it would be possible out of the bounds of our/the chrono universe. Supposing the end of time is a pocket universe, with different physics, it would be entirely possible.

But then, I just found a flaw in my own theory.
If no time passed, everybody who ever went in and out of the E.O.T. would be there at exactly the single moment that there is. Thus, you would see yourelf in past, current and future visits to the place, all the the same time.
Maybe if you watched them leave they would go out. but then, even if you werent watching, they would. but then I disprove my theory again. This is confusing.

im just going to say it is a diferrent universe wit physics we cant percieve as of yet.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2005, 07:08:33 am »
Quote from: SilentMartyr
And for all we know, Gaspar couldn't use the gates himself. You might have still needed the gate key to activate the pillars.

Well since other people have been popping through gates, I'd doubt it. They'd have to get back home through the pillars. Gaspar may just choose not to.

Or maybe the portals created a the ocean palace made it so no one can travel through time. Belthasar didn't use the epoch. Gaspar doesn't time travel, Melchior... Whatever and Magus said he was stranded, even though he somehow has the power to traverse time and space later and can summon things. And then again, he was sent to Zeal, but maybe that was because it was Lavos' energy and then the Epoch let him time travel with the others. Probably not. Scrap it.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2005, 04:26:48 pm »
Or maybe you just need a Gate Key. >.> Because these other people passing through time periods needed some kind of catalyst to open Gates, so logically they could use that catalyst to return home. Janus and the Gurus are the only people we know of to have traveled through time without a Gate Key of some sort. (Gate Key, Epoch, Pendant, Chrono Cross, Mastermune, etc.)