Author Topic: Information about the Entity  (Read 9652 times)

rotorkid

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Information about the Entity
« on: December 21, 2003, 06:43:08 pm »
I was reading a FAQ on GameFAQs about some translation differences in Chrono Trigger and I found that the title of the last chapter of the game, "The Final Battle", is actually called "The End of the Planet's Dream" in the japanese version. This is more evidence pointing to the fact that it is most likely the planet guiding Chrono and his friends through the events of the game.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2003, 07:00:51 pm »
I'll add it to the encyclopedia entry that's waiting to be transferred.

Done. It can be viewed at http://www.chronocompendium.com/archive/modules.php?name=Encyclopedia&op=content&tid=276

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Information about the Entity
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2003, 07:52:10 pm »
Quote from: rotorkid
I was reading a FAQ on GameFAQs about some translation differences in Chrono Trigger and I found that the title of the last chapter of the game, "The Final Battle", is actually called "The End of the Planet's Dream" in the japanese version.

I hadn't known that. Now that I do, I see that it also adds further meaning to Chrono Cross' last chapter title, "For all the dreamers: Our planet’s dream is not over yet."

And, here too, life goes on...

~ Josh

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2003, 08:21:22 am »
also, there were CC lighters (yes lighters) that were made in Japan, and  maybe in US I don't know, with some texts on it :

The dream of our planet once had
Defeated the darkness
And brought forth a brighter future.
However this was also the dawn of a new nightmare...

The final battle over the legendary treasure,
"The Frozen Flame"...
A battle between dragons, humans, and fate
That will surpass even space and time...
Is about to begin...

Our planet's dream
Has not yet ended...

(you can see the picture here)
So the Entity must definitly be the Earth, I think.

mmh... actually we can read this on the game manual or something, but eh I never saw it... :wink:

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2004, 10:56:20 pm »
I'll add it also. Thanks.

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2004, 11:06:21 pm »
I was slightly disappointed that the planet ended up being the Entity.  Before CC came out, I had always assumed that the Entity from CT was Schala.  I don't know why, it just made sense to me that she could orchestrate such a complicated plan.  And I still don't get why Lavos ripped Chronopolis back in time... oh well.

mmonais1

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2004, 04:32:24 am »
i always thought the nu was some how related to the entity.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2004, 02:50:11 pm »
It's been speculated that the Nu are a system of the Entity, agents that perform some function for it in every time period.

doulifee

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.doulifee.com
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2004, 03:11:56 pm »
Quote from: Radical_Dreamer
It's been speculated that the Nu are a system of the Entity, agents that perform some function for it in every time period.

for data storage, like magic data for spekkio? or help and conduct people on the right path (like the Nu in 2300 AD) ?

But the Nu was used in zeal.. (strange because Zeal was overwhelmed by lavos power) maybe for sentry purpose?

What the purpose of the nu with mop in the prehistoric time ? :wink:

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2004, 03:43:39 pm »
Maybe the Nu have nothing to do with the Entity.  There is zero evidence in the game to suggest that they have anything to do with either the Entity or Lavos.  Finding out their origin is like trying to find out the origin of the Yakra, not really possible.  I doubt that they are agents of the planet, they are not found at all in Chrono Cross.  You would think that a threat as great as the Time Devourer would require the "agents" to help save the day.  I also have a question on the side if anyone would care to answer it: If Lavos (or Time Devourer) controls the Dragon God, why does she want to destroy humankind?  I thought Lavos wanted humans to outlast the reptites, yet there is Dinopolis... also why is the planet having humans work for it, it seems as though giving humans that much power would make things worse for the planet, life sure as hell didnt get better after CT so what is the Entity doing??

ArgonX

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2004, 09:28:54 pm »
I think, in a sense, that Lavos is sadistic.  It says in Cross that Humans evolved because of contact with Lavos.  It doesn't say that Lavos values them though.  Humans use Lavos' power and I figure he doesn't appreciate it.

~AX~

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2004, 10:02:10 pm »
Quote from: ArgonX
I think, in a sense, that Lavos is sadistic.  It says in Cross that Humans evolved because of contact with Lavos.  It doesn't say that Lavos values them though.  Humans use Lavos' power and I figure he doesn't appreciate it.

~AX~

He uses humans like labrats, testing genetic mutations on them to see what works best for him.  However, when we return the favor, he isn't too happy.

chronotriggerfreak

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://ctf.sytes.net/
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2004, 11:11:36 pm »
Quote from: Faulce
Maybe the Nu have nothing to do with the Entity.  There is zero evidence in the game to suggest that they have anything to do with either the Entity or Lavos.  Finding out their origin is like trying to find out the origin of the Yakra, not really possible.  I doubt that they are agents of the planet, they are not found at all in Chrono Cross.  You would think that a threat as great as the Time Devourer would require the "agents" to help save the day.  I also have a question on the side if anyone would care to answer it: If Lavos (or Time Devourer) controls the Dragon God, why does she want to destroy humankind?  I thought Lavos wanted humans to outlast the reptites, yet there is Dinopolis... also why is the planet having humans work for it, it seems as though giving humans that much power would make things worse for the planet, life sure as hell didnt get better after CT so what is the Entity doing??

As far as humans doing the Entity's work: See this topic. Namely my second and last posts, which confront the necessity of humans in particular. A few other posters discuss it somewhat, too.

But in reality, when Schala fuses with Lavos to create the Time Devourer, the result is not anything like either of them. The result is a hungry monster whose only whim is to destroy everything. Lavos's desires for humankind are no longer in question, and obviously, neither are Schala's.

Also mentioned in that topic is that the Entity really doesn't have any place in Chrono Cross. Its only thoughts were to save itself (given that you accept the Gaia Theory), and since it had done that with Crono, it was through. The only real act it had in Cross was to pull Dinopolis through time to counteract Chronopolis's displacement. Other than that, well, it must be oblivious to the idea that if the Time Devourer succeeds, it will be destroyed anyway. The only real "Entities" present in Cross are Schala and Belthasar. You ought to be able to pick that up from the topic.

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2004, 02:10:46 pm »
oh ok, thanks :)  that makes sense.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2005, 01:09:14 pm »
Well, it's already been done. There's 30kb or so in a thread in Kajar laboratories that is waiting to become an article, and yes, it is clearly the planet.