Author Topic: Unnatural Selection  (Read 5032 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Unnatural Selection
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2004, 07:59:08 am »
But with the change-or perhaps even without it, who knows, right?-brought on by the FF, humanity IS a pretty destructive parasite to the planet. That is the nature of mankind...

Although, perhaps the planet can see beyond this and into a time where mankind has evolved past such foolishness, and that's why it doesn't find a way to wipe them out...

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Unnatural Selection
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2004, 05:59:42 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
But with the change-or perhaps even without it, who knows, right?-brought on by the FF, humanity IS a pretty destructive parasite to the planet. That is the nature of mankind...

Although, perhaps the planet can see beyond this and into a time where mankind has evolved past such foolishness, and that's why it doesn't find a way to wipe them out...

Or perhaps the planet can't wipe us out, thats the problem.  Look at real life for example, humans are a pretty diseased species, we cant take much of anything, but we multiply very fast and come up with cures for old diseases only a little slower than the new ones appear.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Unnatural Selection
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2004, 06:04:48 pm »
Hmm... that sounds somewhat like a fanfic I'm planning. This will probably occur after the ZEAL fanfic in an alternate dimension, and will feature the character of Backer. It's still a while off, though.

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Unnatural Selection
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2004, 01:11:14 am »
That's one of the issues I intend to explore in a one-shot featuring Ayla and Lavos that I'm going to have time to do this weekend, thank the Force.

Foolish Boy

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Unnatural Selection
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2005, 03:47:24 pm »
I think the planet probably doesn't like humanity, but it dislikes Lavos more. I also think it prefers the Dragonians. Why else would it have drawn back Dinopolis? It mentions numerous times in Chrono Cross about humanity being parasitic.

But, since Lavos is there, the planet might as well use lavos' product (humans) against it.

This might sound weird but I think the planet might want to come to a mutuality with humans. Kind of like: I don't like you very much. You not very fun to be around. But if you get rid of Lavos, I'll deal with you.