Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Sound Effects / Instrument Bank Released  (Read 2783 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Chrono Trigger Sound Effects / Instrument Bank Released
« on: November 12, 2005, 12:55:56 am »
Two items are released to day which aim to help fan project creators using Temporal Flux. Firstly, the Chrono Trigger Sound Effects Pack by Dirtie is a .rar archive with every sound effect in the game ripped as .spc files. Editors can now test out sounds before adding them to events to spice up new scenes. Additionally, flash artists or other multimedia presenters can use the sound effects in their creations. Secondly, the Chrono Trigger Instrument Bank contains 61 copies of 'Morning Sunlight.' "What in the world," you say? Well, each .spc utilizes a different instrument for the lead of the song. In effect, this will let you preview how instruments in Chrono Trigger sound before mixing the songs in Temporal Flux. Every instrument is represented.

-CT Sound Effects Pack
-CT Instrument Bank

An update on Chrono Symphonic is also in store; the sound engineer, CompyFox, has been laboring away at mastering the files and bringing about aural perfection. In case you're skeptical and thinking that Symphonic will never be released, take heart! If this month does not see it, December invariably will, and we can all party once more for 2005, the tenth anniversary of Chrono Trigger.

Verily, thee hath forgotten to mention the Coliseum! A new version is having finishing touches put on it as we speak! Expect it to come out the same day as Chrono Symphonic, and be blown away by a cameo from a legendary swordsman!

Dirtie

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 04:56:44 am »
Glad I could be of service. You'll probably want to convert the sound effects to something usable if you plan on putting them in a creation of some sort, and the Nullsoft Disk Writer output plugin included in Winamp serves this purpose quite nicely. Of course you'll have to configure SNESamp (Alpha II SPC Player) to your liking as well, which can be difficult at times :P
EDIT: Just realised similar information is in the ReadMe. :P

Perhaps we should release a V2 sometime with all the SPCs tagged?

Being able to hear all the different instruments is a valuable resource as well, Temporal Flux really is a nifty application isn't it? :)

Oh, one question, how the heck did you manage to compress the archive that much? I swear when I tried it in WinRAR on maximum compression, I still ended up getting one multiple megabytes in size.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 01:17:47 pm »
I had to compress the CT Prerelease soundtrack for Zophar.net (...they still haven't added it), and Zophar notes that checking the option "Solid Archive" works extraordinarily well with .spcs. It took me forever to find that option in the program, and I can't find it now, so I've just been using that CTP soundtrack .rar and adding new files to it while removing the old ones.

Hindu_Pez

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hindupez.com
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 05:42:59 pm »
I am so excited about this. There are so many noises and sfx through CT that have always grabbed my attention. The "lavos noise" (that's what I call it, anyway) is my favorite.

I hope Square Enix will let me get some temp rights to some of these noises. They're (the sounds) are begging me to distort them and use them in Hindu Pez tracks. mmhm.

knuck

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 12:06:28 am »
CT Sound Effects Pack. Holy fuck, I don't need to search on obscure sites of the internetz to find crappy WAVs of CT SEs anymore.
Great job.

Dirtie

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 01:38:05 am »
I'm currently converting them all to wav format as well, watch this space.

Hindu_Pez

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 02:21:44 am »
Quote from: Dirtie
I'm currently converting them all to wav format as well, watch this space.

holy. effing. poo.

these in .wav format might give me an aneurysm of excitement.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm tasty mmmmmmmmmm

okay. must stop. Druel is not good for the laptop.

Dirtie

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 02:48:11 am »
It takes a while, because SPCs have no data in them for when the sound should actually stop, so I have to delete the silence at the end of each and every one manually.

Hindu_Pez

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 11:56:53 am »
Quote from: Dirtie
It takes a while, because SPCs have no data in them for when the sound should actually stop, so I have to delete the silence at the end of each and every one manually.

Yeah, I understand how that goes. I did something similar with sounds from Contra - Hard Corps, and I remember it being incredibly tedious.