Author Topic: Coliseum Beta Testers Required  (Read 686 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Coliseum Beta Testers Required
« on: October 20, 2005, 11:26:14 pm »
And this isn't casual stuff. The coliseum is, for all intents and purposes, ready to release. But jsondaq2 and I want to make damn sure that it's fine-tuned and also can be beaten. If you would like to beta test, you are required to

-Make sure every monster in easy/medium/hard attacks the party adequately
-Beat Hard on both Solo and Party modes (NO Game Genie cheats)

The last may take you awhile, but it is a good excuse to play Chrono Trigger. You will need to beat these requirements asap. Concerning the last battle, you may use ** characters with all the items you require, including Elixirs and MegaElixirs (unlimited amounts of these can be obtained in the Giant's Claw, so it's fair game to beat Hard-Party with 99 of them in stock; same for Hard-Solo with 99 Elixirs).

We need these results as soon as humanly possible. Just beat Hard on Solo and Party, and note any other problems. Please volunteer by replying to this thread. After a sufficient amount of volunteers are available, I will close recruitment and e-mail the volunteers the build.

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
Re: Coliseum Beta Testers Required
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 11:08:43 am »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
And this isn't casual stuff. The coliseum is, for all intents and purposes, ready to release. But jsondaq2 and I want to make damn sure that it's fine-tuned and also can be beaten. If you would like to beta test, you are required to

-Make sure every monster in easy/medium/hard attacks the party adequately
-Beat Hard on both Solo and Party modes (NO Game Genie cheats)

The last may take you awhile, but it is a good excuse to play Chrono Trigger. You will need to beat these requirements asap. Concerning the last battle, you may use ** characters with all the items you require, including Elixirs and MegaElixirs (unlimited amounts of these can be obtained in the Giant's Claw, so it's fair game to beat Hard-Party with 99 of them in stock; same for Hard-Solo with 99 Elixirs).

We need these results as soon as humanly possible. Just beat Hard on Solo and Party, and note any other problems. Please volunteer by replying to this thread. After a sufficient amount of volunteers are available, I will close recruitment and e-mail the volunteers the build.

this wil give me the excuse to play chrono trigger again :D

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
a
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 03:14:08 pm »
Hey Zeality you gunna release that ReadME too?  It might answer some of the less technical questions atleast  

I have beaten both solo and Party hards
Solo- is slow but definately beatable, I equip the green Dream just in case

Party-For battle 1-6 I didn't really have to many issues.  I got up to leval 7 w/o even opening a saved state too....though I admit Level 7 I had to load states.

I had Crono Marle and Robo (if you haven't increased his magic defense this won't work), their triple tech reallllllly helps.  Obviously Marle will be the healer and I just constantly bombarded them with shock/luminare.  

Zeality also had an issue where he hacked speed to "super max" and one of the handicaps equips the bandana....which I guess increases speed to one but since it's max it actually goes to zero.  

Good luck,

--jp

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 08:06:51 pm »
Shinrin, did you get my earlier e-mail? I'm not sure if I have your correct addy.

I have to finish this interview up ASAP. Symphonic isn't bearing down on us or anything, but we should be ready.

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 11:07:58 pm »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
Shinrin, did you get my earlier e-mail? I'm not sure if I have your correct addy.

I have to finish this interview up ASAP. Symphonic isn't bearing down on us or anything, but we should be ready.

yeah i got a email about this beta testing
and that was it.

Janus Zeal

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 05:00:09 pm »
Might as well. I already did it last time, so I'm pretty familiar with how it works.

silk_121@hotmail.com