Author Topic: Bickering  (Read 2204 times)

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • How do we know we exist?
    • View Profile
Bickering
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2005, 06:20:38 pm »
Quote from: Lord J esq

You really ought to do yourself the courtesy of reading what other people write before spouting off. I don't know how to put this in any simpler terms: Don't embarrass yourself by making up things that other people didn't say. Just spend a little extra time reading the material and understanding it properly, and we won't have any problem. In fact, given what you just said, we're not even in disagreement! Yes, an idea can be dangerous even if its creator renounces it. This has been my stance all the while, and apparently it is yours as well, or at least now it is.

Ah. More condescension. I love it.

Had I not read your post, Josh, I wouldn't have responded at all. What happened was a simple miscommunication- not a failure to read.

Why don't you, you know, get over your ego before spouting off? It would do the Compendium a great service.

Arguably, we know that you keep ranting about this because you feel you've been wronged in regards to the fact that your advice had been denied. Stating that I had taken it poorly, even when I have been quoted as looking at the situation on a neutral vantage point the entire time.

I see no need to continue this rant with you; post as you will. You know you can't resist your urge to nab the last word.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Bickering
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2005, 06:28:50 pm »
Ex, I don't take kindly to children who are wrong every time they open their arrogant little mouths in the name of conjuring up falsehoods to perpetuate a state of irrational argument that has nothing to do with anything on the topic. If you want to argue substance and facts, I'm here. If you want to go on making things up and lying out of the side of your mouth, not to mention all this trolling you've been doing, then you're gonna get burned. You know why? Because you haven't been right one bloody time in this entire thread, and even though I keep quoting left and right to demonstrate why and how you've been wrong, you keep on doing it. You're off your rocker, and anyone who respects your kind of mule-headed tenacity is off their rocker too. How many times have you been corrected in this topic, not just by me but by other people? Suck it up and bow out...or at least stop making things up and start bothering to read what people write.

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Bickering
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2005, 06:31:35 pm »
Ex, I don't take kindly to children who are wrong every time they open their arrogant little mouths in the name of conjuring up falsehoods to perpetuate a state of irrational argument that has nothing to do with anything on the topic. If you want to argue substance and facts, I'm here. If you want to go on making things up and lying out of the side of your mouth, then you're gonna get burned. You know why? Because you haven't been right one bloody time in this entire thread, and even though I keep quoting left and right to demonstrate why and how you've been wrong, you keep on doing it. You're off your rocker, and anyone who respects your kind of mule-headed tenacity is off their rocker too. How many times have you been corrected in this topic, not just by me but by other people? Suck it up and bow out...or at least stop making things up and start bothering to read what people write.

Ironic. All of it.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Bickering
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2005, 06:36:43 pm »
Ex, maybe we should try each writing half of the same argument. We will then have a control group of readers peruse the thread and note their reactions on different parts. For instance, my sections will induce euphoric "mindgasms" as the reader drinks in the Dionysian prose with a satisfied grimace of total understanding as if one finger of God connected with their right temple and osmosed the meaning of life directly into their brain. Conversely, the readers of your sniveling Crayola-verse will seem to actually "catch" Hell personified in virus form and bleed ebola-style from every orifice for no other reason than to make the hurting stop...or at least cover the pages with an opaque layer of blood. Either that or the confluence of opposing forces will completely negate existence as a whole...or at least blow up the Stay Puft marshmallow man.

You have failed every time we meet on the battlefield of facts. So you want to attack my person? I dare you.

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Bickering
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2005, 06:38:31 pm »
Anything else?

Quote from: Lord Josh esq

You have failed every time we meet on the battlefield of facts. So you want to attack my person? I dare you.

Aha. Editing that in? I thought we knew you to be a man, Josh. Battlefield of facts? What facts, Josh? Since when were you to judge this stuff? The participant cannot claim victory in an online forum. Old rules.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Bickering
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2005, 06:39:57 pm »
Quote from: Exodus
Anything else?

Yes. Deal with this shit in PMs.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Bickering
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2005, 06:43:22 pm »
Quote from: Radical_Dreamer
Anything else?

Don't break the rhythm. This Exodus chap is getting a dose of the real thing. It's not often someone deserves to be publicly humiliated, and less often still a child, but Ex has proven himself an incompetent reasoner with a deranged sense of logic, a delusionary blindness to the facts, no grasp of argument, and awful taste in, I dunno, draperies.

Aitrus

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Bickering
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2005, 06:44:03 pm »
Anything else?

Amen.

This is not the sort of war we want to see, hear, or deal with on this forum.  If you have problems with each other, take care of it yourselves, by yourselves, in private.  If it remains public, it will be taken care of, and I bet neither of you will like it when it is.

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Bickering
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2005, 06:45:55 pm »
As per request, I'll be ignoring this topic.

Josh, I suggest you sign up for the ISFB.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Bickering
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2005, 06:46:07 pm »
Anything else?

Don't break the rhythm. This Exodus chap is getting a dose of the real thing.

Don't mistake my post for a request. He can get "the real thing" in the form of PMs, or not at all. Up to you.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Bickering
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2005, 06:47:02 pm »
Prolly you should lock the thread, then.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Bickering
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2005, 06:53:38 pm »
I'll do one better. I've seperated out all of the bickering into a seperate thread, which I am now locking. I suggest saving whatever you want in a text file, because this thread is not long for the Compendium.