Author Topic: True nature of Dreamstone  (Read 5904 times)

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
True nature of Dreamstone
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2005, 11:11:36 am »
Quote from: CTcronoboy
Quote from: ZeaLitY

Quote from: Face in Terra Tower
When I was still human, I was locked up here, and I have been here ever since...
This tower is a fortress belonging to the ancient Reptites... A symbol of revenge,
brought against mankind by the Dragons... With the defeat of FATE, the seal has been
broken and this tower has surfaced... In the eyes of the Dragons, we humans are the
foes... A brain that has developed abnormally to 3 times the original size in the span
of 3 million years
... We humans have evolved at an enormous rate because of our
contact with Lavos's flame... In a sense, mankind is Lavos's offspring... We humans
are extraneous to this planet... Now... How will you fight, Serge...

The latter quote seals the deal by noting that contact with the Frozen Flame occurred around 3,000,000 B.C., whereas humans had long been using Dreamstone. I don't believe size is relevant, since the Mammon Machine dwarfs the stature of the Flame itself.

I don't want to sound like an ass but how do you figure the date of 3,000,000 B.C.? All that quote says is that 3 million years is the span at which the evolutionary process occured. For all we know it could have been from 65,000,000 B.C. to 62,000,000 B.C., since that is when the flame separated from Lavos. Just seems a little odd to me, thats all.

razor's edge

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2005, 11:43:48 am »
Quote from: Chrono'99
In the eyes of the Dragons, we humans are the
foes... A brain that has developed abnormally to 3 times the original size in the span
of 3 million years
... We humans have evolved at an enormous rate because of our
contact with Lavos's flame...

Maybe the "original size" doesn't correspond to the humans from Ayla's era. Before touching the Frozen Flame, the human species did evolve naturally from real apes etc. Perhaps the face is actually referring to a less evolved kind of primate (Homininae or something), or the apes who first made contact with the Dreamstone and became conscious, I don't know.

Well, it's never been determined whether Dreamstone has anything to do with the humans' evolution in the first place. And it had to be the prehistoric humans who evolved from the FF, because if not then we'd have to throw Marle's geneology out the window.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2005, 02:54:33 pm »
Quote from: razor's edge
Well, it's never been determined whether Dreamstone has anything to do with the humans' evolution in the first place. And it had to be the prehistoric humans who evolved from the FF, because if not then we'd have to throw Marle's geneology out the window.

I know but, I was just pointing out that we don't know what "original size" the face is speaking about. The span at which the brain evolution process occured is 3 million years, but we don't know if the face (or maybe just the Dragons, actually) is counting only the evolution provoked by the Frozen Flame, or the complete human evolution (from the first natural human to the modern human being).