Author Topic: Sephiroth vs lavos who would win and why  (Read 5888 times)

Daniel Krispin

Sephiroth vs lavos who would win and why
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2004, 12:16:18 pm »
Well, I take what it says to mean that the Flame is part of his technology. It says that it is a part of what fell from the sky (or something like that) in Chrono Trigger. But maybe it is, in the same way that you could say the Ring is Sauron. And the mention of his powers and stuff is just a near poetic way of saying it.

chronotriggerfreak

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://ctf.sytes.net/
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2004, 06:39:48 pm »
Lavos is not to the Frozen Flame as Sauron is to the One Ring. Lavos has a billion other pieces of shell exactly like the Flame with it, and the only reason he cares about the Flame is because it's vital to his plan of evolving and then absorbing human DNA. Otherwise, the Flame couldn't matter less to Lavos. Whereas Sauron is little to nothing without the One Ring and his hordes.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2004, 11:19:52 pm »
It never actually says that the Flame is just a part of the shell. It just says it is the essence of what fell onto the world in ancient times. Thus, if the Flame is the essence of Lavos, it could be likened to the Ring. The only reason the Ring is anything is because of Sauron's spellcraft with it, and that he chose to locate his spirit there. Before the ring was ever created, Sauron was a most terrible sorcerer, indeed. So too I imagine Lavos.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2004, 08:49:23 pm »
Actually, it DOES say it is a part of Lavos...Anyone got the quotes handy?

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2004, 12:28:32 am »
I think it says it is part of the "essence of what fell from the heavens in prehistoric times", though to be exact I think we would need to have ZeaLitY in on this (ZeaLitY, help us out here, please?). But, whatever; it's an artistic licence I took, that's all. I thought it looked neat, rather than the typical big porcupine. Plus it was a submission to a fanart contest where the topic was "the Frozen Flame", which itself is kind of boring.

Braddeus

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2004, 05:19:19 am »
::Sephiroth unsheathes Masamune::

::Lavos spawns Jenova::

::Sephiroth falls to knees::

~FIN

Daggart

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2004, 09:20:23 pm »
In an actual battle, sephiroth. I say this because of the speed he attacks with. In a real battle, he wouldnt stand still and wait to be attacked every turn. He'd be all over Lavos, and Lavos would die.

In a game style battle, Lavos would probably win, because Sephiroth never heals himself :P

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2004, 09:29:50 pm »
Actually, in a REAL battle, Lavos would still win because he wouldn't put down his defense, which would be the only way Sephy could put a dent in him at all.

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2004, 11:37:05 pm »
Why wouldn't Lavos put down his defense?  In the battle against the Core, Lavos has to put down his defense to focus energy on using Active Life (the left bit is weak to physical attacks and only has 1500 hp or so).  The right bit never heals itself so Sephiroth would win eventually.  

But in my opinion Lavos would just disable any defense Sephiroth had (using Defensive Seal [sp?]) and use Spell/Random Status, eventually casting Stop on Sephy and giving him a Game Over.

Daggart

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2004, 11:58:58 pm »
Nah, stop wouldnt work on Sephiroth. You can't nullify his defenses anymore than you can nullify Lavos' defence against stop (I'm assuming he has it. most bosses do)

And if you can (cause its just a game mechanic to prevent you from cheesing the bosses anyway), then they'd both be equal in the no statis protection department, except Sephiroth has Pale Horse..

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2004, 01:17:11 am »
ich denk...nein.  i dont think so.  Besides, Lavos could just send Sephy into another time period if things became too heated. All sephiroth can do is...make a shadow of himself appear in places to bug people...