Author Topic: Sephiroth vs lavos who would win and why  (Read 5906 times)

flea plus

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Sephiroth vs lavos who would win and why
« on: December 19, 2003, 03:54:44 am »
I go with sephiroth because he can turn into all mighty bizarro sephiroth!

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2003, 06:22:42 am »
I give it to Lavos simply because he has no KotR/Omnislash-like weakness. It actually takes more then two rounds to take Lavos out, even at **.

Lithe

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://yangfeili.deviantart.com/
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2003, 01:48:58 am »
Hmm... I would normally say Lavos... but then it occurred to me that Sephiroth could do that big crazy Meteor spell and blow up the planet before Lavos is done "feeding".  Tough call.  Depends on the circumstances of the fight.

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2003, 12:05:22 pm »
You're thinking of the "Supernova" attack which can destroy the entire solar system multiple times.:roll:  Meteor was a huge red planetoid summoned by the Black Materia which would wound the planet and allow Sephiroth to assimilate all of the Lifestream's spirit energy.

Lavos can genuinely destroy a planet and doesn't need the Black Materia to absorb all of its energy.   I would like to see Sephiroth try to beat "Destruction Rains From The Heavens".  Sephiroth would get blasted to dust just like poor Crono.

Protoman

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2003, 10:47:52 pm »
It depends on where the battle is fought, amongst other conditions.  Is the fight taking place on a planet Lavos has infected already and the energies of which he has at his beck and call, as he does when his chosen day comes?  That is a deciding factor in deflecting Sephiroth's deadly meteors and other weapons before they ever even penetrate the planet's atmosphere.  If the battle is fought on or after the planetary virus's Manifestation, Sephiroth will be helpless; otherwise, Lavos could be in trouble.

flea plus

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2004, 01:44:26 am »
Remeber it took 3 rounds to beat sephiroth 1 at bizarro sephiroth.The next round was at safer.And the final was just a no lose match between cloud and sephiroth.And if you seen the perview for ff7's movie on tech tv it shows cloud and sephiroth fighting in what was left of midgar.So maybe he's not dead.But maybe they made two sephiroth.Who knows we will find out when the movie comes out next summer.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2004, 02:42:31 pm »
I believe the guy fighting Cloud is a clone of Sephiroth. The real one could be that hooded guy on a chair...

Miss Tiger

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2004, 08:18:09 pm »
Would Sephiroth be allowed to use materia, since it's not a natural ability of his? Lavos would just have natural abilities.

Either way, I think the match would go to Lavos.

doulifee

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.doulifee.com
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2004, 06:45:29 pm »
i like sephiroth but i think lavos is more powerful due to his power. he could even absorb sephiroth's DNA to evolve ! Yay

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2004, 06:53:36 pm »
Quote from: doulifee
i like sephiroth but i think lavos is more powerful due to his power. he could even absorb sephiroth's DNA to evolve ! Yay

And thus, Lavos wins.

doulifee

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.doulifee.com
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2004, 04:49:13 am »
maybe but sephiroth evolve faster in the meteor crater than lavos in the earth core...  (65,001,999 for L and a few week for S )

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2004, 03:30:48 pm »
Sephiroth can destroy all our solar system and burn the Earth surface by growing the sun, but he couldn't harm anybody this way  :twisted: ... Lavos can rain destruction on the Earth from the ground and kill nearly all normal living beings that way!

OathoftheTimeTraveler

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ffexp.com
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2004, 04:25:42 pm »
Quote from: doulifee
maybe but sephiroth evolve faster in the meteor crater than lavos in the earth core...  (65,001,999 for L and a few week for S )

Check the theory of the pocket dimension.

I hate Sephiroth. He's going down.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2004, 12:52:16 am »
I could see Lavos using Materia as it originates from earthly materials kinda like Elements in CC...Er doesn't it? Well, thusly Lavos would have Knights of the Round, Sephiroth's big ol' nasty weakness.

Miss Tiger

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2004, 06:56:56 am »
Whether or not materia originates from earthly materials is irrelevent. The fact remains that it's not a natural, inborn or evolved, ability of his. Lavos would just have his own natural and evolved abilities. If Lavos gets no outside help, then neither does Sephy. So what we have on our hands is a normal, though physically gifted, human against a planet-destroying tick. Really... no contest.