Author Topic: I'm back  (Read 2897 times)

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
I'm back
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2005, 04:27:23 pm »
Quote from: Exodus
Ah, but you see, it was an attention grabber. He'd more than likely come back to this topic before he had checked his Private Message box.

That applies doubly when I'm accessing my account half-drunk from a friend's apartment and the guys are yelling at me to come play some Mortal Kombat Deception.

Heh, I suck so bad at that game.  You'd figure I'd do at least decent because I rock so hard at Soul Calibur, but noooooooo, I don't know any of the controls for PS2.

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • How do we know we exist?
    • View Profile
I'm back
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2005, 06:19:31 pm »
That's because the PS2 sucks. D=

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
I'm back
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2005, 02:42:55 am »
Quote from: jsondag2
So the hall way between Melchior and the Frozen flame is a whole new "location"?  

It can be tucked into the same map as the others, but yeah, it's its own location...  Mainly just there for the player to see stuff like (a) a bunch of computers with filler information on the history we've constructed, or (b) a big series of windows with a view of the world in the new future.  If we go with B, Crono, Marle and Lucca could have a moment in an event to view the fruits of their previous labor.

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
I'm back
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2005, 12:28:32 am »
Should we break the whole "silent protagonist" enigma?

I feel it would be great fanservice to give Crono some lines, though a few may disagree.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
I'm back
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2005, 12:40:06 am »
I vote no

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
I'm back
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2005, 12:49:06 am »
Indeed.

For reference, may I hear why you feel this way?

I for one didn't like it, but the vast majority of people outside of the Compendium dislike the fact that both Serge and Crono never speak.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
I'm back
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2005, 01:04:04 am »
Mainly cause the Dream Team felt that he doesn't need to talk, and were doing this (atleast I feel) as a tribute to the dream team.  

Plus, if he talked it wouldn't feel as much like Trigger/Cross.  It's a small detail that reminds you that you're playing a Chrono game.  

--jp

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
I'm back
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2005, 02:46:55 am »
Can't argue with valid reasoning.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
I'm back
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2005, 11:18:35 am »
I vote yes.  I brought up a plot point with ZeaLitY some time ago (before Ex and I became directors) that during the Breaking Point sequence, Crono and Lavos had a lengthy exchange which would require us to break with tradition and have Crono speak.

ZeaLitY, I think, also mentioned that he would like to have Crono speak this time around.  I think one of the main reasons here is to give him a greater depth of character (which some may not like since he had NO depth previously, and adding new dimensions to his personality may get in the way of how some people imagine Crono), and Crono really doesn't even seem to be the main character this time around.  It's more of a "this is about everyone" story, and Crono is just the first guy you see out of the group.

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
I'm back
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2005, 12:19:59 pm »
We should certainly remove the limiter that prevents you from removing Crono from the head of the active party.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
I'm back
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2005, 12:29:11 pm »
How is the mapping of Chronopolis going?  If you've picked the Map and Location make sure you add them to the "change thread"

--jp