Author Topic: I'm back  (Read 2898 times)

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
I'm back
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2005, 05:11:37 am »
So... by the time of Chrono Cross, the scientists totally rebuild Chronopolis into a different building, don't they?

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
I'm back
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2005, 04:20:27 pm »
Crap, I forgot about Cross.

Does it have to be the same building?

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • How do we know we exist?
    • View Profile
I'm back
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2005, 05:21:34 pm »
Preferably, yes.

But just like in Cross how they added to Lucca's house, I think it stands to reason that we can add to Chronopolis as well.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
I'm back
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2005, 02:31:35 am »
Hmm...  Well, this Chronopolis is not yet running off the Frozen Flame, and the Flame-dependent Chronopolis could just be that it's built differently with vs without the FF (or they rebuild it or whatever), so I think we can get away with the design here.  And we still have to design the dungeon. =P

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
I'm back
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2005, 02:57:37 am »
So....do you want some coding work done on it?  

Dispatch chamber
I imagine this will be similar to EoT.  Would it be pillars of light still?  Maybe it could be little "time capsules" you activate.

Melchior's room:
I'm imagining this is just a shop that changes dependant on the story line.  So that's just text and check Storyline conditionals.  

Epoch
Another steal...but are you doing it Belthasar's room style or EoT style?

The Dungeon
Bit more hard, I'm not sure what the dungeon entails (fights/puzzles, one screen/multiple screens), I suppose a time limit for puzzles is easy but I'm not sure how the "wait" function works if you go into battles.

But yea, the base code for this doesn't seem that bad, course for final version we'll have to get a bit more organized (define which "story values" correspond to each plot segment).  I'm glad were starting with this room though cause it'll make for a good debug room later on.

So if you do want some coding work done I'm free.

--jp

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
I'm back
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2005, 03:02:47 am »
Whatever we decide to do for the Chronopolis layout will be easy enough in TF.  I'll try and make an itty bitty layout for a 2D version of it.

Quick, to the photoshop!

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
I'm back
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2005, 03:25:48 am »
Hadriel. AIM. Now.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
I'm back
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2005, 12:45:43 pm »
Just say it in here, man...  

As far as coding, if we can get that done, that'd be great.  I actually just meant we needed to get the maps laid out in TF so that can be done ahead-of-time.

Style...  Probably it would use the same tileset as Belthasar's areas, but it should end up looking like (layout-wise) the EOT-style dock where the Epoch is floating just off the side of the dock.  (I know you couldn't SEE the Epoch from the dock in EOT; maybe we can have it so you can see it in this one.)

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
I'm back
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2005, 04:54:28 pm »
It was completely unrelated to the project, and didn't need to be stated here.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
I'm back
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2005, 03:00:28 am »
OK...long as you just know it looks like it would have been related to it, since you went to the trouble to make a post for all to see, rather than PMing him.  Can't be keeping secrets in this thing, you know! ;)

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
I'm back
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2005, 03:26:28 am »
Ah, but you see, it was an attention grabber. He'd more than likely come back to this topic before he had checked his Private Message box.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
I'm back
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2005, 04:09:37 am »
K.  Is the epoch going to be in another room, cause you'd have to use two maps I think since the Belthasar style epoch tileset doesn't have to many tiles (no computers or anything like that).  

Once you finish the mapping then send me a copy and I'll throw together a little bit of code for it if you want.  We can add an exit to the 1000 ad overworld that leads to this room, and from then on use it as a debug room, we can simply change the "teleporters" to whatever the current location we're working on is.

Sorry if i'm overstepping bounds here, just seems like a good idea

--jp

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
I'm back
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2005, 04:19:10 am »
Overstepping the bounds? Not at all. =P

Please continue.

Fresh ideas are the pinnacle of good projects.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
I'm back
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2005, 12:52:13 pm »
I agree 100%.  Sounds good.

On the graphic I showed on Page 1, each time the shade of gray changes, that's a new room.  So the "Epoch Room" consists of the actual docking bay itself, and a short hallway branching off from the upper left-hand corner.  (I made this in MS Excel, and didn't really feel like going through the pain it would have caused to narrow down that cell so it'd be a "short" hallway.  It would have meant messing with the Frozen Flame Room too, and I wasn't in the mood.)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
I'm back
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2005, 04:08:07 pm »
So the hall way between Melchior and the Frozen flame is a whole new "location"?  

--jp