Author Topic: Plot Add-Ons  (Read 12431 times)

kickacecrono0091

Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2005, 05:56:35 pm »
I like everything, excpet that you said Alex is in a fit of rage and kills everything, but I thought he was a good guy. Also, Crono is definately going to be playable. The rest of the group, save possibly Marle are the support. And I think we should really use the revolutionary gunwomen(now known as the RGW), so we need a name for her. Any suggestions? I was thinking Shana, but it sounds too much like Schala And what do you guys think of the other game names I thought of? And are we all OK with the main party consisting of Crono, Alexander, and the RGW? In RPGMaker 2K3(not sure about XP), you can have a 4 person party, so we could fit in another, probably female character. As in either the sacrificed girl, or the 17 year old.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2005, 03:37:28 am »
I agree, I dont like the fit of rage thing. Sounds too much like ZeldaDude :P How 'bout the sacrificed woman would be Half x/Half y? Like that game...Tales of Phantasia i think. Ok, so then they decide to kill her because they tell you (the woman) that no halfies are allowed. That or that certain mix isnt allowed. Cliche, right? But then throughout the game she asks questions like why wasnt i killed before, and later she finds out many people from her village are half or her race. Then you find out some dark secret...which i dont know...
Also, for the RGW...Vera? Nerissa? Aera?

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/solid_star_16
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2005, 10:20:07 am »
Vera works well I think.  The half and half idea sounds a bit like the demi-humans or whatever they call them in CC, so yeah, I think that could be an interesting effect.  Good idea.

Now here's my question, what ends up claiming and making the Masamune evil, and who do you think we should give it to?  Oh, and more importantly, what causes the Masamune to go away, the defeat of said person, or something else.

The reason why I said Alex would go into a fit of rage is because that's what the Masamune did to people.  Whoever tried and claim it went crazy with evil and would kill any and all.  It happened to Radius when he killed Garai, and to Dario when he tried to kill Karsh.  That's the only reason I'd say he'd leave and kill.  I was just in the mood to make him the one to put the blood of innocence on the blade is all, but you're right, if we want to make him an awesome character, that won't fly.

Now here's my next question, we've got roughly 3 to 4 characters to start fooling around with.  How and when do you want the game to start?Do you want something as innocent and fun as Trigger, or do you want to be randomly thrown into something sinister from the start?

kickacecrono0091

Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2005, 02:01:23 pm »
Well here's what we have so far, if we all agree that is.

Crono Story - It's been X aount of years since the defeat of Lavos. Crono is now living with Marle. Porre invades Gaurdia. Crono joins the fray and leads the Gaurdian army.

Alex's Story - Him and his fellow Gaurdian knights have been sent on a quest to do something in a cave. All of them die but Alex. Vera(as I guess she is now named) rescues him and brings him to her village. At her village, anybody who goes to the monastary are being brainwashed into evil. Vera has yet to be brainwashed, as well as some others who help Alex. After he helps them or whatever, Vera joins him. The King of Gaurdia is captured by the Porrians,(lol, Porrians) and is dressed up to be a Porre soldier. Alex finds the Masamune. Using it, he goes and kills the King, thinking he's an enemy. After realizing it was the king, he becomes angry/sad. This could explain how the Masamube grew evil, because it killed the good guy. Alex revokes the Masamune, and puts it away where Radius finds it. Crono becomes king.

Then eventually, the two stories combine.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2005, 10:59:34 pm »
First of all, by brainwash, i dont mean go to them, and hypnotise them and stuff. I mean the church (monastery) spreads propaganda about the outside world.
I think Alexs friend should have the Masamune, as it was passed as a heirloom. But at the end, when you kill his friend, maybe he will enter the masamune making it pure, as that was what his friends original intentions were. [insert crying here] then you go onto fight a few more bosses, and then you fight this giant etheral god like boss, that says profound things when you fight it.

kickacecrono0091

Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2005, 11:47:11 pm »
Well you couldn't make it pure, becasue it's impure in Cross. And we do need a villian... The villian has got to be the person that unites Porre and leads them to war.

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2005, 11:48:21 pm »
OK, we have a main type of storyline, for now anyway unless we add on / rewrite / whatever.

Now that we have that, let's find a starting point.  We could do something like in Trigger, where we start at a festival.  However, we could start where the PSX version kind of ends, at Crono and Marle's wedding, or maybe just prior to.  
For instance,
- whomever Crono's best man is (Alex would be a good candidate), maybe he has to run some errands before the wedding begins or some such nonsense (it's an idea at the very least).  
- From there we could be invited into what Porre has become since the meddling of time.
- Maybe on an errand we meet Vera who is on the run or in a hurry or something and we become introduced to the Porre military / general / captain / bad guy or something.

From there, who knows what could happen.  Maybe even then Vera (I love that name) comes in for the rescue.  After all, one man vs. an entire army would be a hard battle, storyline wise anyway.

Anyways, thoughts?

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2005, 04:27:11 am »
No. Sorry, but no. How bout the first idea, of him going to fight with his squad a moster in a cave that is doing some evil. When you go to fight it, you realize its a sentient being, and that it is good, but it has been corrupted. And attacks you. And almost everyone dies. Except you. So clinging for your life (the monster disappeared somehow) you crawl out of the cave, and meet Vera, who is riding on a horse, veiled, and you make a friend, blah blah. And then Crono is somehow involved. Done.

Azarath

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2005, 08:58:01 am »
Ok guys, it seems that I left to many things unclear. I'll have to make this quick though, I snuck on the computer at my Aunt's. Alexander is not to be trusted. I guess you could say he is a Benedict Arnold. But he is supposed to be the most powerful person in the game. He has a terrible secret. He is the Demon Lord, a top-secret military weapon for Porre. His mission is to annihilate all who oppose Porre. Alexander will be a dark and secluded character (kinda like Magus, but he only gives advice in the forms of riddles). I have to go, I'll see if I can sneak on later. Goodbye for now, and good luck!

kickacecrono0091

o...
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2005, 09:46:02 pm »
you never told us who the mystery character was after you left so....yea. So put in simplest form:

Alex does something, meets Vera, they team.
Crono is helping with the Porrian War.
The Porre are being led by some guy who united them. Unbeknownst to the player, is that the whole time, it was Alex. (Whoa! Mega plot twist!)
You find Alex is a traitor, take him out blah blah. End of story.

Sound good?

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2005, 10:01:33 pm »
That sounds not too bad at all.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2005, 06:26:00 am »
Sweet. Just replace the Alexander (party) character with someone else. How bout this. ???? (replacement) does everything we planned for him to do. And his friend will be a servant of Alexander, no, SLAVE. And at the end, there will be 3 battles (healing after each though). One, the friend, who you defeat tearfully on some very special field (maybe where they met?), 2, Alexander in his human, broadsword, man made technological Masamune (cmon!) form, then his shadow form, as a ghost of all the creatures of Pandoras Box.
The riddles thing soumds good. Now for some riddles...

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2005, 02:41:29 pm »
Yeah, I like the idea of a riddle or two.  Sounds interesting.

The slave idea sounds not so bad either.  Maybe what can happen is:
- Slave character puts a barrier around Alexander's fortress / castle / whereever he is.  You have to fight him to enter.  Being a slave, he has no choice but to fight you off.  Enter Miguel-styled fight.
- You beat him and run into something styled like the Viper Manor of Radical Dreamers (it's more creepy than that of Cross I find).  
- From there, you have to crack another barrier (like in CC - the place you get the Dragon's Tear and swap bodies - name escapes me).  Maybe for each part of the barrier to break you get sent to a parallel universe / time where you have to do some quest that satisfies a riddle to the room.  Upon completion, you fight a sub-boss.
- That goes until you complete x-number of rooms.  The barrier breaks.
- You enter and fight the last battles with the Masamune Alexander, followed by a more sinister version - Shadow Alexander.  Hell, maybe storylinewise he kills one of your characters between the two battles.  No healing though, makes it harder, more challenging, etc.  
- Maybe that knocks Masa and Mune out (or maybe they're already out of commission, who knows).  No one said the heir to the MasaMune HAD to be good.
- Upon defeating him, they lock up the MasaMune in a cave, which Radius and Garai eventually come across, years later (or days, who knows).  Maybe that could be an extended ending.

Again it's an idea for end of game dungeon.  A long one, but quite a rewarding experience.  All we have to worry about now is in game mechanics, dungeons, rest of story, etc.

I do like the idea of riddles though.  We definitely have to work with it.  I got one for "finding" Alexander...
*Where to look to find the final boss (first time you figure it out and "meet for the first time" - as enemies at least)...

Built in stone and etched in fire,
When you died is new desire;
Find the sword and find the man,
When you do, you will be damned.

Reasoning behind it...
* Stone is dreamstone
* Fire is lavos shell ("La means big, vos means fire" to quote Ayla)
* Died refers to when Crono dies in Ocean Palace
* Sword is something more obvious to the player, it's the MasaMune
* The man, of course is Alex, and it shows that the final boss is not a woman (could have been Vera, maybe they suspect a Porre woman)
* Last line speaks for itself.

Might be hard to figure out, but more clues can be given if needed.
Anyways, comments, ideas, etc?

Edit:
From there, you have to crack another barrier (like in CC - the place you get the Dragon's Tear and swap bodies - name escapes me).  

*Just remembered that was Fort Dragonia

kickacecrono0091

Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2005, 03:30:02 pm »
I like your riddle. It's nifty. But where did you get Pandora's Box from Zeppelin? It just doesn't fit. I DO like the idea of the slave, and different Alex forms. I think it would be cool to do the FINAL battle against Alex with Crono 1 on 1.

I think it would be cool if the servant joined your team, and then even HE doesn't know Alex is bad. So the servant, requests to fight Alex mano a mano, and they duke it out in the sorrowful scene on the battlefield. But I think it should be a squire instead of a slave or servant, becasue it would point out that he does have combat ability, and Knights and squires have a deeper emotional connection than knights and slaves.(much like Cyrus and Frog) So then Alex tells ???Guy that he's behind Porre, but the Squire being noble, refuses to leave his country, despite the fact that Alex did. He makes a stand and takes down Alex.

So we need a name for the slave/servant/squire. Any ideas?

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2005, 03:32:36 pm »
The 1 on 1 is an awesome idea.

As for the name... how about... actually, let me think on that as I have to go to work.