Author Topic: Plot Add-Ons  (Read 12522 times)

kickacecrono0091

Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2005, 12:25:26 pm »
1 on 1 with Crono or 1 on 1 with the S./S./S.?

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/solid_star_16
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2005, 01:52:11 pm »
Either or could be good.  I think it should be whoever has the deeper connection with Alex that should have to fight him.  Adds more tension and all to the situation.

kickacecrono0091

Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2005, 07:34:50 pm »
Ok. Well Wiesty, our music guy, is wondering what tunes to put in. What do you guys think? I thought...

Premonition and Chrono Trigger
the battle theme
Gaurdia Castle

...should be in it.

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2005, 12:05:01 am »
We need some good dungeon music as well
Something like Magus' castle and Zeal Palace - a little more sinister with a good tune.
That reminds me, are we skipping through time or dimensions or are we remaining stationary?  Because if we're skipping around, we need some kind of music to correspond to each period.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2005, 05:16:42 am »
Another Giant Change By Zeppelin!
What I meant by slave was not so much as buy a slave from some guy, I meant a kind of bond between them, maybe...love? The barrier...I would rather have it this way. Around half way through the game, the slave (who used to be your friend) believes you are weak, so fights you arrogantly. Then you win. Then you dance. I think one on one with random dude. Crono I believe should not hold a larger role then random dude.
No wait!
What about two teams. One is with Random dude, Vera and sacrificial chick. The other is Crono, elite soldier, elite mage and elite...guy. The Crono team must break through the barrier to Alexanders castle while Veras team must find slave. Eh? Eh? There will be more twists and turns obviously. This split only happens after your fight with slave. So you can finish the game with only one side of the story, but if you fight with Crono team only then the barrier will be stronger because slave is still alive, and if you fight with Vera only, then more army people will atack her. Can you do this? I dunno. After you destroy Slave v.2.0 then he becomes a small boy, who is awesome at everything. But it has to be one on one with Slave vs Random. On a childhood place. Oh, and whoever loses is gone. Even if it is you. He is dead. But its not game over. And if you can make it change the outcome. If you can, make it so the save before that battle is ages away, to stop repeating the battle.
Plot Summary
    Random Dude (hereafter known as X) goes with his squad to check out some disturbances (control or cutscene?)
    Whole squad dies except X
    X meets Sacrificial chick
    SC tells X that the monastery or church is spreading propaganda about the outside world, and that they were about to sacrifice her
    As they are riding away away, Vera ambushes them
    You get to like her, and she joins you
    You go to the town gates, but you are blocked (they dont know you are citizens (luckily). Im improvising now)
    Seeing the castle on fire, you are intrigued, so you go around the city walls, and there are a bunch of rocks and you climb on it, and see there is a bloody massacre.
    You meet Crono dying next ot the boulder. You dont know its him
    You take him to the city near you, called --------
    they cure him, and you find out its crono
    he brings you up to date with what i just told you[/list:u]
Optional
    Cronos servants are actually three angelic beings (kinda anti ozzie slash and flea)
    Alexander is a person from Lavos home planet, a place where all are treated equally and fairly. They come to earth to bring peace and to save the people of Earth or whatever planet from the Hell Fire. But when he sees how bad they are, he plans on destroying the humans to save mother earth
    Vera finds out she is an android of some sort, and then a whole back flash comes of how she felt know emotions on the death of one of the groups mentors, or why she felt no pain when Slave slashed her
    Slave was actually created by Belthasar to save the Earth, as he was built with something a rather to be able to hold the Masamune without being corrupted
    The virtual, artificial (yet powerful) Masamune that Alexander has is a product of the World of Lavos. The Masamune is of the Earth. The virtual masamune has a heart
    Lavos was corrupted by seeing all the greed and warfare when he came to Earth, much like Alexander, but for its own greed. "History is repeating itself"
    In some part of the game we must play this song:
http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/raycharles/icantstoplovingyou.htm[/list:u]
oh, and:
PLEASE READ THE WHOLE POST!!

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2005, 11:41:21 am »
I read the whole post, and while I'm not sure I agree with all of it, I definitely like some of the ideas in there...

For starters, different endings based on who you win the game with.
The ability to choose which party to go with.
Vera as an android of sorts (Grobyc prototype maybe).
Looking to see a bloody massacre (it just will be good for the story)

Dislikes:
The things I don't really like are the Chrono servant ideas.  I'm just not partial to it, unless, maybe, they all die save for Alexander.  He and Chrono are the only 2 left or some such thing.
That and I don't like the idea of finding Chrono dying.
Oh, can't have 2 MasaMune's either, unless, of course, if they come from different dimensions, meaning we'd have to have dimensional crossings in this.

Also, yes, we can do that stuff with RPG maker 2K3... I was having a little fun last night creating a protoype of what the game could be like.... yeah, I had fun, and yeah, it's not perfect, but it's a fun few minutes.  Let me give you an overview...

- You start off in a forest - the Cursed Woods of 1005 I'd like to think (doesn't look like the one in 600 AD at all).  
- You can walk around or do whatever, even fight a battle (which disappears after you win).  
- In order to proceed, you must read the sign...
- You fight a battle and are prompted to find 4 more battles and, of course, win.  
- Each one of these special battles has a variable attached so that you can only play after reading the sign, and such.  
- Afterwards, you'll hear a ding type sound and should head to the North of the screen where you'll find Glenn in human form.
- He has a variable attached so that after you talk to him, he'll disappear and a crystal will appear next to him (used with a switch I think).  
- Go for the crystal and you are warped out of the woods to a map area.  *note* I still can't get the map area quite right (meaning Chrono is HUGE and the map is regular map CT style), but I think I know what to do to fix that.  
- You can go to Glenn's grave (it is 1005 AD) read his tombstone and read a note he left for you(yeah, why it's still there in 1005 is beyond me, but hey, it's just an experimental prototype).  
Then you can go to an area to the south, where it's just one trail that you can enter and exit.  
- You can read a sign that leaves a riddle that will tell you what you should do next, but I was too lazy to put in (or too tired anyway).

Anyways, easy, 5 minutes of experimenting and playthrough just so I could remember and learn a few things.  So, if you want, I can program this via RPG2K3.  Let me know if you want me to.  I'll start a new thread for progress and / or whatever if you want.  
Also, if you do want me to do this, what I REALLY need are sprites and maps and such so I can start working more... I used the Chrono Crisis sprites and such attached to it to play through.  Also, does anyone have a text / font fix patch for RPGMaker 2K3?  I could use it.

kickacecrono0091

Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2005, 12:52:31 pm »
Well to get sprites for RPGMaker, go to www.charas-project.net. They have a sprite builder thing. And also, I like...

-Vera as an Android, prototype Grobyc thing
-The Massacre
-Different parties w/ different endings
-And mostly all of your plot summary, except...

-Crono on the brink of death(he should be injured, not almost dead, I mean he's THE MAN, he beat Lavos)
-Two Masamunes it wouldn't work unless like, Solidstar said, they're was multi dimensions
-Alex being from Lavos-world
-Alex coming to save humanity, but then destroys it
-Crono's servants. I think he should rather have just fellow Gaurdian soldiers under his command, not servants that are specific to him

Also, is the slave guy good or bad? I'm a little confused by your post Zeppelin.

And dude, we can't play Ray Charles during a Chrono game. lol

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2005, 08:01:57 pm »
Thanks for the link.  I got some more sprites now.

I think what he means is that the slave is bad overall, we just don't find out until later on.  Not a bad idea, but I'm not sure how it'll fit in quite yet.

Also, I thought of some more music we need.  We need the victory music.  I realized this when testing (threw in some CT remixes for now until we get the new music).

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2005, 03:02:58 am »
-The masamunes are from different dimension
-Yeah, maybe Crono can choose from random guys in a mercenary tent or something
-Damn it, no ray charles!
-Well, Alex should be connected to Lavos. And alex should try and save Earth, but to do so he would have to destroy humanity. Itd be like tales of phantsia, the other great rpg of the time
-The slave is...neither, he is a slave, and slaves cant choose what alignment they wish to be. They can only follow the master

kickacecrono0091

Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2005, 02:18:33 pm »
So we're going between dimensions instead of time periods? Because then we'd have to create two of every map, and change things accordingly. It would be cooler, but twice as long and difficult.

Crono choosing random guys huh? Well if the player chose them, I do't like it. But if Crono is just picking them,(Crono sees them as random, but it's always the same people. and he later befriends/gets to know them and they become more than random people) Know what I mean? Crono goes in, just to get some warriors, chooses some(but they're always the same ones) and then they go from some no-names to important characters.

I like the idea of Alex killing humanity to save Earth, but I don't know how a man can be connected to a giant parasitic life-form.

Wasn't the slave originally a good guy you said? I'm a little confused by him. But you said he can't choose sides, so what I'm asking is, does he do bad or good acts?

And Solidstar, I didn't know you could code in RPGM. That takes care of one of the positions. No we have a whole team. Wiyesty is getting us a good website, and I heard one of his songs(Gaurdia Castle), and it was really good, so it's all coming together. The only thing we need is someone to make us a logo. Which I'll be on soon.

Also, I just thought of something. We need to incorparate a Stream somewhere. I was thinking, When you travel through time/demesions, you go to place similar to the end of time, called the Stream of Time. There you can choose which of however many dimensions there are that you want to go to. It could even have a cool blue flowing-water like background. Just a thought.

Chains Of Fate

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Chronologically Correct
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Crisis Forums
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2005, 02:52:41 pm »
If you guys use my sprites please credit me. It took a long time to rip them all.  :wink:

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2005, 03:13:55 pm »
Don't worry, I'll give you a TON of credit.  I must say, trying to get / find sprites was such a pain.  Then I remembered, Chrono Crisis, and I was like, duh!  8)

I like the stream idea.  Same time, different dimensions, could go well, could be screwy... we'll see where it goes (and if I can figure out how to do it).

Anyways... back into the abyss I go.

kickacecrono0091

Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2005, 08:43:06 pm »
So we're using COF's sprites? Fine by me. Don't worry. You'll be in the credits and all.

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2005, 12:18:42 am »
Yeah, and I gotta say, nice job.  There's no way I would have been able to do all those.

Now, here's a quick question, as I'm making this demo thinger... We're going across dimensions now I'm guessing.  What is the cause and all for being able to jump dimensions?

Also, currently working on the quest for the Masamune heir... aka finding it and finding that Alex is the one who has it / will get it...  So what did I do... 1005 AD map - We enter the "Forbidden Forest" where we go on a hunt.  Paths open and we search for the Masamune.
Moreover, we'll eventually come to Glenn's grave.  Enter ghost with message.  More hunting... and we come to it.
Now, questions (before I add this in)
1) Does Alex already have the Masamune?
2) If he gets the Masamune here, should he go awall, knock out Crono and crew, and then go to Guardia while they're down?  This would allow for the fall of Guardia, while still letting Crono and Marle and company live.
3) Upon getting knocked out, should there be a dimension jump - where getting knocked down or staying alive each have their own circumstances which will inevitably lead to different endings?
4) Am I getting ahead of myself and should I just start at the beginning rather than such a far away point?
5) Not a question, but, I've programmed some of the weapons and stuff in (mainly Crono and Marle's ultimate stuff - Rainbow, Prism Helm, Nova Armor Gold stud for Crono, Valkyre, Prism Helm, Prism Dress, Gold stud for Marle).  While they aren't exactly like the game, would you be up for the idea of the weapons / magic becoming stronger or weaker?  (Guess it was a question)
6) If we're dimensional crossing... how many dimesnions and what should be the differences?  - I'm thinking a Reptite dimension, the 2 keystone timelines (Lavos and non Lavos) should be included at the very least.
7) I created a very shotty version of El Nido... should it even be put on the map?  It's small, and honestly, while we could use it, I don't think it'd do much at all story-wise.  Unless we're dealing with the Porre-elements threat... which could come in handy for the Fall...
8) Input ideas please.

Back to work for me.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Plot Add-Ons
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2005, 01:25:33 am »
The slave does bad stuff. But that doesnt mean he is bad. He is a slave.
Alex's human form is a disguise. Lavos's shell form is a disguise. There true forms are underneath it...
I'm still sticking with my artificial masamune idea.

stream   Audio pronunciation of "Stream" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (strm)
n.

1. A flow of water in a channel or bed, as a brook, rivulet, or small river.
         2. A steady current in such a flow of water.
   2. A steady current of a fluid.
   3. A steady flow or succession: a stream of insults. See Synonyms at flow.
   4. A trend, course, or drift, as of opinion, thought, or history.
   5. A beam or ray of light.
   6. Chiefly British. A course of study to which students are tracked.

look at 4.

But cmon, how bout if Cronos soldiers were really past heroes?