Author Topic: Celestia, a Japanese remix project, debuts  (Read 2008 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Celestia, a Japanese remix project, debuts
« on: September 29, 2005, 12:50:09 am »
Japan has its own unique remixing community; however, instead of submitting material to a few big sites like OCRemix and VGMix, Japanese remixers often host their own collections and often commercially issue CDs of their work. In a change of pace, a huge collaboration was recently organized and executed by Daijin, an enterprising remixer. He drew upon the varied talents of the entire community in a titanic effort to cover several RPG game scores in a project called Celestia, and after long hours of work, 87 remixes were produced! Of these, 13 are of Chrono series works.

Due to the absence of sites like OCRemix to "set the bar", the Japanese VGM community doesn't have strict guidelines like their American counterparts. Don't worry; these pieces are well-crafted and fine tuned. Every Chrono fan -- every RPG fan -- is compelled to check these out, and delight in our fellow fans' works across the Pacific. For ease of download, I have mirrored all the Chrono works on the Compendium's media server, herograw.org (we're still in the process of changing links elsewhere on the site from herograw.com to herograw.org; bear with us). Enjoy these works, and to find the full collection at the Celestia Project headquarters, scroll past the Chrono remix links.

[ Chrono Trigger Remixes | 'Epilogue -My Dear DTMers-' by AD794 | 'Gonzalez' by AD794 (this is the Japanese 'Team Gato') | 'Song of Distortion (At the Bottom of Night)' by Victy | 'Run Through the Stream of Time' by kryptos | 'Crono & Marle -Distant Promise-' by Fauste | 'World Revolution' by T. Moriya | 'Dive to Blue' by Daijin | 'Drum'n Battle!' by Miko | 'CHRONO BORDER' by KGM | 'Corridors of Time -Celtic Dance Mix-' by Kokke | 'Megaloma Punch' by dj umbrella'

[ Chrono Trigger + Chrono Cross Remix | 'Chrono Trigger' by Juvenile ]

[ Chrono Cross Remix | 'Recollection' by msk-field ]

Note: Victy's "Song of Distortion," a cover of At the Bottom of Night, features a great singing performance. You can find the lyrics, translated from Japanese, at this page.

Celestia Project (including all other 70 remixes): http://www.celestia-project.info/sb/

Enjoy it, everyone! We'll be getting an upped dosage of Chrono music next month too, when Symphonic comes to fruition! Stay tuned!

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 01:17:25 am »
Unless you have agreed to distribute these unaltered, I would strongly suggest changing the LZH files to something a little more common stateside, like ZIP format.

---T.Geiger

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 03:07:46 am »
Could there be a list of, like, what specific songs the remixes are remixes of...?

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 04:58:49 pm »
Most of the titles tell that for you, and I bet you could listen to the others and find out :p

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 05:04:39 pm »
How do you open an "lzh" file :? ?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 05:13:22 pm »
Well then, while I can figure out ones like Corridors of Time -Celtic Dance Mix- and probably Crono & Marle -Distant Promise-...I guess I'm just not too familiar w/the actual names for a lot of the Chrono songs, ya dig? Plus, I can't just go willy nilly w/what I dl since i'm on a ghetto 56k connection, I'll be lucky to actually dl one of the songs in one sitting...>_>

Eggith Cyrene

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 01:49:18 am »
I just went to the main site and download two zip files named cele01day 1 and day2. there about 200 megs each so im preety sure thats all the mixes.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 03:14:06 pm »
On my personal opinion; these remixes really disappointed me, I feel that they don't have the same quality as Chrono Symphonic, add something new nor use the same tendencies of Yasunori Mitsuda. They have a plastic sound.

I don't know what you guys think about it but i really didn't like them. If anyone did like them I respect his/her opinion as I respect the work of the persons who did the songs, this is just my personal opinion.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2005, 04:09:46 am »
I still just want to know the generic names of the songs that are being remixed in them...:?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2005, 07:26:30 am »
Note: if you're feeling like exploring, you can visit the personal website of the remixers, then find their other remixes in there (they are all totally unknown here in the West!).